3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ABOUT MOJAM  (Read 317 times)

Offline blacktailchaser

• Trad Bowhunter
ABOUT MOJAM
« on: January 11, 2008, 10:35:00 PM »
i want to say first if i got the name wrong i am really sorry...i want to know about the bowyers gathering back east...what i want to know is how it is put together..i am think about one for out west here in oregon.so,i need ALL THE INFO.what people like dont like.venders,how do you do food.camping...what do you do with all those shaving...how long is it and such...and what does mojam mean...and did it start out with a small group of people..any how.any info would be great..thanks for your time.john

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: ABOUT MOJAM
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 10:50:00 PM »
MOJam is the Missouri Ozarks Selfbow Jamboree held in Marshall MO.  A generous man named Keith Bishop offerd to host the first to get a bunch of us cyber bowyers together back in 1999.  It is generally the 3rd weekend or so of July.  Here is a website I put together of the first one:    MOJam I  

Here the official website for last year's:    MOJam 2007  

Contact Keith.  He goes by MOBow here.
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 11:00:00 PM »
Try a search on MOJAM. Mosouri Jamboree is a free weekend function hosted by the local archery club in the small town of Marshall, MO. This will be the tenth aniversary event. Started as a gathing of internet friends who wanted to share self bow building knowledge. They limit vendors, sell some food and have a fundraising clout shoot to pay some of their costs.

I have attended several smaller versions put on by individuals who pass the hat to help pay for porta potties, pavillion rental, trash hauling, etc. Do a search on "Bradjam" and you'll see a typical small scale bow building gathering.

Ted Fry (Raptor Archery - TG Sponsor) out there would be a good resource for helping get one going in your area.

Offline ks_stickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 11:17:00 PM »

Offline blacktailchaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 10:11:00 AM »
thanks so much guys for the info.it will be a big help.later john

Offline Bob Barnes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 12:34:00 PM »
there are a bunch of the mojam regulars that come from the west coast every year.  They have started having monthly gatherings I think...somewhere in California...seems like Tim Baker has made it to lots of them.  Sal and John are 2 that would know for sure...
Bob
"Hello, My name is Bob and I'm a BowAholic"

Offline Scooby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 10:41:00 PM »
Hey I know those kids in that video of ks_stickbow's.  Wow has it been three years?  my kids don't look like that anymore.

Scott

Offline gifford, MO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 07:28:00 AM »
John - thanks for the trip down memory lane with the links to the first MoJAM. For some reason I thought it was 1998; no matter good times then, now, and in the future.

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 11:08:00 AM »
Besides all that, it's just plain FUN!!!!
Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 12:15:00 PM »
Reservations have been made and Mark Baker and myself will once again make the 24 hour drive from Montana.  We plan on taking my F-250 to haul a lot of Osage back so everybody who is Osage rich make sure you bring some extra for trading.  My Truck is a crew cab so if anybody wants to tag along let me know (Calvin, I know you want to make another extended road trip).
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline brettlandon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 01:29:00 PM »
Last year was my first and was it great!  I heard that it began because of an internet argument about whether osage or "white" wood bows were best.  Was I misinformed?  Have I bought into the latest self-bow urban legend?  MOBow help me out here.
Excellence is achieved, not purchased.

Offline hickstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 01:29:00 PM »
chaser....missouri is hardly 'back east' :-)

think I put something like 1000 miles on the truck driving west in '01
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 04:28:00 PM »
Brett, that's kinda close  :)
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Madpigslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 06:34:00 PM »
It was cool seeing that video, I too remember those kids! good times...Walt I would love to go, I think it will conflict with my family reunion though, will have to compare dates. My mom is still mad at me cause I wanted to go to the Calgary Stampede instead of the reunion. They have them every 5 years and I missed the last 2. (reunions) July is busy month dagnabit.  :)

I think I recongnize almost every name on this thread...so far...haha.
...gosh this is hard.

Hailey (5) 3 minutes into a pilates workout

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 07:19:00 PM »
What and miss our family reunion?? Come on Calvin it's the tenth, ya gotta come.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline Mrs Stickman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 08:01:00 PM »
Thinkin about putting together a 10th Anniversary baseball style hat to sell at MOJAM. We want to donate the proceeds back to the club for next years festivities.  The great folks there told us last year that we are welcome to do it.     What do you guys think?  Is it something you would like to see or have?  Any suggestions?  :help:
"Brown dogs make the best BOWCHERY dogs"

Offline Minuteman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 08:25:00 PM »
I ain't goin but I'd buy a hat if I was given the opportunity. Been to a few of 'em.
  Got shot in the ass by some kid with a bow nicer than mine. I WILL NOT camp anywhere near the range if i do attend again.
There sure is alot of air around a squirrel...eeyup.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©