INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Kansas 2008 semi-live hunt - Friday morning I finally did it (page 4 pictures) :)  (Read 6489 times)

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Way to go Brad.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
Sounds like you are having a hoot

Jer Bear

Offline Bryan pinick

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
Great Job Brad!! Congrats.  :clapper:

Offline Fritz

• Trad Bowhunter
Glad to see your hard work and patience paid off. Congrats!!!  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
God is good, all the time!!!

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Real nice deer and fine hunt. Not all hunts are measured by inch scores. Sounds like you might have to upgrade to a larger memory chip, lots of good ones from this season.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
congrats!!      :clapper:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Widowbender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
:thumbsup:     :thumbsup:

David
David

>>>>--TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow-->

Chatham County Chapter NWTF
Chapel Hill Friends of NRA

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Brad thanks for sharing your hunt with us.  What an awesome hunt you had. You know those other bucks may have been bigger, but no way did they have more character.  That is one cool looking buck. No doubt he will remind you of this very special hunt.    :archer:
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline Steve Leffler

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats!  :clapper:

Offline Missouri Sherpa

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
That is a hunt anyone would love to do.  Plenty of game, with your friends, meat on the pole.  You can't ask for much more.

Offline BradLantz

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks everyone

Missouri Sherpa - Since I started traditional archery I've contended that P&Y score of a rack does not often correlate to the quality of the hunt. I had a terrific hunt from day one moment one all the way through to the end, high's, low's, frustrations and elation in the end.

I've battled with shooting traditional, not the "shooting" part of it, the killing animals part and this buck will be one of my all time favorite trophies because of the whole hunting experience.

I had a long detoured route home, drove an extra 100 miles, watched my wife finish 2nd overall women's in a 5K and happy to be home.

I have deer to process tomorrow  :)

Offline mike hall

• Trad Bowhunter
:thumbsup:    :D  
Congrats Brad thanks for the good read.

Offline BradLantz

• Trad Bowhunter
I learned a few things on this hunt. You're suppose to on every hunt, right ?

I had a hoody thing that helped keep my head warm on cold mornings. That and my balaclava ... keeping my head warm was very important to staying in the stand on windy, cold mornings.

I took a thermos of hot tea this year. That helped if i got the shivers.

680 grains total arrow weight blew through a +/- 200 pound Kansas deer. I've never shot that heavy, and I've never had a pass through. Coincidence ? Likely not  :)

Therma-seat's will be on every stand I have next year.

The most important thing I learned is I CAN stay on a stand almost all day, and had I not been there at 11:20 am I'd not have had the rare pleasure to see a Boone and Crockett type buck at 12-14 yards.

next year, it will be drop Brad off at 6:30 am, pick Brad up at 6:30 pm and unless you get a text message from him in between, he's hunting  :)

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
Great story!! congratulations!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©