INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: OH NO......IT'S SNOWING/TradGanger adventures and the hunt for old Crooked Horn.  (Read 17696 times)

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Charlie, don't rush the story but I do have to hit the road Friday morning.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Last evening while it was snowing I crossed paths with a big hump backed pigion toed Grizz, stalked 4 mulie bucks this morning for about 30 minutes and the wind busted me, and I had 2 does in bow range this evening.

Having lots of fun, and have got in a few maduros as well.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Problem Child

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by SirRobin77:
What is snow???
I think we call it "frost".......I think ???
"Right Wing Extremists"....has a nice ring to it don't it?

Offline Bob Walker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Shaun, I don't think you need to worry none, some, any at all 'bout Charlie rushing the story, LOL!!!!
Philippians 4:13

TGMM - Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
It's a lot easier to sit down and put up pics and stories when there aren't 4 other TradGangers runnin around with bows and arrows.

It's coming VERY soon.... promise, Shaun.

Here's another hint.  Skyler's knife is blooded and should be more so by end of hunt.
We'll do it up right for Chris Surtees.
    :thumbsup:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
You know I'm just teasin' Charlie. I will pull this thread back up and enjoy the whole tale when I get back unless you get a wild hair and post it all at once. I expect there may be lots of red snow this week. My mind is already in the Rockies and I can hear elk bugling from here.

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Charlie, Brent, Terry, and Vance,
They make us Montana Bowhunters wait until the first Saturday in September to start our deer and elk hunting and its got me chomping at the bit; I need a fix, let's get the tales a rollin.  

:campfire:
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline myshootinstinks

• Trad Bowhunter
Yep, Ran into big flakes Monday on I-80 between Evanston & Green River. It is invigorating!  The season here, time to hunt.
  :campfire:

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
Sounds like everyone is having a great time. Can not wait to hear the story and see some pics.   :campfire:    :coffee:

Glad Sky's cutter is being put to good use.

The cutter has been carried on some great hunts and still has plenty more ahead of it. If only it could tell stories.

CS

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
One question Chris....Just how bloody do you want this CUTTER?

You my friend have been blessed with this GREAT KNIFE. Seeing it on a post is one thing, to actually have it in yer PAW is yet another..Thanks for this opportunity BUD...........vance

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
What a day this one has been

Terry was all set to get up at 5AM coffee up and be at his tree stand at daylight. Leaving the blind setters and stalkers to rest an extra hour or so for they hit it. Well apparently the inner person in Terry had different ideas

The stalkers and Blind people WERE successful in getting him started though.

We have a wee bit over 10,000 private acres and 10 times that in State land to pursue the wily Pronghorn on. Today the onlyst person that even remotely had a chance was Rob"o", he at least drew tension on the string for a moment as he nocked an arra. The rest couldn't buy anything close enough to be recognized as an Ant-AH-Lopie.

Swing shift is still out, we may yet have something to say..........We HOPES

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
Vance,

Y'all use the knife as much as you can. If it were not for Don and Skyler keeping the knife, and sending it on these adventures, it would just be sitting in my storage shed until I return.

There are many more hunts ahead for the cutter and I am really looking forward to reading the stories.

I will finally get to handle the knife in September 09' when me and my Dad get to share a camp with Don, Sky, and Jed at Ray's place for a deer and hog hunt.

Thanks for adding some more Karma to the cutter.

Chris

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
Rob here, on Vance's login, how's this look? ....

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Rob,
It looks great but, it would be nice to read the story before I leave for my weekend elk hunt this afternoon.  However, I understand, you wouldn't find me giving up my limited hunting time telling stories over the internet either.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
...first blood?....story to follow?
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Danny Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
Move to the Ohio Valley and you'll learn about weather change real quick !

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
Rob and Vance- That looks like a story. Nice knife and that heart ain't no spare part. Sorry to press you guys but I can't hunt 'til Sunday and I need a fix, lol. Hunt hard guys, we need the stories.                  Grant

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
There are many stories to follow,  IF we could just get 1 of them to set down for a momenta and share with our faithful listeners  

They seem to have a GREATER interest in EATIN and HUNTIN than helping relieve your anxieties   :goldtooth:

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
looking good i look forward to the stories (and lots of pics) when your all done   :wavey:    :thumbsup:
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
I got a short visit with Vance & Charlie in yesterday mornin while they were getting filled up on coffee.

Charlie stopped in mid sentence, then said he was lookin at three bucks. Was nice to hear the predator in his voice again  :thumbsup:  

Plenty of time for the tales later, sic em boys  :D

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©