INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Gobble,Gobble, Gobble!!!!!!!  (Read 8146 times)

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gobble,Gobble, Gobble!!!!!!!
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2008, 08:04:00 AM »
I'll be stopping by GatorDon's to get that Boston Butt and corn pone.!! I lost couple pounds this weekend while down in Empire,La. Tied into a bad crab..He won.
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2008, 09:03:00 AM »
Man Joey, you complained soooooo much about the pot roast, I'm gonna have blue crabs on Friday nite.Biggie said it's ok with him.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2008, 12:37:00 PM »
Marty Mc..I'm excited about the three mentally challenged gobblers you found for us this coming weekend. Hopefully if all goes well we will get another miss ...i mean shot this year. With 2 cameras running at same time, should be neat. But i'm warning you if you feed me a blue crab, we better cut trap door in the blind..I'm still tore up.

Thanks Steve O...it was a lot of fun writing and remembering all the fun i had pursuing my dream. Couldn't have done it without my friends letting me tagg along or following me to the unknown....i'm working on a followup story called "Walking behind Geronimo" about my Goulds Goobler that finished my Royal..awesome country down there.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2008, 01:02:00 PM »
Marty left off the part about HIS previously healthy boar hog........

Found a new Dunkin Donuts on the turnpike about two hours from camp so I'll be late ....I'm working on a heated cooler to keep the donuts hot.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2008, 02:15:00 PM »
Biggie, did you put my signs out again? How much of Schuster's gear are you going to have to carry? all of it probably

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2008, 04:19:00 PM »
Man you guys kill me. Joey, From OIA head east to Narcoosee Rd. Exit south go about 3 miles and the Dunkin Donuts is on the left. You'll also see about 4 big Osceolas behind the 7-11. I honk and make em gobble when I drive by.

Good luck to you guys this weekend. I'll be off to Ocala for the Traditional Bowhunter's of Florida shoot. Need to sharpen up my shooting skills so I can describe my misses in inches this year instead of feet. Also our buddy Jay Campbell is doing a program on how his wife Karen shoots a more manly bow than he does.
DonD

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2008, 04:55:00 PM »
GatorDon    Bass Pro?

TBF..man ole man that brings back memories and all great ones. Weatherman, Hatchet Jack, gary Gray, Damon and others....i saw Biggie clean out a Dairy Queen full of little leagers one night in Ocala.....hey one year we shot a target and a small black bear broke from the brush...

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2008, 06:27:00 PM »
I'm sure I'll see Ronnie and maybe Jack. I'll be thinking of you guys having fun in the woods while I eat my banana split
DonD

Offline bwhntrjsh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2008, 07:59:00 PM »
Sticks only
if u need help with controlling the turkeys B glad to help    :archer:

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2008, 08:41:00 PM »
Ben,  There is actually a very strong population of bears in many parts of Florida.  The population is actually well sustained in the places where they can get a break from traffic and development.

The pictures of bears and pigs under the same feeder is a first for me though.  Those are fair sized bears too.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2008, 08:46:00 AM »
Joebuck, You get over the crabs yet?

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2008, 10:17:00 AM »
Nineteen birds came through my backyard this morning. Tried to get the camera and hurry some shots..pics from my "cheap" digital...

"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2008, 07:07:00 PM »
Hey, what's that white stuff?? Joe I think something is wrong with your camera. I've only seen turkeys walking on green stuff.

What does an Osceola gobbler sound like when it's coming to your calls??  

Want to hear it again?
DonD

Offline Labs4me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2008, 07:41:00 PM »
Wow! Florida turkey are as big as our black bear.  :jumper:
"You must not only aim right, but draw the bow with all your might." - Henry David Thoreau (Before the advent of compound bows with 85% letoff)

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2008, 09:42:00 PM »
They wander through my backyard all the time. If I could have gotten the camera sooner, you would have seen them parading up my driveway! By the way, we got more snow today...Last week a flock of over 20 made their way across my front lawn and over to my moms house. They were really chatty today also..
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2008, 06:49:00 AM »

There are starting to bloom here in my back yard already....
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2008, 08:49:00 AM »
Gun Hunters 2,Bow hunters  0 for 5!!!!!The gobblers just wouldn't commit to the decoys OR the blinds scared 'em.Don't know which. Joey and I had several Gobblers (3) on Sunday am that went by at 40 yds and Sunday eve, 2 came in behind us and spooked at 30 yds. Joey had a tough shot thru the corner of the screen in the matrix and caught the screen where it was bunched up.Miss. We all experienced the birds kinda stayin out at the 30-40 yd line.
Joey and Matt Schuster forced Biggie and I to seperate this year, hence for the first opening weekend in many years, we didn't score.Besides that, we fought over the jelly doughnuts. Since we both couldn't take the package and that fella is too big to argue with, he won.  When his turkey came in, he had a tough time keeping his fingers on the string since they were covered in jelly and he only cut one feather off the bird.If I was with him, I woulda made sure he took paper towels to clean his hands before the shot.He's comin back on the 15th and we'll team up to take care of business.

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2008, 09:12:00 AM »
Well, 5 shot ops are better than none! Sounds like ya'll had a great time...though I'm sure it was all the rowdy laughter from inside the blinds that spooked em'...or maybe the smacking from partaking of the jelly donuts    :biglaugh:
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2008, 11:50:00 AM »
It was again a special time. We all had misses but none at decoy range (10yards and in). These Osceolas are defintiely the warest birds i have ever bowhunted in 15 years. But Marty kept it light and fun as always. I mean look at his pic below, how can a man not have a great time with a guy doing something like this all the time. I shot a gagger hog on a feeder stalk and we all ate way too much. ...2009 ...no decoy or blind!!!  hold me too it marty!

Marty Mc!( the third Wensel), doing what he does best....screwing off and making you laugh.

Old Gagger Boar...no teeth!!
Biggie, Schuster and Marty behind me

German Silver Flame 185 grain (2" wide)  shot through 2" shield 1 rib on a 2219 and 60# bow with 25 yard shot.

Offline matt schuster

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2008, 03:54:00 PM »
Guys, it was a whole lot of fun - although we had to use a broadhead file to get Marty and Joey apart.   Since Joey published that article in TB this month, Marty just followed him around like a lost puppy.   It was embarrassing.  Once Marty suggested they both get in the blind but just sit in one chair but Joey wouldn't go for it.  Just kidding Marty!  You were a great host as usual.  

And Don, are you inviting me - should I start packing now?   LOL - you'll have to cook some good vittles to compete with this weekend.  The Entennmans truck visited with cake, donuts, pies, right before we got there assuring that Biggie would always be first back to camp.  Marty would have tried to beat him back but that would have meant leaving Joey alone and we all know that wasn't gonna happen!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©