INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: The Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2008 (FINAL THANKYOU!!)  (Read 94328 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2008 (FINAL THANKYOU!!)
« Reply #1380 on: February 21, 2008, 07:29:00 PM »
$3450 plus $900 from the Michigan Crew $4350 Total!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1381 on: February 21, 2008, 07:32:00 PM »
Jamie, on the way to school this morning he told me there were 360 days to go......  :thumbsup:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1382 on: February 21, 2008, 07:47:00 PM »
Still feelin' like poop....but I've been threatened enough....

Get there Sat. morning....Walk in to Dad's house to bring some gear in....I hear, in a womans voice, "hey Curt", as nonchalant as could be, like she's said hello to me a hundred times,and we just saw each other the day before....It was Miss Killy. We'd never actually met before...that's her way...she's like an instant old friend.....

The kids hunt was the highlight for me...but something happened to me the next day,in the same spot that was a close second.  Those kids were just a hoot, I wish I'd have had Cade for that part of the hunt.  The video I took of Adam on the kids hunt,and all of the other Bunny hunt stuff will be sent to Terry and hopefully be a part of the next B of TG dvd .

Very first drive on Sat...."The Island of Trees" push...Shawn sends me to set the standers....Get set with "T-dog on my right,and Shawns friend Mario on my left....I hear the drive begin and it wasn't long before the stampede started.....here come a bunny right for me. I start me draw as he's hopping toward me prepared for a moving shot and he stops    :mad:  . Now normally that's a good thing,but I shoot much better when I don't have to hold a re-adjust my focus. I held got on him at 10 yds and shot right under him. That bunny would be dead just about 10 out of 10 if I draw on him while sitting, but I couldn't risk the movement....oh well.....shot shots later the drive ended.....I was loving life!  It's hard to desribe the excitment of these drives. The voices and distant banter back and forth between hunters is priceless   :jumper:

That was the last time I'd shoot at a bunny on sat., even thought I saw a bunch more,I was either driving or videoing,and didn't manage any more shots....What a start

By the end of day one.....there's were 10 bunny's brought in....Shawn and I talked earlier about never being able to duplicate last years total. We figured 16 bunny's was just a fluke cause by last years deep snow.....but now, after 10 on the first day, we were talking about the possibility of breaking last years total!

Another one of Damon(nomad88) Shawn's son in law , he's turned into the bunny terminator.....

Stoneknife(Jim) and little Joe,his son.....

Fran with his bunny....

All the gangers that killed a bunny on day one, I have a better pic I'll post later(with killy's eyes open)....

The raffle Sat. night was just awesome, donated items were more than anyone could ever expect....I threw in my $100 for the kids and I think I was on the low end of donation...guys were pouring money into the box and grabbing tickets by the truckload!

It was a very lucky night for me,I came home with a ton of great stuff!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1383 on: February 21, 2008, 07:47:00 PM »
i agree with Jamie %100, a between bunny hunt get together would be awesome! some stumping, targets, food, DRINK, and get to kow everyone a little more. what do ya say Shawn????
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1384 on: February 21, 2008, 08:33:00 PM »
I say nope! I love doing this but the logistics of setting everything up and getting people organised is enough once a year. If I did not have help from David, Curt, Jamie and Damon and the most important people my wife and 3 daughters, this would not be possible. I had 3 tables of donations in my house alone and Cindy doing all the food you guys bring. I like our little hunts before the big hunt and anyone who wants to join in can, but I doubt we would get 61 people and besides we need to save some bunnies for the hunt. Curt, great stuff I have been hurtin' for 4 days now and hope to better for the weekend!! Everyone  was great and I had a blast! OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1385 on: February 21, 2008, 08:39:00 PM »
ok, ok a mans got to dream!!! thanks AGAIN for all you and your family has done for so many people and most importantly the kids!!!

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1386 on: February 21, 2008, 08:42:00 PM »
Didnt mean for you to host it Shawn. we all know how much work you and your family put into this thing every year...just a thought I have bouncing around in my brain bucket. I gots lots of stumps...
Great pics Curt, hope ya feel better soon bro.
Do we have a count on how many rabbits Damon got this year? More than most trad bowmen in a decade I bet. Unreal.
I get to start physical therapy next week, and Im contacting an accupuncturist manana. Im hoping for one more hunt before the season ends.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1387 on: February 21, 2008, 08:53:00 PM »
I agree...wouldn't be the same if there were two......too much for Shawn and the family to go through more than once a year anyway.

This winter hunt gives me some thing to look forward to just like opening day of bow season, turkey season, the Muzzy shoot, and  far away hunts!!  It's that good, just the way it is!!!!

With only one....it's just that, the one and only "Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt"     :notworthy:
Curt } >>--->   

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1388 on: February 21, 2008, 08:55:00 PM »
We are still waiting for Damon to show off his prize possession....the Pink "set" he won for his wife...C'mon Damon....don't be shy   :eek:    :scared:
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1389 on: February 21, 2008, 08:59:00 PM »
Hey whats up with the neighbor he must be an --- well you know.

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1390 on: February 21, 2008, 09:05:00 PM »
ah ha! thats the sum of a beech that bout rattle me out of the camper with the early morning heeeeeeeee yaaaaaawwwwwww!!! an i thought i was hearing Mikey taking a seat in the out house!!!!

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1391 on: February 21, 2008, 09:09:00 PM »
ENTRY; JLMBH; FORMAL APOLOGY:

I hereby formally apologize for being so slow. I am well-known for it at my place of employment, and have a turtle on my watch fob.

ENTRY; JLMBH; FORMAL EXCUSES;
I am getting up at 4:30 every morning and going to work. I come home in the afternoon and take the dog to the park. Then I go home and get something to eat. The time between getting something to eat and going to bed is spnt either online or taking a shower. I am here because I don't shower every day. Deal with it, my coworkers do. (deal with it, not shower every day)

Tonight is THURSDAY, my regularly scheduled meeting of the Chagrined Again Hunting Club, of which I am Founder and Whipper-In. Attendance is mandatory.

I have not even called my father to tell him of my experiences, nor have I had time to brush my hair since the day before yesterday. Tomorrow is supposed to bring ice storms. I have to work, and may possibly die in traffic. Tomorrow after I walk the dog and possibly de-ice my father's homeplace, I should be studying all the ways that the Post Office will try to screw me in the Count, which commences on Saturday. The Count will determine the volume of mail flowing through the portal of MY route, and will determine how many hours I will get paid for. The PO has started its dirty work already, and I need to be prepared to account for all the stuff that I may receive credit for.

I have Sunday off.
I am working on it, and have uploaded some of my pics in preparation.

And stop putting people in the sun to take pictures of them. Too much contrast and squinting.

Killdeer~I had to vent before I strangled the cat. Book? Who has time to read a book? Bedtime is at nine, and I am late. Again.
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1392 on: February 21, 2008, 09:10:00 PM »
Yup, he is up with the sun! Wheres Killie? she should have a story or two! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1393 on: February 21, 2008, 09:12:00 PM »
I must of posted at the same time, Kathy ya could of just told two stroies with all that above!  :bigsmyl:  I am sure they will be worth the wait!! The Huntress is ready to strike the keyboards! OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1394 on: February 21, 2008, 09:16:00 PM »
i offer to be god father to killys morrison iffin sumpin terriable were to happen! sorry Killy could't resist!

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1395 on: February 21, 2008, 09:23:00 PM »
Clark said he wanted one just like it...til he thought he knew what I spent on it. He still doesn't know the real total. I suppose he will glom onto it with all the appropriate sad faces and tears in public.

In private?
  :jumper:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1396 on: February 21, 2008, 09:52:00 PM »
Here's 2 more...take your pic of the three....

Curt } >>--->   

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1397 on: February 21, 2008, 10:45:00 PM »
In the pic above get a look at all of those smiles! I never saw anyone all weekend who didnt look like that from start to finish.Unbelievable how a group of  strangers for the most part  can come together and treat each other like lifelong friends and family.A very rare and welcome occurence in todays day and age.And the icing on the cake is what this gathering does for the kids.OHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHH!

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1398 on: February 22, 2008, 06:46:00 AM »
good morning all!!!  :coffee:

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1399 on: February 22, 2008, 06:53:00 AM »
Good Morning My Brother!!!!!   :wavey:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©