INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Quebec Bear Hunt--2 Bears Arrowed on Video--added pg 42!!  (Read 44255 times)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Quebec Bear Hunt--2 Bears Arrowed on Video--added pg 42!!
« Reply #560 on: July 16, 2007, 08:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by Barry Wensel:
Before this really gets going let me say I was the "mystery guest" that was previously referred to in this thread. It was pretty much a fluke I was able to get involved in this hunt. Right up front I'll say I've hunted all over the world and have never shared a campfire with a better group of guys. There was not a cull in the bunch. When you get a dozen or so guys from all walks of life together, there are sometimes personality clashes that stir things up to make it somewhat uncomfortable. This was NOT the case with this group. I've never hunted a camp with so many knowledgable bowhunters who shared such common ethics, morals and respect for each other. I tip my hat to all who were involved. Between the campsite, the food, the bear hunting, and comraderie, it was absolutely perfect. Just plain perfect! I feel bad everyone else was not able to attend. If you are even slightly considering attending next years hunt... don't hesitate for a second. This is what it's all about folks. Now I gotta go get a little sleep. THANK YOU all again! BW
Barry,

I've hunted with a lot of the guys that were in camp, and I'd have to agree.  What a nice post Sir!

Been out for a while, and just getting back to this thread.....and I'm gonna savor this one.   :campfire:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #561 on: July 16, 2007, 10:28:00 PM »
I finally got back on the computer to get caught up to date on this continuing saga.  It was driving me nuts to be out of touch and miss out on the story of the year.  But the good side of it is I now got to read page after page of the best of the best threads ever!  :readit:  
Thanks guys, for sharing and taking the time needed to tell this one right...   :thumbsup:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #562 on: July 16, 2007, 10:32:00 PM »
Great posts. Love reading them and hearing about the fun I missed.<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #563 on: July 17, 2007, 05:46:00 AM »
Definitely one of the best of the best!!

An awesome journey!   Thanx guys   :notworthy:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #564 on: July 17, 2007, 07:16:00 AM »
What a treat! Been away w w working for a month and found this on my return. Stayed up way too late last night and got up way to early to finish it. Sounds like a great hunt all around. JC that was some of the best huntin' writing I've read. Keep that flame going.

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #565 on: July 17, 2007, 07:25:00 AM »
Before this really gets going let me say I was the "mystery guest" that was previously referred to in this thread. It was pretty much a fluke I was able to get involved in this hunt. Right up front I'll say I've hunted all over the world and have never shared a campfire with a better group of guys. There was not a cull in the bunch. When you get a dozen or so guys from all walks of life together, there are sometimes personality clashes that stir things up to make it somewhat uncomfortable. This was NOT the case with this group. I've never hunted a camp with so many knowledgable bowhunters who shared such common ethics, morals and respect for each other. I tip my hat to all who were involved. Between the campsite, the food, the bear hunting, and comraderie, it was absolutely perfect. Just plain perfect! I feel bad everyone else was not able to attend. If you are even slightly considering attending next years hunt... don't hesitate for a second. This is what it's all about folks. Now I gotta go get a little sleep. THANK YOU all again! BW  
Terry just reposted this quote from Barry. I too have hunted annually with at least half this same bunch of guys. I couldn't have said it better myself. I look forward each day to sharing camp with them again. Gret hunt fella's! Glad you guys had a safe and propserous trip.  :thumbsup:   CK

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #566 on: July 17, 2007, 08:36:00 AM »
Good morning Trad Gangers,hope everyone is doing well today.I want to say Thank You,no I mean thank you all on Trad Gang for letting us share our hunt with you.This made the hunt just that much better.I must admit I am truely hummbled.Thank you all,bowdoc

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #567 on: July 17, 2007, 09:14:00 AM »
Don  I knew you were a great guy when we did business together a while back.This trip was great for all of you and for us to be able to share it with the bunch.Maybe now you will visit more often b/c all of us here are pretty much like the great bunch you went with.I still haven't forgiven you for my Howatt Hunter you repaired don't want to use it b/c it looks to good to scratch up in the woods.Take care Kip

Offline huntsmanlance

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #568 on: July 17, 2007, 03:20:00 PM »
Guys am i am just missing where the videos are somewhere? or have they not had a chance to post them yet?

Would love to see them after this story!!!  :thumbsup:
St. Huberts Rangers
Mudd's Merry Men

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #569 on: July 17, 2007, 07:56:00 PM »
Ah.....on page 21.....savoring like I said.

This is GREAT stuff guys!!!!   :campfire:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #570 on: July 17, 2007, 08:56:00 PM »
huntsmanlance,  I just sent DVDs of Tom's & my shots with Woody's stone points to JC.  I'm sure they will be up soon...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #571 on: July 17, 2007, 08:59:00 PM »
Jeff or Tom, Are you filled up for next year yet?
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #572 on: July 17, 2007, 09:08:00 PM »
I think there are still openings with 2 camps planned.  Maybe some different mystery guests...you never know what's going to happen.  I can assure you though...there will be bears at the party...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #573 on: July 17, 2007, 09:52:00 PM »
Different mystery guests???? Does this mean I got bumped? Oh yeah... you said "maybe". bw

Offline nyhunter73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #574 on: July 17, 2007, 11:09:00 PM »
Hi Gang,
I was going to wait for JC to post some video, but since he was too busy chasing bacon with Ray this weekend, I'll tell the story. I'm not the author that JC is but here goes.

Saturday after the long drive and spending the day baiting and picking out stands for Barry, Bob, and Ray, we all decided to skip the afternoon hunt and relax back at camp. With the shortage of time I decided to skip baiting my stand and bait it Sunday.

Sunday Barry, Bob, Ray, And I went to bait again and fine tune their stands. Again I decided to skip baiting my stand and was going bait when I went in to hunt. That afternoon I dropped Ray off and did the 2 men in and 1 out strategy that seems to be very effective. When I arrived at my bait for the first time since the week before I was disappointed to see that all the bait was gone. I didn't know how long the bait had been gone and was worried if the bears had given up on waiting for a refill. I rebaited and climbed into the stand for a peaceful but uneventful night.
Until I went to pick up Ray. But you already know that story.

Monday we baited again and my stand had not been hit so I decided to hunt the stand that Curveman shot his bear because there were still multiple bears hitting the bait. That night I had plenty of action starting with a smallish bear wearing a beautiful thick coat. Tempting, yes, but another bigger bear was lurking in the shadows. Until this little bear decides he didn't like him and chased him off. Then came back to fill up on sweets. It wasn't until he was full that he left and the other came back for his share of cupcakes. This bear was a decent bear but after seeing Erics 190something pounder already in the freezer and a TIPPIT knife on the line I decided to wait for a money bear. He stayed around most of the night a posed nicely for several photos. Right before light started to fade he left and made room for what seemed to be a bigger bear and with a perfect coat. But with the low light and my beginner rank of traditional archer. I did not feel comfortable taking the shot. Besides it was still early in the week, so I just sat and enjoyed the show.

Best parts still to come,
Allen

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #575 on: July 18, 2007, 06:43:00 AM »
Barry,
Just gotta keep 'em guessing   :bigsmyl:  Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #576 on: July 18, 2007, 08:22:00 AM »
Hey Doc,

You guys should invite that little short guy! Having him and Barry in camp at same time would be worth the addmission just to hear the two of them go at each other.
hunt it

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #577 on: July 18, 2007, 10:19:00 PM »
Where are the videos???? Inquiring minds are impatient.  :bigsmyl:
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline kojac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #578 on: July 19, 2007, 01:55:00 AM »
WOW!!

I've been gone awhile and look whats happened, I'm on page 20 w/only 19pgs left and its almost midnight.

this is a hunt I would love to par-take in next. Great job guys, these stories are great!!

thanks to all,
Brian

"Hunting...is about the Sights, Sounds, Smells, and  the Hunted...All the hunter has to do is show up"

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #579 on: July 19, 2007, 06:13:00 AM »
Ray,  
A set of the video/DVD you took of me and the one I took of Tom were sent to JC last week for him to edit onto Tradgang.

I'm mailing out those sets to everyone from the hunt today...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©