INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Gobble,Gobble, Gobble!!!!!!!  (Read 8148 times)

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gobble,Gobble, Gobble!!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2008, 05:30:00 PM »
Matt, you should know the golden rule by now " do as the Host does or says".....speaking of host( marty). I have never seen a guy buy 2 cups of fish fry and 1 pint of oil to fry 10# of catfish?!! must be that Yankee thing again. Plus I have never seen a grown man text as fast as a teenage girl on his cell phone as marty could back to Biggie every 15 minutes
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »
What you guys gotta realize is that Marty and I kill turkeys every year but we are NOT turkey hunters. Matt is getting more mellow in his old age too, but Joey lives and breathes turkey hunting. I mean, there is nothing in the hunting world more sacred to him. Serious doesn't begin to describe Joey during turkey season. While we were working on the last of the low country boil, Joey was sharpening that dang German broadhead again.

Geez Joey...it's only a bird........
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Squirrel Bait

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2008, 06:35:00 PM »
Tell'em Joey , If you had to explain it, you wouldn't understand it anyway.
If you've never been in the woods at daylight, and seen the world come alive, you haven't " Lived".

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2008, 06:41:00 PM »
All I know is Marty said "Fish is ready" and Biggie immediately said "I enjoyed it"...talking about a sneaky eater..Schuster hadn't been around so much fried food in years!.He gained 5#s just looking at us all weekend.

Offline matt schuster

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2008, 07:46:00 AM »
Biggie, you know real bowhunters don't count those gun-killed turkeys - that's the trouble with turkeys - gun hunting them is so easy but bowhunting them is so frustrating.

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2008, 08:54:00 AM »
I bought 10 pounds of fish and before every batch was finished frying, all I heard was "more fish, more fish". I now know how a buffett owner feels when Biggie and the Wensels enter the front door! I tried to fill them up with coleslaw and potatoe salad , but that was all gone too! Schuster looked like a Biafran Baby beside the likes of us!
Matt, as far as gun killed turkeys are concerned, did you ever ask Biggie how many he's shot in the face with a load of # 4's from his 3 1/2 inch magnum?

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2008, 09:52:00 AM »
Bowhunting Turkeys will make you loose your hair.Myself and Matt are proof. I did put the Benelli on one a few years ago after I missed him twice with a Fedora but he was laughing at me and I ain`t gonna have that....RC

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2008, 10:44:00 AM »
Nice boar Joey....congrats...gonna call ya in a bit.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2008, 03:50:00 PM »
Terry, How come you never call me?

Offline matt schuster

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2008, 04:28:00 PM »
Marty, I know Biggie is talking about gun kills - he likes to eat turkey too much to bowhunt'em.   And I will defend your fish cookin ability - MORE FISH!! MORE FISH!

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2008, 04:48:00 PM »
Matt,

I don't know. My feeling are hurt. Actually, we may be able to squezze in a weekend for you. Maybe try when Jay and Karen are around. Gotta check the calendar.

You guys should ask ol' Don Thomas about the DonD fish fry he experienced a couple weeks ago. Japanese Panko snook and yellowtail snapper with a little wasabi cole slaw on the side. We did not garnish with jelly donuts however.
DonD

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2008, 04:53:00 PM »
Don, We are into volume not quality. We had Tilapia and Catfish. Biggie always says, he like's his Sushi--fried.

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2008, 04:59:00 PM »
10-4, catfish and tilapia are tough to beat but snook and yellowtail fried with panko bread crumbs just might do it. Besides OUR lease is into quality and quantity. I reserve the right to void that last statement if Biggie shows up.
DonD

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2008, 05:45:00 PM »
Panko Fish!  First chill fish and pat dry then dredge fish in meal/flour favorite dry batter ( my favorite is Zaterran) in ziplock, then dip fish in 1 egg 1 cup of water (egg wash) then roll fish in Panko Bread Crumps, drop in Peanut ( i like cottonseed oil)oil between 350-375...remove fish when floats and salt then grab a baseball bat and knock the hail out of all your friends trying to steal a piece before grace!!!  GatorDon ,I know Panko!!  I use it on my ducks after marinating overnight in garlic and buttermilk.... I believe I heard E Don brag on your cooking before!.. I'll put some some fried quail and gravy on you that will make you run naked through the swamp!!! Marty and etc. don't know Panko...Thats too high class for them.....

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2008, 06:38:00 PM »
Joey's got it! I use Zaterans as well.

Fried quail and gravy!! I LOVE fried quail!! I remember that quail Cory M cooked at the Charlotte PBS in 96. Outstanding!

E Don T was refering to my wild hog BBQ which turned out good by accident. E Don is an outstanding cook so if ever in camp with him just volunteer to do dishes and let him cook.

To paraphrase Jose' Ortega y Gassett " One does not hunt in order to kill;on the contrary,one kills in order to have....the last piece of fish"
DonD

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2008, 09:01:00 PM »
You guys are awesome!!!!

Congrats Joey    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2008, 08:02:00 AM »
Guru, you see how sucessful our bounty turned out, only thing we can talk about now is food. We crapped out on the birds. Your going to have to post the first Bow killed bird of the season.

Offline Featherbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2008, 08:07:00 AM »
joebuck,
any birds sounding off in your neck of the woods yet.  i plan on coming over this weekend to listen.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. - Tribe Unknown

Southern Traditional Archery

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2008, 08:31:00 AM »
Oh man........this looks like so much fun...one of these days I have to try turkey hunting!
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2008, 09:39:00 AM »
Marty....Kill something and we'll chat.  :D  

BTW, I do need your phone number....

[email protected]
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©