INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: The Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2008 (FINAL THANKYOU!!)  (Read 94746 times)

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2008 (FINAL THANKYOU!!)
« Reply #1140 on: February 17, 2008, 03:31:00 PM »
i had a blast!!!!!!! it was so great to meet so many people that i have admired and talked to through Tradgang. Killdeer is a true solider, she can roll with whatevers thrown at her! i had made the statement that i could live and die without ever going 50 miles from my house and i would be happy, i did not mean for it to come out that way as sometimes i give the wrong impression of what i mean which was all so true in this case. i LOVED meeting everyone and can't wait to do it again! i would pay top dollor to hunt sewar rats in Harlem with this group, not a better bunch of people can be found and it truly felt like a family! i will be posting more pictures soon.

I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1141 on: February 17, 2008, 03:44:00 PM »
now that there is way to funny ya look good in it killie dear  :biglaugh:    :jumper:    :jumper:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1142 on: February 17, 2008, 03:54:00 PM »
AAAWWWWW.....Killy gots a Bunny hat!!!!!   :bigsmyl:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1143 on: February 17, 2008, 03:56:00 PM »
Well how many wabbits today????
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1144 on: February 17, 2008, 04:27:00 PM »
Well, I'm home and just getting setted.....

As usual,I HAD A BLAST!!!!! It was GREAT to finally meet Cathy!!!!! She is truely a very genuine person,with a TREMENDOUS personality!!!!! At the raffle last night Killy won a tube quiver with one of the arrows that she made up special for the St.Judes raffle in it.She looked around the room.....then smiled.....and handed it to me!!!!! I was humbled,and truely honored to recieve this precious gift. Cathy,I will treasure it forever!!!!! I will hang it on the wall,and when I look at it and hold it,it will bring back wonderful memories of a very fine friend!!!!!

Shawn, Again,THANK YOU My Brother!!!!! You are truely a Super Man!!!!! I remember your wonderful mom,and how much she enjoyed having everyone around at the Bunny Hunt!!!!! You really made her smile Brother!!!!! I had the greatest time last night.....after everyone went to bed,Shawn and I sat on the porch and talked untill midnight.I will  carry that memory with me forever.

I would also like to thank Cindy(Shawn's "slave" LOL)Damon(Shawn's son in-law),Mrs.Damon(   :confused:    :bigsmyl:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1145 on: February 17, 2008, 04:32:00 PM »
Got to make Chuck dance a little in the group pics too. LOL!!!
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1146 on: February 17, 2008, 04:52:00 PM »
i'm not real good with names but i take a lot of pictures so please help add a name to the pic's i post!

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1147 on: February 17, 2008, 06:45:00 PM »
Super weekend...I'm tired but here are a few pics...

Briarback Mtn...knarly, thorny, miserable terrain..

Mikey using Snippers to cut his way through the briars...5 minutes later, 2 Drivers jumped him, swatted him down and stole the snippers...

Since Mikeys friend Woodonly decided to stay home and watch Godzilla reruns on the Sci-Fi Channel...he chose to make Aram his new "Buddy"
Not being bashful..back of my truck with other hunters...

Now Scott and I let this bunny run by us so Killy could get the shot...and she did...running shot, direct hit....she claims it was 24 yds away but....it was more like 3 ft...but who's going to tell....

Here Killy and I let this rabbit go for Scott...wearing his good luck Pink Team Scarf...one dead rabbit.

Scott and Killy got into a heated argument because Scott wanted to wear her hat for a few drives...They were all smiles for the picture as you can see...not sure what happened later.

Jan Brown and his family made the hunt. Casey and Jeremy saw some action, a few missed shots.
Jans wife Mary stated she hoped to see some action later...not sure what she meant by that...and I'm not asking.

I was well behaved for the 2 day hunt...Even though there were a few prime beaver pelts floating around...I never touched them.

Damien, Shawns Son in Law was the winner of Pink Bra/Pantie set. He keeps it for one year...his wife got a little "red" last night when she found out she may have to wear it....

Thanks to Shawn, Cindy and Family, Super job and to all bowhunters who made the hunt...thanks for a great time.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1148 on: February 17, 2008, 06:48:00 PM »
Here's Mikey prior to the beating....

"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1149 on: February 17, 2008, 07:14:00 PM »
Definately worth two sick days and the work that's sure to follow. Keep the pics a comin' fella's...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1150 on: February 17, 2008, 07:18:00 PM »
And I don't know what's more exciting...Curt breaking his bunny jinx, Curt breaking it with Ms. Faith, or Curt beating last years total of 16 with Ms. Faith...good times that cannot be beat...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1151 on: February 17, 2008, 07:24:00 PM »
"Maybe they're more afraid of me than they are of you."
Killy in response to Shawn.

I was only able to make Saturday this year, but my father and I had a BLAST!

How did Sunday go???
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline ghost rob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1152 on: February 17, 2008, 07:28:00 PM »
I had a great time on saturday. I'd like to thank everyone and especially Lee Miller (LeeNY) for taking me along. He and his grandson Jordan were great to travel with. I got three shots and had a ball. Hope to come again. I got to hand it to everyone for their generosity in donations for the raffle... unbelievable. Thanks again, Rob. I was the one in the all orange coveralls, kinda like a 250# pumpkin.

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1153 on: February 17, 2008, 07:32:00 PM »
Jeremy, roughly answering your question:
Sunday = amazing
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1154 on: February 17, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »
Well, I am finally home, what a great group and what a blast. People have covered a bit of Saturday but not the kids hunt. I took the kids to an area with their Dads and Curt(Guru)Damon,David set the kids and I guided the drivers. We saw 10-12 bunnies the first push and at least 15 shots were taken. Curt has some excellent video footage of Adam(Drewsbows Son) getting five consecutive shots at 5 different bunnies, I could of hunted with them all day. We only did two drives with the kids and they shot well over 25 times. I could of hunted with them all day. For the guys asking we got 7 more today for a total of 17, which is a new record for our hunt. Last year we got 16 and none of us ever thought we could top that, but we decided to do a coupole last pushes, we were down to about 15-17 people, so I decided we could do the same push as we did with the kids the day before. Curt(guru)was carrying Faith and he new where he wanted to be, he not only killed one with her, but set the record of 17 bunnies. He made a great shot and than like a linebacker blasted in and dove on the bunny so it would not get away. We had over 125 shots again today and on our last little push, maybe 80 yards long we saw 6 more bunnies and got 18 shots. There will be tons more to come, and a lot more story telling! Also This Ol' Man killed a bunny today!!! Last but certainly not least we raised $3250 for the kids plus those Michigan guys with another $900 makes $4150 for the kids, great going guys!!! What more can I say but: OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1155 on: February 17, 2008, 07:58:00 PM »
the youth hunt, enjoy!!!! nitice that Killdeer taught the kids well about bow tips on the boots please!

Offline brettlandon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1156 on: February 17, 2008, 08:00:00 PM »
Shawn,  Mrs. Stickman and I are REALLY looking forward to next year.  We are so glad you set records for bunnies and attendance and $$$$$ for the kids.  God Bless you man for all your hard work.

-Brett

P.S.  Did Mikey like his techno gizmo we sent?
Excellence is achieved, not purchased.

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1157 on: February 17, 2008, 08:01:00 PM »
Loving all the pics Folks!  Thanks for posting and glad you all had a great time.  :D
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1158 on: February 17, 2008, 08:03:00 PM »
I also wanted to mention the great prize table, we gave away over 200 items and at least 14 bows. I was  the very lucky winner of an RER $250 Gift Certificate towards any of their custom bows!! It is hard to describe 60 people going through a 10 acre patch of wildrose, briars and every nasty stuff thing imaginable, and every 10 seconds someone screaming BUNNY!!!!, than hearing as many as 10-15 shots within the next ten seconds!! We actually figured out that we hit as many as we killed in the two days. These bunnies are tough as our all the people that put there head down and jump into the fray! Thanks guys and gals for making this hunt so special for me and I am sure my Mom is proud of all of us!!! OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1159 on: February 17, 2008, 08:09:00 PM »
Brett, Mikey and everyone got a kick out of it, I read the whole thing even though I was so hoarse from all my yelling and talking trying to direct these great bunny hunters. I won one of the hat and shirt combos also, Thanks to you and Mrs. Stickman. I witnessed some great things, like a bunny being put out of a little weed patch and running down a line of 15 people arrows flying at it as it went, I turn to Tim who was pushing with me and I said get ready it should get by Nomad88(my son-in-law) and Woodchucker. I should of known better as Nomad88(Damon) has been a bunny killer this year. Sure enough with the bunny flat out and coming right at him, plunk right between the eyes, wait until ya see the pick, I let out an OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©