INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Quebec Bear Hunt--2 Bears Arrowed on Video--added pg 42!!  (Read 44159 times)

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Quebec Bear Hunt--2 Bears Arrowed on Video--added pg 42!!
« Reply #600 on: July 19, 2007, 03:24:00 PM »
LOL!  Too cool.  I've never heard a bear cub before.  That must have been neat..once it was safely all over.   :D

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #601 on: July 19, 2007, 03:31:00 PM »
More video to come, but I interrupt this show for a picture of Big Bob's winning for tagging the Biggest Barr!  Just finished it so maybe Bob will see it when he gets done playing with Vance  :D  Doc

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #602 on: July 19, 2007, 03:32:00 PM »
wow!!way cool jc that is awesome  :notworthy:    :archer:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #603 on: July 19, 2007, 03:34:00 PM »
hey doc if he dont want his knife i will have it as he has plenty of mine LOL!!!! that is one fine looking knife to good for brother bob.  :biglaugh:    :jumper:

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #604 on: July 19, 2007, 03:35:00 PM »
Oooooooooo, aaaaaaaaaaaah! Love it Jeff!
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #605 on: July 19, 2007, 03:39:00 PM »
JC,  So sorry to hear about the Horse/Car Mishap.  Sure glad all the critters are OK...including driving critters!  Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #606 on: July 19, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »
Wow! Where was Mama during all of this?????  :scared:
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline nyhunter73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #607 on: July 19, 2007, 03:57:00 PM »
The first clip JC posted was the bear that I did the photo shoot with monday. No arrows flying.
Back to the story.

Tuesday while checking baits I noticed the action picking up on my original stand and decided to hunt it. JC decided it was time for a change and I dropped him of at Ray's stand which was still seeing alot of activity. Did the 2 men in and 1 out again and you already know what happened there. On to my stand. It wasn't long before I had a real nice bear with a perfect coat came in. But being real spooky he stopped just shy of the barrel and back out. About 45 min. later I here a twig snap turn to see a bear under my stand to the right. It looked just like the one I had seen earlier but a little bigger. Here I thought I would have a beautiful rug and possibly TIPPIT knife to take home. No, about 30 seconds behind her were triplets. So I hang the bow up and decide to try another photo shoot but with video still rolling. As I am taking pictures something spooks the cubs and they scatter. One decides to come visit me and climbs the tree just inches from the corner of my stand. flying right by me and the rolling video. I have never been so nervous in my life. All I could think of was the saying "Never get between mama and her cubs". I did not want to get down with mama wondering around below my stand and baby above me. I didn't think the cub would come down when he realized I was there. I had no idea what to do. So I figured that I would just sit tight and hope that a big boar would come in and chase mama off long enough for me to make a run for it. I also figured I would take the video camera off the tree pod and if I did get mauled I could record it so everyone  would know what happen when they found the camera. Kind of like the grizzlyman video. Atleast you would here me screaming like a girl.
As I sat and watched mama I noticed that she did not seem aggressive at all. Just pacing and calling to the cubs. The other two cubs came down and met up with mom and the one next to me really wanted to come down but wasn't sure if it should.
Finally he decided Him or I had to go first and since I wasn't moving he was going to give it a try. Watching me the whole time he slowly came down and vocally too. He actually hung from my bow hook for a second and stopped to sniff my pack as he passed me at about 12 inches. And I got it all on video. What a relief it was to see him hit the ground and meet up with mama and siblings 20 yards behind my stand. Mama was still hungry so she came back in to eat. As it was gettng dark mama wondered back to where the cubs were and I decided to get out while I could. The family was still close by and as I was walking up the trail mama started to get more aggressive. She started woofing and popping her teeth and even false charging three times at about 10-12 yards. She paralleled me all the way to my truck and was still woofing as I was putting stuff in the truck. What a night.

Here is a picture I snapped at the cub was running by me.

Still more to come.
Allen

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #608 on: July 19, 2007, 03:59:00 PM »
Glad to hear the drivers and the horse are OK! Whew don't need excitement like that going on.

Now can you say BEAR BREATH  :jumper:

Jeff that just maybe to nice for Border Bob,and I'd hate to see that fall into the wrongs hands south of the border. I'd gladly be a great friend and store that for him  :D  

Brent

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #609 on: July 19, 2007, 04:20:00 PM »
Dag gone...I'm gonna need some Anusol after watchin them. Thanks for fixing up the .tag for them cause they play fine now, JC.  

What a pucker factor indeed... I cannot imagine what it would be like to actually be in that spot between momma and cub. "Crikey" as our downunder departed brother would say.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #610 on: July 19, 2007, 04:57:00 PM »
WOW!,, Man what an adventure that is,,Glad your ok,,
TGMM

Offline nyhunter73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #611 on: July 19, 2007, 05:00:00 PM »
Wednsday it rained pretty hard so we all skipped the afternoon hunt and hung out at camp.

Thursday I went back to my stand hoping to see the big bear I got a trail cam photo of or the first bear I had seen on tuesday. I was there a while before I had a smaller bear with another perfect coat come down the trail I came in on.

I watched him for a while and he left.
Within minutes I here a bunch off noise coming down the hill. I'm thinking it's a herd of moose but look up to see mom and children again. They came in like they own the place and I'm thinking not again. Well after about 5 min. of cubs wrestling and playing they must not have been impressed with my video skills because they deside to do Take 2. They scatter and up the tree one comes. This time I already have the video camera in my hand from videoing the first bear and got the cub going all the way up the tree as best I could being so close. This time mom stays closer and starts popping her teeth. I am still nervous but not as bad as the first time. Within seconds the mother settles down and grabs the barrel with her teeth and pulls it out of the crib. Then sticks her head in and starts eating like nothing ever happened. I videoed the other two cubs and mama for a while until my buddy decides to start coming down the tree. Clip #2 that JC posted is of what is happening now. The cub tips his head back and sniffs my bow on the hook and then looks right in the camera. At this point he is less than 8 inches from the camera. With the bear this close I think of the question Tom asked when I was telling the story two nights earlier.
"Did you try to touch him?" Being a little more relaxed this time I had to try. In that clip after he looks in the camera upside down, You will see the camera go to the right a little. That is because I wasn't paying attention to the camera anymore. I was reaching for the cub. I had just brushed his fur when he jumps to to back side of the tree and looks at me. I wish I could have grabbed some fur to take home. The clip that JC posted ended just as he jumps to the back of the tree. Then he climbs back up a couple feet not knowing what to do. At one point as he is looking down toward mama I sniffed and he looked at me real quick with a surprised look on his face that made me laugh. That was too much for him to handle and he went back up the tree. As he was up there I could see he did not want to come back down by me. He kept trying to find another tree he could jump to but with no luck. Finally he came down but never coming to my side of the tree. When he got down this time they all left together. Yet another exciting night in the canadian bear woods.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #612 on: July 19, 2007, 06:43:00 PM »
:scared:    :scared:    :scared:    :scared:    :scared:    :scared:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #613 on: July 19, 2007, 08:46:00 PM »
wow!!!! i dont think i would have liked to sheared my tree with a bear  :scared:  no sir

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #614 on: July 19, 2007, 10:14:00 PM »
NY, that is my favorite story of the trip!

I took my bear from that stand last year and that is a very low stand to have Mama bear right below with a cub above!!! Allen (NY) you tell it with such humor but I think you showed real courage to keep filming like that!     :notworthy:      :notworthy:      :notworthy:      Don't worry though, had the worst happened we would've dubbed out the "girlie screams" and added in some of Uncle Barry's snoring to make it sound like you went out like the ferocious beast you are!    :biglaugh:
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #615 on: July 19, 2007, 10:35:00 PM »
Uncle Barry's snoring would have   :scared:  old mom away.  Come to think of it...better than pepper spray  :thumbsup:  Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline kctreeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #616 on: July 19, 2007, 11:36:00 PM »
Great work guys.   Keep it comming.  JC, glad everything is working out.

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #617 on: July 20, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »
:campfire:    :archer:    :coffee:
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #618 on: July 20, 2007, 04:08:00 PM »
keep it coming boys keep it coming.  :coffee:    :coffee:    :coffee:  i was just looking at another story and the same thing dang story tellers they dont want to tell it all.  :biglaugh:

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #619 on: July 20, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »
Just saw the footage!!!!!!!!!  Incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Pucker factor indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jake
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©