INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Quebec Bear Hunt--2 Bears Arrowed on Video--added pg 42!!  (Read 44257 times)

Offline kctreeman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Quebec Bear Hunt--2 Bears Arrowed on Video--added pg 42!!
« Reply #540 on: July 11, 2007, 11:34:00 PM »
Very good job Tom.  It sounds like you ran a great camp for the boys.  Good story also, I didn't have to keep running back to the computer to find out how it ended.   Looking forward to sharing a camp with you again someday.

Offline cjones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #541 on: July 12, 2007, 03:04:00 AM »
Looks like a great hunt to me. Congrats again to everyone and thanks for the stories.

JC, You sure have picked up you story telling. Very nice my friend!  :notworthy:
Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
« Reply #542 on: July 12, 2007, 11:24:00 AM »
Part 2 :-) Wanted to Thank my buddies for doing some travelin to attend 1st Annual Bear Quest : Don " BOWDOC " Ward took time out of his job of restoring & refinishing recurves & longbows and flew from SEATTLE, Washington to not only hunt and show us his great camp cookin skills,BUT also for being the Social director in camp as well as providing entertainment from the moment he crawled out from under the covers to the moment he slid back under them many hours later.I must say comedians like Larry " The CABLEGUY " would have tears in their eyes after hanging around BOWDOC ! What a pleasure to have the Southerboy Connection of Ray Hammond,Joe "JC" Coots & Bob Walker on the hunt they are fine gentlemen,great archers & all are passionate about traditional archery,bowhunting & wildlife in general.New York was represented on the hunt by Alan (my bear hunting protege' ) and friend Eric who is hooked on Bear hunting in LaTuque and is already working on ideas to get more vacation time for 08' from his relatively new boss :-). " Uncle " Barry Wensel east coast native transplanted to worlds biggest food plot " Iowa " is working on his schedule already for JUNE 08'.Lloyd ROYBOY Busch my boss already signed on for next years bait pick up chores and bait trips,I am greatful to have a boss as cool as him.Can;t forget my Yankee bowhunting buddies Brain Vincent,Tippit & Steve " Balance " Tottingham who have penned in their JUNE 08' calenders already.ON recommendation from Barry I have made note of groceries we went through which by quessing & a bit of luck no one went hungry or thirsty.I have though increased the amount of Aunties Chocolate chip cookies,Oreo's & Resus's Peanut Butter Cups that will be comin along for next TRAD-GANG adventure...........over & out for now  T.Phillips
BISON GEAR PACKS
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=bison%20gear%20packs

TGMM Family of the Bow * PBS * P&Y
 * Massachusetts Bowhunters * NRA
 * Compton Traditional Bowhunters *
 * N.A.H.C. * N.Y.Bowhunters *
  * N.J.Bowhunters *

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #543 on: July 12, 2007, 01:38:00 PM »
Lloyd is a slackard, in my opinion...Eric isn't a computer-guy, so he has an excuse. RoyBoy, on the other hand, if he didn't tell me a story, DOES get on the puter so where is HIS story????????????

:bigsmyl:

He must tell the story before we can allow him to come down for the hog/deer hunt!
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #544 on: July 12, 2007, 01:57:00 PM »
No way dude,thank you all for haveing me.Tom No Neck Phillips,hardest working best bear guide ever.No neck?look at the pic.Alan photoman Sheldon a.k.a Jr he's the kid you would want your own son to be molded from.Hard working boy right there.Like I said you gonna hang with Jr all day,you better be ready to carry his lunch.Lloyd (tallman roy boy) Busch Ice,big drink of water there lady's.I had to run to keep up with him while we were baiting,it was like chaseing my old man through the woods.Thank you all for haveing me along.You guy's all busted your butt's to show the rest of us the best time ever.And a big ol" thanks To Doctor Jeff Springer of Ma.doctor of VD.He's a cut above the rest in my book and a special thanks to him.He's always willing to do what ever it takes to help everyone out just to have fun.Pretty cool dude.And buy's only the best cuts of meat too,thanks Jeff,Tom,Lloyd and Jr. you all da man's this week.bd

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #545 on: July 12, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »
I'll second that,BOWDOC!!!!!
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #546 on: July 12, 2007, 03:25:00 PM »
Third it!!!  :)
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #547 on: July 13, 2007, 08:24:00 AM »
By way of a li'l humor, and to keep this up top till the slaggerts get to penning the "Rest of the Story" how about this Bowdoc quote????

Originally posted by the real bowdoc:
big ol" thanks To Doctor Jeff Springer of Ma.doctor of VD.
Doctor of VD??? Good heavens! That must be a new specialty up in the New England states?  :eek:    :rolleyes:    :scared:    :knothead:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #548 on: July 13, 2007, 08:44:00 AM »
I hope he meant DVM...

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #549 on: July 13, 2007, 09:59:00 AM »
Whooops I was thinking about what not to write and wrote it anyhow.I meant DVM not DVD.Man that would be a tough way to make a living huh????????????????? Sorry Doc,the other twin.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #550 on: July 13, 2007, 12:53:00 PM »
I had to write to Tippit to make sure he took my good-intentioned jibe the right way..just struck me funny at work sippin coffee...

I guess there prolly a need for a VD doc somewhere but...  :scared:  

Thanks to all of you for this wonderful tellin of tales..it's been sooo good to follow along.. Where's Paul Harvey??? We need the Rest of the STory!  :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Hood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #551 on: July 14, 2007, 07:10:00 PM »
Still waiting for more!!!

Did Barry take a bear?

Is someone going to put some video on the net?

Thanks again for sharing! Robert
All the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players.
Performers and portrayers, each another's audience.

Offline Miss Kim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #552 on: July 14, 2007, 08:14:00 PM »
JC is out hog hunting this weekend. Pulled the wool over my eyes with the whole "going through bear withdrawals." He and Ray "boom boom" Hammond cooked that one up together. The two of them are terrible when they get together. Never saw it coming.....  :saywhat:  

There should be plenty of guys to fill in the gaps....where are you boys?

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #553 on: July 14, 2007, 10:55:00 PM »
Miss Kim: I know we've never met but I just wanted you to know JC speaks very highly of you when you're not around. In fact, I tried my best to get him to go on another hunt with me some time and he said, " No... I'd miss my wife too much". Just thought you'd like to know. bw

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #554 on: July 15, 2007, 09:03:00 AM »
That ai'nt what I heard him say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bd

Offline Miss Kim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #555 on: July 15, 2007, 02:43:00 PM »
:bigsmyl:  Barry he must have been happy with me when he spoke to you....
BowDoc when he spoke to you I must have just gotten another horse, dog or cat.....Or just spent a bunch of money on one of the above...  :jumper:

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #556 on: July 15, 2007, 06:03:00 PM »
Miss Kim,  Speakin' of horses, Molly's mare foaled last night around midnight.  Sure is nice having my daughter as an Equine vet!  Now I don't have to do that much and get to go back to bed  :thumbsup:  But I do get points for another hunt out of this.   Only problem, gotta use them right away...seems that points don't last long  :banghead:  Oh, it was a Thoroughbred colt...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Miss Kim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #557 on: July 15, 2007, 09:04:00 PM »
Congrats Doc. I am sure he is a fine one.
About the points system, you are correct. We work on the points system too....it works well for us! Although it seems that bad behavior decreases the value of your points and they do expire.    :rolleyes:   JC says he can "feel" my eye roll. Guess that's what happens after 16 years....

Offline L loyd Busch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #558 on: July 15, 2007, 09:18:00 PM »
hey guys its roy boy sorry for the long over due message i just wanted to complement everyone for all the great work and all the great stories and also each of the individuals that went on the hunt.  It has been fun to go away with the best bunch of guys and have the best time ever with people from near and far and the amazing part is three quarters of the people never met each other until we gathered to leave for canada. im excited about next years hunt and cant wait to see all of you again.  If I were to speak of each and every fun part of this trip it could possibly take days to type this many stories. all the effort i personally put into this hunt myself it was worth it to see the personal excitement of everyone involed. I cant wait until next near to do it all over agian. You guys are the best looking forward to 2008 and you will hear from me before then i promise

ROYBOY
LB MASS

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #559 on: July 15, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »
Hey, nice to finally hear from you ROYBOY! Your attitude, humor, and generous spirit were a huge part of what made this trip so successful and fun! I can't wait until next year as well!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    

Steve
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©