INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: The Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2008 (FINAL THANKYOU!!)  (Read 94653 times)

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2008 (FINAL THANKYOU!!)
« Reply #1280 on: February 19, 2008, 07:54:00 AM »
Dave no wonder you look so rough, I watched you bulldozing your way through the worst of the worst all weekend. Were some would walk around David went through, thanks for the extra effort. I'm sure you booted out more than your share of bunnies   :thumbsup:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Huntrdfk@Work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1281 on: February 19, 2008, 08:01:00 AM »
You saw it Jim because you were right there all weekend.......

Seems like every time we hunt Briarback Mtn when we end up in that bowl at the end there is at least one rabbit or two that ends up like a carnival duck just going back and forth, back and forth, I don't know how many shots were let loose at this one rabbit but it was a lot......I saw Bamboo Mike let one go at it from about 50 yards away, it was great watching the flight of that arrow.......then, when almost all of us break out on top, one more rabbit busts out and runs right by about 25 of us who just stand there and watch.......

David

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1282 on: February 19, 2008, 08:22:00 AM »
LOL ya get all bloodied up like that by not carefully removing them when they grab your head the first time.If ya just plow thru they'll eat ya     :biglaugh:      :biglaugh:     gotta plow butt first not head first
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Huntrdfk@Work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1283 on: February 19, 2008, 08:38:00 AM »
Yeah, I'm too french to figure that out Tom.....

Here is our caravan as we leave the Greenhouses/Briarback Mountain to head back for a quick bite and drink before the final few pushes of the hunt........

David

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1284 on: February 19, 2008, 08:45:00 AM »
Good stuff guys.....all the way around!!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1285 on: February 19, 2008, 10:44:00 AM »
The Official knife of Team Pink....courtesy of Casey, Jeremy and Bryce Brown...

"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1286 on: February 19, 2008, 02:27:00 PM »
who's still poppin out briar's    :biglaugh:
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1287 on: February 19, 2008, 03:12:00 PM »
ME! I got prickers in places no man should have them thanks to that $#%^&@ Briarback Mt. Next year I'm standing!  :)
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1288 on: February 19, 2008, 03:42:00 PM »
When Joe and I were standing together watching people shoot at some rabbits on the first day after the drive at rabbit valley. Someone yelled bunny, it was in the strip by the road, I told Joe to hurry up and get around to watch the ditch in case the bunny tried to go that route. I went around to the end and stood a little ways from Tdog and began watching the brush on the side hill. Next thing I know here comes the rabbit he's at about 25 yards and he decides to stop, there is a lot of brush but after passing up some similar shots I decide if I can see it I can hit it. I draw back pick a spot then release, it was one of those shots that just feels right and you know it's a good one before it's over. I watch the arrow and hear the hit but I can't hardly believe it. Next thing I know Tdog drops his bow and is on a dead run to the bunny he dives in head first after it but it ain't moving, when he did that it got me wound up so I gave a hoot and a OOOOOOOHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!  Later on my daughter tells me even though she can't see me she tells someone by her that's my dad that got that one   :bigsmyl:

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1289 on: February 19, 2008, 03:52:00 PM »
Jim it was a pleasure meeting your daughter this year........I think Cam is in trouble!!!  :scared:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1290 on: February 19, 2008, 03:57:00 PM »
Dave, you got that right   :thumbsup:

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1291 on: February 19, 2008, 04:14:00 PM »
Guys that is some awesome stuff, Curt best get posting, as I know he has some more pics. and a great story. This thing gets better every year. The kids were awesome, next year we will get them a kill!! David, you and me are cut from the same mold as wellas tom and some others, no walking around just thru stuff. Terry, we want you to try and make it next year as our guest of honor, now that would be awesome. the man who helped start it all! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1292 on: February 19, 2008, 04:18:00 PM »
When we got back from the Greenhouses/Briarbak Mtn on Sunday afternoon it was getting late, a lot of guys had to make it home, leaving about seventeen of us for a couple of quick pushes, we decided to do the "Kids Hunt" all over again, but for everybody this time.  Curt and Shawn took the standers, and I took the pushers, and we began the push, with me on the outside edge nearest the standers......I hadn't gone 15 yards when a bunny busted out in front of me..then I heard some yelling but really didn't know what to make of it.  I continued on and came upon a sight that has been a long time coming....this is what happens when you put Curt Cabrerra with a "Little Bit of Faith"...

I looked left, saw Curt and said, "what's this?"...he broke out in a smile and said I got one!  Here is the hero pic again, he nneds to tell his story about this one, he deserves it!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1293 on: February 19, 2008, 04:19:00 PM »
Guys I should make a big note here. The donation just went up. Micheal O'Connell of Goshen CT. could not attend but he was gonna so he felt a little donation was in order! Little is not the right word, he sent a check for $200. now that is worth a huge--- THANKYOU!!!! The total is now $3450 from the JLMBH crew and $900 from the Michigan crew!!!OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1294 on: February 19, 2008, 04:31:00 PM »
Micheal,

MANY,MANY,Thanks My Friend!!!!!!!!!!    :bigsmyl:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1295 on: February 19, 2008, 04:43:00 PM »
Guys I also am ordering my bow tonight from RER, they donated $250 on any custom or in stock bow. I am ordering a 60" T/D  with Purpleheart and Redheart riser, actionboo cores and Myrtle veneers. 53#s at 28"s. It should be sweet!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1296 on: February 19, 2008, 04:50:00 PM »
Are you sure Lance Leonard didn't win that RER Certificate???  :help:    :rolleyes:  

I swear there was a "C" written on the back of the winning ticket...  :eek:    ;)  

Fellas, there were great prizes donated from everyone and it was a pleasure to see the young hunters having a great time....Thanks again to the Leonard family and everyone who made this hunt a success....  :thumbsup:
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1297 on: February 19, 2008, 05:06:00 PM »
Jim that was cool going in after that bunny. I didn't want it to get away on ya. I remember getting to the bunny and seeing the arrow right through it's neck. A big smile came over me. I think I stood up and said that bunny is done. That was a great shot. Congrats again..Tucker

Offline reecool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1298 on: February 19, 2008, 05:32:00 PM »
It was a real pleasure to be part of this event and next time i will be ready for the full week-end .
Thanks to you Shawn and to your familly ,
Thanks all of you and wish to see you soon for more fun !
 Eric .

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1299 on: February 19, 2008, 05:48:00 PM »
Shawn, sounds like that new RER will be the official Team Pink bow.I cant wait to see it Im having a hard time picturing such a bow.Thanks again to you and your family.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©