INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: The Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2008 (FINAL THANKYOU!!)  (Read 94602 times)

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2008 (FINAL THANKYOU!!)
« Reply #1360 on: February 20, 2008, 11:17:00 PM »
By the way Killy....you will be getting a form from Team Pink....its a small questionaire in reference to your chaperone Mikey.

Answer all questions honestly whether you were satisfied or dissatisfied. I know Mikey went to bed early and not sure if he gave you the grand tour on his tricyle but we will have a talk with him.   :eek:    :confused:  

Thanks for the chips...we had enough Gin in the room but it was nice of you to leave us what you didn't finish from your half gallon....uh-oh...the truck from Canada arrived...Nite everyone   :archer:
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1361 on: February 21, 2008, 05:36:00 AM »
No we weren't hunting high fence bunnies, even though at times one would of thought so. This shot is when we were coming out of the second to last push on Sunday along the airport fence this is the push that i saw the unbelievable amount of rabbits. Chris(Bowspirit) had somehow found the mother load of burdock the stuff that is partially obscuring his orange vest. He is a very nice young man and it was a pleasure to hunt with him.

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1362 on: February 21, 2008, 07:10:00 AM »
"Hey, can someone check and see if I really have burrs on my back?"  Chris not believeing he had tha many on him.....

Joe next year we will have to send Mikey off to "Official Team Pink Chapperone" training......I've got a few ideas, beginning with

"How to Make Yourself Look Like you're in Charge When You Are Less Than 4"11" Tall"

:bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1363 on: February 21, 2008, 10:05:00 AM »
Oh I believed y'all...you couldn't reach your hand back there with out pulling back a mound of burdock. Just figured it was a sight that had to be seen...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1364 on: February 21, 2008, 10:33:00 AM »
Atta boy Dave...Team members not afraid to step up to the plate and take action   :thumbsup:  

Maybe a weekend up in NH with you and your fellow officers should straighten the little guy out....  :eek:  

As we all saw in the room, even though it was a SHORT stay, he can become incorrigabal...red doo rag and all.....  :confused:    :rolleyes:
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1365 on: February 21, 2008, 03:28:00 PM »
Woo-Hoo!
My stuff just got here! Looks like all of it, too! Shawn, sorry, I shorted you a dime on the postage.

Can't trust me, I guess.
Killdeer  "[dntthnk]"
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1366 on: February 21, 2008, 03:38:00 PM »
Wow, been sitting in my office for someone to post and this is all we get.. :readit:

Can someone photoshop Killy's picture in the group picture? My thought's are opening and expamding up the center and adding her pciture 4x others to the center making her the focal point and the rest of all as the frame sort of like a collauge around the special guest.   :bigsmyl:
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1367 on: February 21, 2008, 04:09:00 PM »
Really it's been darn slow here today LOL

Curt    :readit:    :thumbsup:    this thing will be retired soon we need some pics maybe a little video and a story

Okay I was one of the drivers driving along side Curt on the 2nd greenhouse push when we were coming out when of course somebody yells BUUUUUNNNNNNIIIIEEEEE he manages to race past Curt heading straight on but my arrow slipped harmlessly just over his back.I did try my darndest to stab him with the end of my LB as he raced by but that was a no go too LOL sure was exciting even without getting the bunny
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1368 on: February 21, 2008, 04:21:00 PM »
Why is it that Aram always has the coolest hat at the bunny hunt? I had a chance to do a little talking with him, the more I get to know him the more I like him, his kids are great also.

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1369 on: February 21, 2008, 05:38:00 PM »
Aram is a good dude, it was a pleasure to talk to him.I too liked his hat and thought of sneaking it off his head and telling him it got pulled  off on BriarBack Mt.His quiver is pretty cool too!

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1370 on: February 21, 2008, 06:17:00 PM »
Hey Killy : Glad you made it safe , it was great to meet and talk to ya. You are even more cool than I imagined . I had a blast hunting with you , did I mention I am honored to have one of your arras ? :0) It was great to meet and shoot with the gang and see old friends again :0) Drew
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1371 on: February 21, 2008, 06:24:00 PM »
I'm already thinking about NEXT YEARS HUNT!!! Something must be wrong with me...  :o  ...

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1372 on: February 21, 2008, 06:30:00 PM »
You and Hunter too, Mikey. We weren't out of New York yet when he asked why we had to wait 363 days to do this again, and he was still talking about it when I got home today.  I guess he had a good time...........

Before I forget, to all of you that interacted in any way with Hunter or any of the other kids for that matter, thank you.  You all made a great impression on him, it was neat to know I didn't have to worry about him or who he was with.

So, again, thank you all!!!!!!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1373 on: February 21, 2008, 06:32:00 PM »
Yes Killy, it was very nice to meet you and I'd like to say thanks again for the arrow I'll throw it in my quiver from time to time along with my Bernie arrow and take ya for a walk in the woods.Thanks again

Yea Aram's a good guy,I think Ru has grown 1 1/2' since they started coming LOL I still remember him chasing that bunny the first time LOL It was nice to meet Aram's daughter too she kept an eye on Sonny for me when we did that very last set of drive's.He seemed like he should sit those out he hunted hard both days besides I think the girls spoiled him
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1374 on: February 21, 2008, 06:51:00 PM »
Speaking of Aran did anyone get a picture of him with his cape?
I did but I lost all my pictures. :mad:
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1375 on: February 21, 2008, 06:52:00 PM »
Hey Drew, That's a pretty warm looking pair of cover-alls your wearing!!!!!   :thumbsup:

(I wonder where they came from.....   :rolleyes:  )
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1376 on: February 21, 2008, 06:58:00 PM »
I spoke to curt and he should be posting tonight, I hope! I thought Killy would have lots more to say as well. I know she has pics. of her first kill and than lots of the hunt. Whats up guys?? I probably will not check again until tomorrow I am whooped! OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1377 on: February 21, 2008, 07:02:00 PM »
shawn...give me a bump when you recieve the package i sent...it is a padded envelope with a book and st jude payment enclosed...thanks..steve

the book is for you to read and just pass on to a buddy..i dont need it back..
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1378 on: February 21, 2008, 07:07:00 PM »
Uh oh.......another book is in the mix....  :scared:  

Wait, that's two now, two more and Mikey will be able to reach the ground when he straddles the hay bales at the steel plate!!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1379 on: February 21, 2008, 07:27:00 PM »
Lol David! He didnt even say the title....now Killy is gonna bug out.  :D  
Did anyone take those osage seeds? Or did someone really pay Chris to drink that slurry? Ack...
We need to figure out some sort of get togther mid way between bunny hunts...if Team Pink is involved we could call it Drunken Stumpin. Who is Team Pink anyway?   :confused:  I looked but didnt see any secret handshakes....and almost everyone was wearing pink, might not have been visible, well you get the point.

On a different note. My wife just cruised through and did a double take on the total raised. Then she said "Wow, thats awesome!". I guess she wasnt listening when I told her earlier this week.   :rolleyes:  Anyway, I agree. Glad to be part of it. Cant wait for the next one. Whats the count Hunter?  :jumper:
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©