INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: The Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2008 (FINAL THANKYOU!!)  (Read 94626 times)

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2008 (FINAL THANKYOU!!)
« Reply #340 on: January 12, 2008, 09:54:00 AM »
See you in a few hours bud. I love warm ups, they help take some of the edge off of the long wait for the real deal.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #341 on: January 12, 2008, 12:22:00 PM »
I am going out in the morning with Ishiwannabe and Nomad88 plus Calvin a newbie to shoot some bunnies, or at least try!!! OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #342 on: January 12, 2008, 04:20:00 PM »
So? How did you guys do on your Warm Up Bunny Hunts? ...  Me? ... Stuck at home workin' on the "honey do" list ...   :(   ...

BUT! ... Next weekend I'll be up at my place in the Catskills doin' my own Warm Up! Any of you fellas in the area are welcome to join me. Just send me a PM before Friday night so I can give you all the info you'll need to find my house. I don't have a PC in my hunting hide away.

... mike ...   :archer:   ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #343 on: January 12, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »
Mike, I am up for that for sure just give me a time!! Even if we just shoot some, my shoulder is trashed so I mind as well just keep going until the knife comes out. I have my new Shafer all tuned up and it needs to be broke in with some old friends. I will call Curt and drag him along too!! Should be nice, make sure ya have at least one of them 3D targets around in case game is scarce!! A warm up with the little guy!!! OOOOHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #344 on: January 12, 2008, 06:32:00 PM »
Shawn, it will be a pleasure to have you at my place! If all goes well (no major snow storm to keep me at work) I should be there early Saturday AM the latest. Check your PMs for more info.

oh oh oh OOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!! YEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

... mike ...

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #345 on: January 12, 2008, 08:05:00 PM »
Well our warm up was a blast. Sonny worked his but off. We chased what I think was the same rabbit for over three hours. He was just running in big circles but never left the area and never holed up. Towards the end the the bunny was so tired he would only go a little way then stop. But as tired as he was we will be able to run him again. Oh ya we took seven shots at him and came real close with a couple !!!! OOOHHHHHHH YYYYAAAAA
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #346 on: January 12, 2008, 08:20:00 PM »
We are having a warm up in the morning as well at Ishiwannabes house. Shoul dbe a great time, no snow or maybe a tad in the woods but we will have Elma Fudd, Nomad88s and my daughters beagle to help us out. I may even bring ol' Ben. He will be 17 in 5 days but he will want to go, so we will see. Should be bunnies as jamies place has almost as many as mine. We will post an update, ganna say the heck with it and carry the Shafer, after all they are made to hunt with and all great bows need some character and not just the guy shooting it!! Mikey should be a blast, I will drag some guys along as well!! OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #347 on: January 12, 2008, 08:23:00 PM »
That's right every good dent or scratch has a story that you will remember. Battle scars !!!!!!
Go get em.
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #348 on: January 12, 2008, 11:19:00 PM »
Guys more great news, Steve(jacobsladder) is putting together his Michigan bunny stomp and we got talking. He is gonna send the proceeds from his raffle to me and we can combine our donations and that way Doug will not have to do twice as much paper work getting the money to the kids and every one wins. The guys from the JLMBH are shooting for $3000 this year and the stompers are new at this so we can hope for the best, either way how cool is that!! All I can say is: OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #349 on: January 12, 2008, 11:25:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  to Steve......OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Off to bed now, Hunter and I are off to a local 3D in the morning, later in the week a friend and I are planning a trip north for a day of snowshoe hare hunting!  (Takes 3 hours to get there, almost as long as it takes to get to Shawn's from here!!!)

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #350 on: January 13, 2008, 08:39:00 AM »
Like Bob said we had a blast, even though Sonny was whipped Joe had all he could do to hold him back when we arrived in Brent's yard. It seems there had been a bunny there just a short time before we showed up. As always we had a good time with our Trad Gang friends, can't wait till we meet up again. Those bunnies must have been toting a couple extra lucky rabbit's feet I know they felt the breeze on more than a couple occasions when the arrows whizzed past. They sure were spooky you could not get away with any movement or they would turn and bolt giving you no chance for a shot. I like my dumb yard rabbits they let me get away with more movement   :bigsmyl:

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #351 on: January 13, 2008, 12:03:00 PM »
Jim, you really should try to post that video clip of Joe trying to hold sonny back. It's hysterical! It may not be great quality but folks will get the point.  :)
Next time if there's snow those bunnies are in trouble!
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #352 on: January 13, 2008, 12:20:00 PM »
We got out there today and had some fun. Shawn, Damon, myself and the nototrious Mrs. Fudd saw quite a few rabbits, Damon walking away the winner. It took three arrows, but we finally put em down for good.

Now notice the shot placement on those two arrows. The first of Damon's shot took him between the eyes. Three good shots, two judos and a steel blunt....who says rabbits are easy to kill?

Then we found some deer sign.

Then we crossed the road to hunt behind my house. We saw more bunnies, but couldnt hunt the good stuff too long as the landowner was out with his friends bird hunting, so we circled back and called it a day. All in all, a great warm up hunt. OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Now if Damon will just stop hogging the bunnies...
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #353 on: January 13, 2008, 12:30:00 PM »
Brent I emailed Terry to see if he could do it for us.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #354 on: January 13, 2008, 12:32:00 PM »
Nice! Glad you had some action.    :thumbsup:    Great Shooting!

We all should be getting some snow real soon. It will keep me at work late for a couple of days. Then....... Warm Up At My Place In Cornwallville!    :)    The Tree Rats are in trouble!    :eek:    Might get lucky in those heavy pines and see a snowshoe or even a hungry coyote. Can't wait for next weekend!

... mike ...    :campfire:   ...

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #355 on: January 13, 2008, 12:35:00 PM »
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! We had a blast, if we had snow we would of no doubt taken more shots. jamie has some good guntin' grounds there. Damon has become a rabbit killing machine, as Jamie said he tok out both eyes with the first shot and while we were waiting for Elma, Damon moved in to get the bunny, but it started to move off and I believe Jamie put one in it and than Damon finished it. I do not know what it is, but these NY bunnies are tough. The Shafer came thru perfect, we shot lots of stumps and leaves and whatever presented a shot. Ask Jamie about an old Marlboro pack laying along the old road. We are getting snow tonight and more on Friday, we need all we can get, as I said if we had snow we would of had a lot more shots. Great day with some great buds!!! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #356 on: January 13, 2008, 01:02:00 PM »
I should also say Jamies place was loaded with rubs and a lot of them were like that pic. I think I will havwe to get down there and do a hunt or two next year!  :bigsmyl:  OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #357 on: January 13, 2008, 01:18:00 PM »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!! YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

Gotta Hunt Soon!  :banghead:  Gotta Get In The Woods!  :banghead:  You fellas that live out of the city are lucky. Just shootin' my bow in the driveway ain't enough......  :(  ...

... mike ...

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #358 on: January 13, 2008, 01:43:00 PM »
Soon Mike....soon.
Shawn...kinda figured you might want to do that. Just bring your turkey tags too as I almost always see them from the stand.
A little over a month......OOOOOHHHH YYYYYEEEEEAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #359 on: January 13, 2008, 02:34:00 PM »
Guys anyone who has a PM regarding Killdeer please send it to me. I asked Admin, to fix a problem with my incoming PMs and I lost about 30 I had sent out. This hurts bad, please respond! OOOOHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©