INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bear hunt along! Warning: explicite photos of bait -w pics and vid THE FINALLE!!  (Read 18969 times)

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats.  Great story with the highs and lows.  A well earned bear.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
WOOOHOOO!!! Very nice!
Lon Scott

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
I swear I was there tracking with you! Thanks!!  :notworthy:

Offline mp

• Trad Bowhunter
wow!  Congrats!!!
"let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith"
— Hebrews 12:1-2

Offline Tyler2045

• Trad Bowhunter
Great bear, congrats
Bear Kodiak Magnum 44# Amo 52"

42@28 Take-down. Black Creek Bows, Banshee. 60' AMO

Nay, in all things we are more than conquerors though Him that loved us. Romans 8:37

Online South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Ryan, Just let me say this was a great read and "tag along" you don't know how much time you cost me waiting for the next story line  :) . And what a way to end it with a great bear and a inner story on determination and "Stick too Itness". You have show us a great example of what happens when you work hard at a goal, you achieve it! Thanks
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
Attaboy  :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
Way to stick with him!
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Offline KYArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Good job, congrats! Thanks for taking us along, its been a Great Thread. I've really enjoyed it.
                              KY  :archer:

Online wislnwings

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Conrgats on your bear and thanks for taking us along.

Offline Bullhound

• Trad Bowhunter
Now that was a show!  Wow, I'm wore out!

:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
get close & shoot straight ----->

Offline HACKSAW

• Trad Bowhunter
It is a special moment when you control your emotions and make a shot on a bear. You have not only accomplished that but had us all holding our breath right along with you. Your recovery efforts and follow up are to be commended.
I believe you set an example for sportsmen and showed the rest the right way to do it.
Many congradulations.
Hacksaw
" IN THE SPRING I STRUT "
 " IN THE FALL I RUT "

Offline JDinPA

• Trad Bowhunter
Awesome job!!!!!Thanks for taking us along. [clapper]

Offline Nate Fikkert

• Trad Bowhunter
Great job Ryan.  You hunted hard and it payed off big.  I was glad to be a small part of it, thanks for letting us all tag along.

Nathan

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
This was awesome. . . what a dream hunt.  Way to stay with it. . . this is just amazing.
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
What an inspiration! Glad you stayed with the hunt and the bear! A big CONGRATS from here!!
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
Now that was a hunting story! Big congrats to you Brian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline Toklat1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Great hunt, great taking everyone along, that is awesome!  Gets everyone pumped for hunting season. Thank you for taking us along.  :D
Mark Griffin
USAF Retired
1981-2001

"When a Man comes to the mountains, He comes home." John Muir

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
WOW!! I am overwhelmed with the responses. It makes the extra effort of putting it on here very worth while. I feel extremely fortunate and blessed to have my hunt end this way.
To answer a couple questions: Blackstick,  use a Canon S3 IS. And yes I love it. It takes great still photos as well as the video.
Now for post mortem. My first shot hit the back leg at about the elbow and came out righht behind the pad. I screwed up and didn't take pics of all this. The second shot that I thought was money...wasn't. It hit the bear forward of where I thought. It hit him in the neck. Unfortunately for me it didn't hit the spine, windpipe or jugular. But it hit some vessels. So between that and the wound in the paw it left a great blood trail for a while. That's also how I was able to keep on it so long. The wound on the foot kept opening up. The final shot, was sweet. I don't remember drawing or releasing. I just remember picking the spot. He was quartering away, so I picked the off leg. Next thing I know my arrow is buried to the fletch in the exact spot. A shot I will never forget. That shot took out both lungs and some goodies above the heart.
My equipment for those who are interested, was:
my homemade longbow 66" 62#@29" (when I draw it that far LOL!!)   :biglaugh:  
Fir arrows with onestringers wraps, 3 5 1/2 white rw feathers
The first two shots had grizzly el grandes
The last had a wensel woodsman.
I'm not particular on which broadhead I shoot, as long as they fly good and are sharp!
 I would also like to thank Nate for coming down for a weekend, sacrificing his turkey hunt to help me with my bear hunt. Also Harden, he's a brother and keeps me going. And finally my wife, she supported me through the whole hunt without complaining once. She is a great woman, and I definitley couldn't have done this without her. I am a very lucky man. Again I can't thank you guys enough for the support. You were on the mountain with me pushing me along when i was down,and cheering when the final shot was fulfilled. Thanks again, til this fall when the mulies are in velvet and the elk start bugling. Good luck to everyone hunting this year, may the Good Lord bless you as he did me. Til then
>>>>--------->
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline heartshoth

• Trad Bowhunter
steadman

you have the heart of a champion...your kids are very lucky to have a dad like you...i have a dad like that, makes all the difference in the world...

heartshot
BLACK WIDOW PSR X 2
KEMPF QWYKSTYK  X 2
Zipper SXT

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©