INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: The Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2008 (FINAL THANKYOU!!)  (Read 94331 times)

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2008 (FINAL THANKYOU!!)
« Reply #260 on: January 08, 2008, 09:33:00 AM »
Originally posted by Shawn Leonard:
... I bet if someone were to ask Lil' Joe or RU 50 years from now about their early hunting careers, they would remember the "Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt" ...
Shawn, you can bet on that. Ru will remember this and share the memories of it for as long as he lives, I am sure. You can gather by the response so far how special this hunt is to us grown-ups, I can only imagine what it means to be twelve and part of it. Ru is 14 and this is his third year at it. Last thing before he left for winter vacation and first thing upon his return was whether I will/ did check in on the Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt Official Post.
  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #261 on: January 08, 2008, 12:29:00 PM »
Shawn, you can bet that Joe will remember the JLMBH for as long as he lives. He does a lot of talking about last years hunt, he remembers a lot of details and is really pumped about this years hunt. Of course he is a huge fan of team Skipper also.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #262 on: January 08, 2008, 01:57:00 PM »
speaking of kids, seems there will be several this year. We may need more youth bows for the raffle.    ;)
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #263 on: January 08, 2008, 02:32:00 PM »
Can we make sure this time that if shooting the squirrels up in trees that all are well behind the shooter and not on the other side of the valley in which direction the arrow is coming.....  :scared:  incommmiiinnggggg
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #264 on: January 08, 2008, 02:40:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kingstaken:
Can we make sure this time that if shooting the squirrels up in trees that all are well behind the shooter and not on the other side of the valley in which direction the arrow is coming.....   :scared:   incommmiiinnggggg
Hey, at least you can out of that drive with a net gain in the ammo department. Probably the only one who can say that for the entire weekend. LOL
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #265 on: January 08, 2008, 06:00:00 PM »
Ok, as Mike has said a couple of times, Team Pink was started as a way to honor Joe Skipp last year.  I met Joe at my first bunny hunt almost four years ago, and immediately took to him.  As I got to know him it became apparent to me that he is a special person, and is a dedicated, serious bowhunter, who always has brightly fletched arrows in his quiver.  Last year a number of us honored Joe by bringing different pink items to the hunt, mostly arrows, an uh, one hot pink, um, woman's outfit.  The theme last year was....."Team Skipper-Pretty in Pink". This has morphed into

"Team Pink"

As Joe said, it has epitomized serious bowhunters who know that you can hunt with bright fletching and still get the job done, if you want to become part of the team you must be a solid, serious bowhunter who also knows how to have fun..........and have some type of hot pink on your arrows!!!!!!  h

Here is a quick glimpse of some 2018's I put together that will fit the bill nicely this year.....

So, if you think you fit the bill, and want to join, here is your invitation.....(and there is NO prerequisite that you have to wear that, um, "woman's outfit").

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #266 on: January 08, 2008, 06:38:00 PM »
Now all the sponsors are gonna run out of pink...   :D
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #267 on: January 08, 2008, 06:40:00 PM »
Dave...you are now a Regular Member of Team Pink.

For the Raffle this year, my Theme is YOUTH. I have one dozen Chundoo Arrows made up, spined 40-45#, full length. 5" Parabolic feathers, 2 Chartruese, 1 White with a crown dip of Rocket Red and white nock.

Next, a $50 Gift Certificate to my shop. Good towards the purchase of AMG Feathers, Scent/Lure, Arrow Dynamic or Gold Tip carbon shafts.

Then, 6 Arrow Dynamic Trad Lites. The standard nocks are white and come with screw in adapters. I am adding 6 Nock adapters and 6 Flo Green nocks in 9/32. The nock adapters can be cut off at the tip to accept a standard "G" nock.

Those beautiful Pink arrows Dave brought a tear to my eye...a lump in my throat...and a swelling in ...uhh...never mind...Killy may be reading this!  :scared:    :rolleyes:    :D
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #268 on: January 08, 2008, 07:24:00 PM »
..your lip?  :confused:    :saywhat:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #269 on: January 08, 2008, 07:35:00 PM »
Dang, I never rabbit hunted with the bow, but this sounds like a fantastic time.  And I'm laid off for the winter.  Hmmm......Mike

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #270 on: January 08, 2008, 07:41:00 PM »
Mike, mapquest Selkirk NY, you will not be disapointed, just remember something for hte raffle table, that is a big one. I have to go gdig the steel up, the snow melted luckily or we would not have had it. I wonder who shot that far across the valley, it was only Sleepyhollow who was really under fire! Those arrows should be easy for me to find in the spring, when I am turkey hunting!! OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #271 on: January 08, 2008, 08:02:00 PM »
Brent Sat sounds good to me let me know.I'll hafta work till 10 but should be good to go after that.
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #272 on: January 08, 2008, 08:42:00 PM »
I'm sorry to miss another one but this year the TX Sweat is the same time.  I know ya'll have a great time and I'll be reading...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #273 on: January 08, 2008, 09:22:00 PM »
Dang, Doc, I was gonna bat my nonexistent eyelashes at you and see if a knife dropped out of a pocket as you ran!

Killdeer  :smileystooges:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #274 on: January 08, 2008, 09:25:00 PM »
tic toc tic toc its getting closer!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #275 on: January 08, 2008, 10:11:00 PM »
The wait is worth it on so many levels Ken.  :thumbsup:   I like her tactics at obtaining knives too.

For the newbies. Get used to that kid at Christmas feeling. Once you see all the stuff laid out on the tables, you just kinda glaze over. Some of the nicest things I have seen.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #276 on: January 09, 2008, 04:01:00 PM »
We keep getting stuff in as well. Lets raise $3000 this year!! OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #277 on: January 09, 2008, 05:02:00 PM »
Here's another little piece to start drooling over........all of the different bows that will be there!   Last year there were 117 bows from 49 different bowyers, what do you think we can do this year????

Check out the 2008 Bunny Hunt Bow thread, post what you will be bringing and I'll keep a detailed running list, just to give you something more to look forward to!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #278 on: January 09, 2008, 05:05:00 PM »
Ok. I'm trying to be there Saturday. I'll bring my 16" risered CX(I'll send it back to be worked on afterwards lol) and a surprise bow I guarantee will be a first time for everyone there(maybe two if things work out).
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #279 on: January 09, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »
Rumor has it Mikey Ciccone will be raffling off a free weekend bowhunt at his Catskill Resort/Hunting Lodge..The C-Nuthing....

It's a great opportunity for guys who want to learn the skills of Serpentining through the woods deer driving and stillhunting.

A Typical Day....Breakfast at 5am...served by Mike in a Pink Ballerina outfit...The "Drive" starts at 6:30 and the first patch of woods is 150 yds long...heavily wooded. This drive will take roughly 4 hrs.

Then its back for lunch and practice on Mikes 3D Range. After a hearty lunch of peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches....you'll begin the 2nd drive.
After walking the roads for about 1.5 miles...you enter a 200 long patch of woods and fields....mostly wide open fields.

You will drive this and roughly again, 4 hrs and your finished. 7pm is dinner...Italian House specialties....then a few drinks, DVD's, fireplace....all relaxing as Mike plays the ever thoughtful hostess in one of his elegant evening gowns.....Pink of course...

Yupper...some lucky bowhunter will have the time of his life and learn the true meaning of Serpentining for Whitetails.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©