INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: OH NO......IT'S SNOWING/TradGanger adventures and the hunt for old Crooked Horn.  (Read 17761 times)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Dandy Andy....one of the best Labs I've ever been around. Though spoiled rotten by Vance, he's one loving welcoming party for the daily returning hunter.

And the parting shot.....that's no 3-D lope buck....

Later guys.....I'm whooped, see ya in the morn ....   :coffee:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
Great stories and pic's   :thumbsup:

Terry and Rob sounds like had a great hunt!

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
Oh common' Rob, I'm ready for a well earned victory! Bring it!   :D  CK

Offline just_a_hunter

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
I've come to expect no less then absolutely wonderfull from this crowd.

Thanks for sharing,

Todd
"Before you get down on yourself  because you don't have the things you want, think of all the things you DON'T want that you don't have."

You'll notice the "luckiest" elk hunters have worn out boots.

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
At this point in my life the butchering of game is just part of the hunt. I’ve never had a bad piece of venison from my own kills and I like to keep my record going so I don’t let other people process my game.

I always know what I’ve got.
In short order I had it packaged, labeled and frozen.

The following days went by much too quickly. Terry headed to the hills for deer

and Rob focused his attention on the lower ground where the antelope play. Brent and I worked our various plots and strategies to little avail, but had a heck of a time doing it.

Many long waits and some blown stalks were behind us as it drew time for Terry and Rob to leave the sage and pine scented hills of Wyoming.

My buddy Brent is ever ready to get video footage or snap a good photo. Well, he a chance at fame and glory but blew it. Of course it’s not like we’re Will Primos or Knight and Hale, or something.

We were out bouncing over hill and dale when we stopped to check an old pond for sign.  Having found the waterhole fit for an ambush plan we cast about for an ideal hiding spot.

I don’t remember who saw it first, but what we ran across had to be one of the unluckiest critters on earth.

What must have been the last ground squirrel above ground for the season, was standing up looking us over from about twenty five yards.
Brent whispered for me to get a little closer and wait for him to get the camera going.

I took a step closer to the squirrel and in front of Brent as he scrambled to get his little video running.

Soon the camera was set and I double checked to see when he wanted me to shoot.  “Now! I’m ready”, he whispered back.
A ground squirrel at twenty five yards is a pretty small target.  Only two inches wide and a little over four inches tall the brave little guy stood stoically, looking us over.

I drew the carbon shaft to anchor smoothly and held a second as my alignment and back tension settled in. “Thunk….. WHOP!!  The judo tipped arrow lifted the squirrel from the mouth of his den and deposited him in the nearby sage. A perfect shot through the ribs.

Elation over the coming together of bow and camera quickly faded to dejection when Brent realized that in his excitement he’d forgotten to push the record button on the camera.

I tried to be a good sport about it and let Brent know that I wouldn’t remind him of his mistake.... of course I had my fingers crossed.

We shot a few still photos and went about our business.

(Cont. Monday)
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
Man oh man....I can't wait to read this one. Sure sorry I missed it brothers, looking forward to catching up.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
Ok time to chime  :D  and jog Charlies memory. I seen the furry little critter as he is getting his gear out of the truck. I finally get his attention, and its show time  :knothead:  Charlie pulls a perfect shot as expected, but da camera man has forgot to hit record.   :mad:  Charlie makes it half way over to his prize, and I realize the error of my ways   :banghead:  AAHH Next time!!!! I hope!!!!

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
Charlie and I have had more than one squirrel adventure though. A few days ago I think    :eek:   as I have been here for two weeks and two days    :rolleyes:   and I have no idea where those days went! We took us a little road trip over to the Wind River Range. Stopped at a nice over look for some Pic's. And this chipmunk thought we where tourist's!    :jumper:  

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
:clapper:     :biglaugh:

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
great stuff guys! looks like you had a blast   :clapper:
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
well this is the best story i have heard so far  :biglaugh:    :jumper:    :jumper:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
Stay Tuned.."RED SAGE" in the morning ?  

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
Oh yeah,   :wavey:  

Tracy  :coffee:
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
That is the cutest thing I think I ever seen....that made my day Brent! wonderful thread Mr. Wyoming!  Can't wait to meet you someday   :campfire:

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
Shell ya have no idea of the softer side of Charlie. I thought we were going to bring the little guy home with us.     :readit:        :D  

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
OK.....fixing to catch up on the adventures....

Vance...I'm calling in a pick up for tomorrow!!!

BTW, also call me if you get a chance please sir!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Got stories to tell my friends, but have pressing business involving a sharp knife and a cape.

Either tonight or in the morning early.
  :readit:    :wavey:    :campfire:    :archer:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Go Charlie go! Thats the way to get the readers to pay attention

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©