INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: The Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2008 (FINAL THANKYOU!!)  (Read 94654 times)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2008 (FINAL THANKYOU!!)
« Reply #1260 on: February 18, 2008, 09:39:00 PM »
Just a small window here to post some pix....

What a hunt!!!!!   After the hunt is over every year Shawn and I agree it'll be tough to top it the next time...but he and his family always take it above and beyond.....Thanx again brother     :notworthy:  

Early Sat. morning.....

This is Adam, "Drewsbow's" son...hands down the best young shooter I've ever seen!!!   I loved watching him shoot.  He's a "natural". After watching him on and off for a while. I just had to shoot with him.....we went head shot, for head shot.....check out this group he shot....

The kids hunt was just awesome, I got great footage that hopefully can be on the next TG DVD.

The hunt begins....

My bud Larry and his well deserved 1st JLMBH bunny.....

This is what a real bunny hunter looks like.....

Southpawshooter....

Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1261 on: February 18, 2008, 09:47:00 PM »
Man, I know Curt has many more pics. and a great story, but as usual he will keep us in suspense!! Thanks bud, your call made me feel good tonight! I am gonna drink a glass of Drewsbow's raspberry hooch and go to bed, hope to here a lot more stories and see lots more pics.!  Thanks again to everyone, as I said before, Mom would be proud of all of us!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1262 on: February 18, 2008, 09:47:00 PM »

Izzy & Eric....

I'm sure this was real special for Jeremy to have his dad there when he killed a bunny....

All three from the same drive.....I bet there was over 30 shots taken on just this drive. I remember walking up to someone after I walked up to him as I finished driving...he'd shot every arrow in his quiver!!.....

Some long distance shooting......

Guess who........

Miss Killy......

Curt } >>--->   

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1263 on: February 18, 2008, 09:49:00 PM »
Be proud brother...be very proud     :notworthy:
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1264 on: February 18, 2008, 09:50:00 PM »
One more post!! with the Michigan crew throwing in $900 we raised $4150!!!How incredible is that? I will do a Final Thankyou in a couple days and than put her to bed!! OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1265 on: February 18, 2008, 09:50:00 PM »
Towards the end of the first day a bunch of guys were at the end of rabbit valley when a bunny busted out and ran right down the road past about ten guys in the wide open.......I was laughing as shot after shot whizzed by, then just as it hit the woodline......whack, dead rabbit......and I'm not even sure who shot it!  Then this pick, taken right after another bunny ran the hedgerow to the left, got itslef shot and pinned, then someone else shot it and all you could see were the fletching of two arrows quivering in the brush.......

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline LeeNY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1266 on: February 18, 2008, 09:51:00 PM »
Great pic's everyone!!!!

David, I would have responded sooner, but my shawl got caught in my rocking chair!  :knothead:  

Jordans been bragging about the time he had, his older brother now wants to trade his compound for a longbow! I'll be bringing 2 grandsons next year.  :clapper:    :clapper:

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1267 on: February 18, 2008, 09:53:00 PM »

Miss Killy amd Mikey "mcgroundstalker".....

And Damon's awesome self defense head shot!

Curt } >>--->   

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1268 on: February 18, 2008, 09:56:00 PM »
great pics everybody been fun readin about all of yours guys stories
St. Joe River Bows

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1269 on: February 18, 2008, 09:59:00 PM »
Is it me or was there some phenominal shooting this year? Awesome pics everyone.
Damon is really turning into a bunny killing machine. How many so far this year Damon?
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1270 on: February 18, 2008, 10:07:00 PM »
as i walk in to the kitchen i see Shawn with brush pants around his ankles and sweat pants nearing the same place. i ask him what are you doing and he replied " looking for my chap stick!"    :scared:        :scared:        :scared:        :rolleyes:     Bro i don't want to know wher ya found it and i hope to Jesus ya didn't use it if ya did find it!!! oh yeah i believe Cindy had a comment about it to, i think it was a comparison???    :bigsmyl:
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1271 on: February 18, 2008, 10:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by adkmountainken:
here is a picture of a very happy young man. Bowspirit ( Chris ) won a left hand Bear super mag in the raffle. as he was not left handed he looked around and saw Hunter, a fine young left handed lad and gave him a beautiful gift! way to go Chris, you da man!!! that is what it is all about!!!! now go bloody that bow Hunter!

Quick, ok maybe not, story here......Hunter and I arrived Friday evening, we ate with Shawn and Kathy and just generally talked.  Well, the wall in the raffle room held a number of bows, two in particular that were left handed, a 50@28 Bear Grizzly, and a 45@28 Bear Kodiak Mag.  Hunter fell in love with the Kodiak Mag, saying he wanted to win THAT bow.  Well, I worked the raffle with Shawn and Curt, and Hunter was on the porch.......the Grizzly came up and Chris won it.  A while later I go into the porch to hand out a prize and Hunter has the bow, and I really don't have a lot of time to talk about it, but do figure out that someone had given it to him. (I didn't know it was Chris yet) Then towards the end Curt wins the Kodiak Mag, and he had wanted the Grizzly.....so, you guessed it, a trade was made on the spot, Hunter got his Kodiak Mag, and Curt got his Grizzly.

This pic is of Hunter with his "new" bow on stand behind the greenhouses on Sunday.....

Chris and Curt, I can't begin to tell you what this meant to me....thank you both for what you have done for my son.  I will tell all of you that for the first hour riding home last night all he could talk about was the hunt, how much fun he had.  He told me he wanted to come back NEXT weekend to hunt with Shawn again, and wanted to know why we only do this hunt once a year........I told him that was one of the things that made it so special. He told me we only had to wait 362 days, then promptly went to sleep for the rest of the ride........

Thank you again Chris and Curt, and thanks to each and every one of you for the way all of the kids were treated this wekend, it says a lot about who we are.   :notworthy:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1272 on: February 18, 2008, 10:17:00 PM »
WOW!!!,, I love seeing those pics of killy,, I love how she holds all of her creatures she kills so close,,You can tell how much respect she has for every kill she makes,, but to all of you guys,, what an awsome bunch of guys and gals with awsome shots and huge hearts to donate to the raffle, God bless ya'll abd god bless ya Shawn,,and all who had their hand in the hunts,,Jaosn B.
TGMM

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1273 on: February 18, 2008, 10:22:00 PM »
CONGRATS TO ALL INVOLVED   :thumbsup:  
OUTSTANDING
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Offline Peter Smith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1274 on: February 18, 2008, 10:29:00 PM »
Looks like I missed a great event! Glad you all had a great time, next year ill be back!

Pete
You get what you get.

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1275 on: February 19, 2008, 05:47:00 AM »
Looks like there was some fun had by all. One year I will make it.

Congrats to all involved!   :thumbsup:    :clapper:

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1276 on: February 19, 2008, 06:21:00 AM »
Great pix. Shawn and family thanks again for all you do to make this happen..What a great time..Tucker

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1277 on: February 19, 2008, 06:52:00 AM »
Congradulations one and all!! Hap

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1278 on: February 19, 2008, 07:01:00 AM »
Time for a couple more pics before work......here is the end of the "Briarback Mountain" push......this pic really does not do the area justice....it is MUCH thicker than this...

At one point during that push I was on my belly, I would push my bow through a few feet, then clip some briars, push the bow, clip some briars.  This was the end result of that push for me....

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

Offline GrnMtnTradNut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1279 on: February 19, 2008, 07:52:00 AM »
Wow sounds like fun was had by all, I wish I could of made it. Next year will be a for sure. Lots of great pics, stories and memories. I love to see all the kids young and old. Best of all it was done for those who need help more than any of us. What awesome bunch of people to be associated with.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©