INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: The Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2008 (FINAL THANKYOU!!)  (Read 94205 times)

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2008 (FINAL THANKYOU!!)
« Reply #1580 on: February 27, 2008, 09:08:00 PM »
Curt, that was an awesome last bunny down at the end of the best hunt ever.   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    

Oh, and:

Originally posted by Guru:
... I went after that bunny like he just stole my wallet! ...

:biglaugh:  Yup, you did     :biglaugh:

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1581 on: February 27, 2008, 09:34:00 PM »
When I came over to congratulate Curt he looked like Mike Tyson had given him a right hook to the face but smile was unmistakable Curt had his bunny. No one deserved it more !
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1582 on: February 28, 2008, 05:17:00 AM »
There's proof right there that hard work does pay off in the end   :thumbsup:  Curt I can see that you do a lot to help out Shawn and everyone at the bunny hunt, your one of the main organizers of the drives knowing what to do and were to place others to help them be successful. Your generosity may have contributed to your long wait for a bunny of your own, I'm glad you got it and real glad that it came in the manner that it had. That is one bunny that none of us will forget, congratulations on your hard earned prize, I'm just glad I was there when it happened.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1583 on: February 28, 2008, 06:43:00 AM »
Man, I'm sorry I missed seeing you get your bunny Curt!  It sounds like it was a sight to see!  :)

I can't thank Shawn and his Family enough for hosting this hunt and putting up with a whole mess o'stickbow shooters invading Selkirk!  The people make it special, but y'all make it Happen!!   :clapper:
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1584 on: February 28, 2008, 07:48:00 AM »
I heard that, Killie! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr, makes me cold just looking at the pics - and it's no help that it's 24 degrees here this AM - LOL.

Thanks, Tom - and also Killie for carrying my arra. My utmost congrats and full "Marine Admiration" for those who made it through the Rose tangles - and those who saw the "White Disc" on their Rabbit shots (as well as to those who hosted, did all the work, and made all the donations). What a glorious group and event!
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1585 on: February 28, 2008, 08:16:00 AM »
Seeing Curt draw and yell that he got him was a thrill followed by the heart sinking feeling as the bunny started running off like I've seen before lifted back up to OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH YEEEAAAAAAA as he grabbed the arrow with bunny attached to oh noooooo as it pulled free back to OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA as Curt made that final dive capturing his prize.

Yup thats one that'll give me goose bumps for a long long time everytime I think of it.I'm so glad I was right there to see the whole thing unfold....calling it just minute's before it unfolding was the icing on the cake.

Thanks again Shawn and faimly it's been great to be part of this and thanks to everybody that came it's great to see new face's and old and it feels os good to be part of it.....well cept for the briars they don't feel so hot but thats okay we'll do it again LOL
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1586 on: February 28, 2008, 04:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by Huntrdfk:
One of the many things that makes gatherings like this what they are, are things like that Ken......good people do good things.
David
:rolleyes:   If you don't stop talking about it Kathy will soon figure it all out. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!   :rolleyes:  
   :saywhat:       :p      :D

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1587 on: February 28, 2008, 05:35:00 PM »
hey Curt, that's pretty cool...I didn't realize that you hadn't killed a bunny either, but you have been in on a lot of "finishing touches" Interesting a couple of ol' recurve shooters had to get their bunnies with a longbow...of course I had to carry mine, for fear of it getting stuffed in one of those tubes laying around and sent to Virginia before I knew what had happened..  :biglaugh:

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1588 on: February 28, 2008, 06:14:00 PM »
Wish I could have been there to see it! Sounds like it was worth the wait Curt.
Shawn, ya out do yourself every year it seems. Glad I could "help" ya out this year. I will do my best to be healthy and more helpful by next year.  :thumbsup:  Thanks again for getting Damon into trad, and through osmosis, me. Changed my hunting/archery life in a huge way man.
I look forward to spending more time with more of you guys in the coming year. If not, you know I will see you at the next JLMBH. And the next....and the next...and....well you get the point.
Seriously thinking about ending the small game season in the woods....

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1589 on: February 28, 2008, 06:35:00 PM »
What really stood out about Curts kill was the look on his face(I don't mean the scratches and lump on his cheek) but the pure excitment and joy. I know he has killed some P+Y animals thru the years and I believe him when he says this was his most special. That is why I love this hunt, the people and all they do and the pleasure they get from it warms my heart!! Congrats bud!! OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Tim Kosteczko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1590 on: February 28, 2008, 07:42:00 PM »
i almost forgot to mention i too got one of killies arrows with jamies awesome back quiver that he made, it is one of her flu flu's and if i am reading it rite it is luck #1!!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1591 on: February 28, 2008, 08:32:00 PM »
I see all these guys with one of Killies arrows and wonder what about the host? Great stuff and I am already planning next years hunt. I have a few tricks up my sleeve!! Gonna go one more time with Damn and Jamie tomorrow, just to make sure we left a couple to breed!  :bigsmyl:  OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1592 on: February 28, 2008, 08:54:00 PM »
Be sure to keep us posted on how tommarrows hunt goes, Shawn...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1593 on: February 29, 2008, 06:03:00 AM »
You are going with Damn Jamie?  :eek:  
Ever hear of a Freudian slip?
(It has pictures of cigars and umbrellas all over it.)
Shawn, your arrow is under the shed with that dead running rabbit.

Larry, surprisingly, larceny never crossed my mind. Stealing it would rob the bow of its good will. Hitting you over the head until you agreed to sell it, now that DID occur to me.

Later, with more pics!
Killdeer  :)
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1594 on: February 29, 2008, 08:29:00 AM »
Killie what about we try to convince the maker of Larry's bow to donate one next year to the exact specs and we fix the raffle for ya to win.. Happens all the time I'm told.    :thumbsup:
Funny when I frist met ya and saw ya shooting "The" bow in question at the targets I thought WOW she really has that bow tuned very well for herself. Quite a shot. Lil did I know you had just confiscated Larry's bow.
All day seeing you eye it reminded me of a kids song "Me and my shadow". Larry could understand why everytime he lQQked down at the ground he saw two bodies, one had a large hammer dangling in da air.  :biglaugh:
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1595 on: February 29, 2008, 10:50:00 AM »
Arm wrestle ya for it    :biglaugh:  

I PM'd Larry right after the hunt he told me that you (Killy) was eye ballin it

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1596 on: February 29, 2008, 03:12:00 PM »
Thats me shootin the bow in ?? on pg 77 very nice shooter and with Larry ya never know how long it will sit at his house

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1597 on: February 29, 2008, 05:26:00 PM »
No hunt today Chris. Shawn and Damon will be called into work any minute, and Im not 100% yet....more like 50% but thats an improvement. I guess we will have to wait until turkey season to get out there and hunt. In the meantime, there are a lot of stumps and balloons just begging to be shot.
I never woulda guessed Killy was so...sneaky. LOL.
I have been referred to as Damn Jamie...not by Shawn though. Well...not that I know of anyway.  :biglaugh:
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1598 on: February 29, 2008, 05:49:00 PM »
GREAT NEWS!!! I sent the St. Judes money to Doug Campbell today. We raised a $3450 and the Michigan crew raised $900 for a grand total of $4350!!! OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1599 on: February 29, 2008, 05:54:00 PM »
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Here is a huge   :thumbsup:  to anyone that was in any way involved in this, I am proud to be associated with each and every one of you.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©