INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Gobble,Gobble, Gobble!!!!!!!  (Read 8151 times)

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gobble,Gobble, Gobble!!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2008, 02:44:00 AM »
Joe, we are going to change the deadline for entry. You will now be able to register at the banquet itself.  Talk those other guys into it, will ya?  Side bets might be optional...

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2008, 06:51:00 AM »
Thanks Kevin but it would be futile. Those guys are such great turkey hunters they don't use calls. It's unbelievable. For 12 years I have been trying to figure out their secret. I'm still stumped. All I know is their bows make a hail of a lot of noise sometimes.I have made them mouth calls, pot calls , long boxes, short boxes..they have my whole collection...but they never use'em.....they have a secret weapon of something another.....
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2008, 06:56:00 AM »
Corn?  Turkey chow?  Maybe Krispie Kream Krumbs?

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2008, 07:27:00 AM »
They claim their hunting turkey rubs! They said Jene taught them that when the birds start to bugle and bloom in the fields , well they make rubs with their dew claws. All I know is I'm always eating their turkey tenders and hardly ever mine. Obviously there is a Florida law about turkey hunting feeders and rightfully so because it's a safety issue as well as ethical. Those 400# bears act plain nasty around those popcorn throwers.

Offline finger lakes bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2008, 07:53:00 AM »
The birds look very small.  Is that how they are in Fl? kinda like the deer are small bodied

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2008, 08:28:00 AM »
17-22# gobblers..12-14# Jakes..They are not Iowa weights but their smarter?!  :rolleyes:

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2008, 09:37:00 AM »
"...but their smarter?!"   You are still talking about the turkeys, right?

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2008, 10:48:00 AM »
I think they use rattling turkey feet.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2008, 01:42:00 PM »
OK guys enough abuse!

Marty and I have killed more birds together than most all of you yankees :-) Yes, there are some secrets we use and bait isn't one of them.
One year we had nothing but vultures hangin around our blind.

Marty, I got the coffee table fixed and the Girl Scout cookie lady just stopped by. WE'RE READY!
I just wish somebody made a bigger blind......
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline JohnV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »
Ratz...judging from the title of this thread I thought this was going to be an update of the twins stopping for the fish sandwich special at the Jack in the Box in Texas.  

Smarty and Biggie have killed some turkeys together in the blind.  Smarty has learned not to use a 4 letter curse word beginning with "s" and ending with "t" when missing a bird with his bow because Biggie mistakes it for "shoot" and then proceeds to give the gobbler a load of #6's right in the face.  Their favorite turkey call is to put some shell corn in a can and shake it real loud!
Proud Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2008, 08:16:00 PM »
Biggie, I have a new plan. We put 2 double bull's together, ya follow me so far?. In the blind that is in the rear(behind the killing field), we put the coolers, hibatchi, cot, and various supplies for the day. Maybe even the turkey fryer for a really fresh meal.You'll blow that special call of yours, the turkey will bugle as always, he'll come in and dance around, I'll miss with an arrow and you finish him off like before with the number 6"s. Joey will come back to the blind before daylight, asking which road his blind is on, and  we'll move it, so he can't find it as usual.
I sold all those calls he built me, so I could give him a deposit on a Swamp Rooter Bow, so I hope you kept one for blowin at the birds. I've seen 2 bearded hens this year while hog huntin, and I think we oughta take one of those to really get Joey's dander up!
Matt Schuster is in for a real treat, especially if Joey cooks one of those Boston Butt roasts for 14 hours like last year.The dogs wouldn't even eat it!Why would a guy from Mississippi cook something from Boston, hell they couldn't even close the deal in the Superbowl!
See you fella's next Friday.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2008, 08:41:00 PM »
Guys,post as much of this as you can...I'm really looking forward to it....and take it easy on Matt    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2008, 09:26:00 AM »
Well I guess Matt is snubbing us on the Woodson property to hunt with the "big" names. Just as well, there are no turkeys in Central Fla :-)

Good luck opening day guys. We start 2 weeks later in the Central Zone. The birds have been strutting for about a month here so things should be really good there right now.

Now I just need to find one of those calls that sound like a corn feeder....
DonD

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2008, 09:35:00 AM »
You guys are just too funny!!!!    :biglaugh:      :biglaugh:      :biglaugh:      :biglaugh:      :biglaugh:  

Have fun and do keep us posted!!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2008, 11:11:00 AM »
marty ask's " what does a guy from Mississippi know about cooking a Boston Roast"........about as much as a Pa. Yankee living in Jupiter Fl disguised as a weekend hog cowboy FRYING  catfish!..............I'm still not over your great great grandfather shooting at my great great aunt while she ran up Pickett's Charge..........and another thing Marty, please wear your manbrazeer if you continue to wear your shirt off. In case you haven't noticed, those rascals have dropped now, it's not fun looking at them anymore.

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2008, 11:25:00 AM »
Don, Whatya mean "big" names? the only thing "big" about us is our waist sizes. Joey's bein the biggest for his height.Good luck to you in the Central zone. They've been struttin around here for at least a month and there's a "cold" front movin in next week. We'll see how that affects 'em!

Joey, I didn't know you were lookin!And you had fun doin it!!

I'm off with Biggie and a guy from Michigan named Jerry Brumm to chase hogs this weekend, I'll be scoutin for Joey along the way. Somebody has to find a bird for him.

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2008, 04:55:00 PM »
Well I'm the Biggie of our camp and I cook a mean Boston Butt. Man, about a dozen hours on the smoker at about 175-200, pull, throw on some homemade apple cider vinegar BBQ sauce,cole slaw,turnip greens, a good corn pone mmm mmm. Now does anyone have that # to the sumo wrestling school in Hawaii? I'd be perfect if it wasn't for that dang diaper they wear.
DonD

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2008, 09:32:00 PM »
Joey,

Your "HomeMade Turkey Slam" Article is out in TBM this issue...that is just too cool!  Good luck to you guys.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2008, 09:21:00 PM »
Any word from these guys?
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2008, 10:17:00 PM »
Terry, We chased hogs this weekend while scoutin for the birds. Biggie gobbled a dozen doughnuts under a live oak tree, gettin ready for next weekend's opener. Jerry Brumm shot a previously healthy boar hog in the foot and had several opportunities on stalks, but we think he used too much scented sun screen on his face instead of camo paint.He kept gettin busted at long distances, but he didn't get sunburned! We heard and saw many of the elusive Osceola's and hopefully they'll be right where we left 'em for Saturday am. Joey arrives Friday in Orlando and will be driving down to Fisheating Creek that afternoon. We figure it to take him 6 Krispy Kremes from Orlando Airport.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©