INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bear hunt along! Warning: explicite photos of bait -w pics and vid THE FINALLE!!  (Read 19030 times)

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
SWEET!

That is a pretty cinnamon...just think how nice he will be when you draw your next tag...

If you are still hunting   :saywhat:  you may want to chop a blaze or tie a ribbon at the height of a 55gal drum by your bait.  That is one of the ways they judge the right size in Canada, eh.

Looking forward to this!

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
Great picture story, keep it up and good luck!!!!!!!   :campfire:
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Ain't it fun sittin' up there watchin' those clowns!  Where we hunt in Quebec we only see blacks.  I think I'd fall out of the tree if I saw a cinnamon bear.  Great story...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
That bear may be small, but he's absolutely beautiful. Good luck with the rest of the hunt.

Offline Widowbender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Great Story!!! keep it coming....

David
David

>>>>--TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow-->

Chatham County Chapter NWTF
Chapel Hill Friends of NRA

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
Here's what's real crazy. I have at least four mabey five bears on this bait. Not one black! Two chocolate, two cinnamon, and a blonde. And yes it's a ball watching these! I hope to have pics off the trail camera in a day or two.
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Just put in for a Fall Bear Permit here, now ya got me all fired up!!  You're right though, baiting is a lot of hard work.
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
So, i will tell you about Fri. I went up in the morning and found the bait cleaned again. I made two trips with a lot of bait. I filled the crib. Nathan was to meet me at 2 and showed up right on time. We headed up to the bait, hung his stand, did a burn or three, then as we were winding down the last burn, a houndsman with dogs came right through my bait. This was totally accidental, as it's illegal to run off of baits here in UT. He apologized as soon as he saw me, told me he would inform other houndsmen not to run this canyon, all the while trying to move his dogs down the canyon. It goes to show that there are classy guys everywhere. He was very polite and wished me luck. Nathan ans I got into the stands and waited.
At around 6:30-7 I saw legs moving through the timber, whispered to Nathan, "bear", and grabbed my bow.
At this time I should tell you the temps were in the low 40's. We were cold. As the bear emegered, it looked a little bigger than the other one, I was going to try to shoot this bear, one problem. I was shaking so bad that I thought I was going to fall out of the tree. The bear had a blackish belly and legs, and an auburn reddish back. It was a beautiful bear. It got to within forty yards, then turned and walked back up the mountain. I couldn't figure out what happened. The wind was right. Oh well, got to see another one! I looked at Nate with a huge grin and it was like looking in the mirror. I turned back, and there was "Blondie" forty yards away looking down at me from across the canyon. By now I was not shaking so bad, and thought to myself," when this bear comes in, take it!" This bear stuck around, between 30-40 yards for about ten minutes. It would start to leave then turn as the sweet smell of food would entice it back. Then turn to laeve again. It finally crossed where the dogs had come through and blew out of there like the devil himself was on it's tail. When Nathan and I got back to the truck, we discussed that we thought it was the dogs scent that had spooked those bears, but we weren't confident. We would find out on Sat. night if our theory was correct.
No pics from that night, I was really wanting to shoot a bear. But I found a way to rig my camera for SAt. So whan the video downloads, I will continue. Unfortunately, it might not be til Wed. night or FRi. So "bear" with me. Pun intended.
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline MYSTIKBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
Man what I would give to see a cinnamon or a blondie in the wild!!   I'm drooling all over the keyboard. LOL
Maybe one day after the kids are all done with college I'll put in for a nonresidence tag some place.
I reckon so

Offline flatlander37

• Trad Bowhunter
Real cool.  Love to see what happens next!
"Better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"-Abe Lincoln

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
Great story and awesome pic's. Thanks for sharing your hunt! Best of luck to you.

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
This is a great story! I can't wait until Fri.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline bowdude

• Trad Bowhunter
Great stuff.  Have a good time!

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
Awesome stuff man!  Thanks for bringing us along for the journey.
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Online Harmless

• Trad Bowhunter
Great story and great pic's, cant wait for the rest !!
Hoots custom, lil Hoot
Blackwidow PSA111
Dwyer Dauntless
and a whole bunch of Bears

>>-Shoot Straight-->

Offline Stripstrike1

• Trad Bowhunter
I am not bear hunting this year.....This is the next best thing....THANKS.
"I wish someone would have introduced me to this sport 20 years ago."

Offline Nate Fikkert

• Trad Bowhunter
What happens next? :~)

Nathan

Offline Chuck Mullaley

• Trad Bowhunter
Great story!  Waiting for the next installment!
"I hate rude behavior in a man...I won't tolerate it."  Capt. Woodrow F. Call

Offline Conner Parry

• Trad Bowhunter
Ryan, you are the man. i have hunted bears over baits in Alaska and you are right, it is a blast. sounds like you are on the right track witht he baits and looking for a bruin. best of luck to you my friend.
Shoot Straight

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Excellent job Ryan!! Really enjoyin this!
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©