INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: The Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2008 (FINAL THANKYOU!!)  (Read 94695 times)

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2008 (FINAL THANKYOU!!)
« Reply #440 on: January 18, 2008, 06:56:00 AM »
it will be my first time at this hunt allthough i have followed it since the beginging by reading Tradgang. so much has been said about how wonderful a person your father is and i look VERY FOWARD to meeting him, it would be an honor to share a hunt with such a great man. Mr. Leonard, you sir have all my respect and it will be a pleasure to meet you!  :readit:    :campfire:    :archer:
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline 3dmuzzy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #441 on: January 18, 2008, 09:22:00 AM »
Mr.Leonard Is what I call "true grit" On my first hunt at shawns he was busting brush with the best of them.They say the Apple dosen't fall far from the tree.Just Good folks all around and proud to call them my friends. >>>>----> ED  :campfire:
Put some air under it.

Offline allanburden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #442 on: January 18, 2008, 10:56:00 AM »
I've been watching this thread and lmao wishing there was someway I could go on this hunt...but I do want to say a thank you to woodchucker for his dancin cause he sent snow all the way to SC...heck we darn near had blizzard conditions for us, with 2 inches of the white stuff in 12 hours  :biglaugh:  Just make sure you keep up the stories for us poor saps that don't get to tag along.
"Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." Ernest Hemingway

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #443 on: January 18, 2008, 11:20:00 AM »
My first Bunny Hunt,was the second one that Shawn had.....

I missed the first one,Joe Skipp told me about it about 3 days before it happened and told me it was for "members only". After the first Bunny Hunt,I joined TradGang and followed the "Bunny Hunt" thread vowing to attend "next year".....

On the second Bunny Hunt,we pushed a VERY thick hillside that was completely COVERED with multiflora rose bushes.I remember starting the drive with Mr.Leonard on my right,and David on my left.About half way through both David and I were hopelessly entangled.David ended up throwing his bow to whoever was below him,covered his face and "bull-dozed" through.Somehow I managed to bust my way through the thicket and came out into the open woods to find.....

Old "Pop" Leonard.....sittin' on a log,looking like he had been there for hours.      :confused:    

As I looked at him with that WHERE THE HELL DID YOU COME FROM look on my face,he just looked at me and smiled and said "it's pretty thick in there,isn't it".

Yes My Friends.....He is a tough one!!!!! I can't wait to see him again!!!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #444 on: January 18, 2008, 02:21:00 PM »
O.K.!!! Shawn, Dad, Jamie and Company:

Gonna hit the road out of the city in about an hour. Call me at my place tonight. I'll PM my phone number to ya. (Don't want Chuck to call me in the middle of the night) ...   :p   ... If there isn't too much snow I'll set up the 3D course. I'm glad you are having dad tag along. We should have a good time.....Hunting......Shooting......Stumping.....Being together with friends!

Drive Safe! See Ya Saturday!

... mike ...   :archer:   ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #445 on: January 18, 2008, 02:43:00 PM »
Mikey...pick up Woodchucker and turn him loose up there for some Snow Dancin...No more than 6-8" of fresh powder would be nice for the hunt.

If the snow starts coming down in large flakes, very rapidly....shoot him!  :scared:    :rolleyes:  

Team Pink will be proud of ya......  :eek:    :saywhat:
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #446 on: January 18, 2008, 05:01:00 PM »
I'm tellin' ya Joe, I'm comin' out there early if he keeps it up, every time I see a post of him with

I'M DANCIN!!!  I'M DANCIN!!!

I end up shovelling or having to pay a plow truck to clear me out!!!!  :banghead:    :banghead:  

I don't know what we created last year, Hunter wants pink fletching on his arrows so he can be part of Team Pink too!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #447 on: January 18, 2008, 07:17:00 PM »
Hey David.....How much did ya git?????   :bigsmyl:

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #448 on: January 18, 2008, 07:39:00 PM »
Only 4" this time, but doesn't really matter when it's on top of what we already have!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #449 on: January 18, 2008, 09:01:00 PM »
Shawn... us michigan boys have been talking about a ny trip... might happen next year!!!

as long as im back by mid february to do the MICHIGAN BUNNY STOMP !!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #450 on: January 18, 2008, 09:32:00 PM »
We would love to have you Michigan boys and you would not have to woory, my hunt is the 3rd. weekend in Feb. every year. I am geting Hope and Faith in a couple weeks too. I am gonna be shooting those for a few days before the hunt. JC sent me some feathers and I made upsome arrows that should fly great off of them and may have more coming form a sponsor, gonna call jamie in the morning about getting dad down there for a couple hours and shooitng a bit with the midget, ooh I mmmean Mikey. Gonna be getting cold so bunnies may be out and about. Kathy send me your addy as we are getting your tickets tomorrow. Bunnies better beware as I my chiropractor is getting me to the point i can actually shoot a bit with only severe pain, should be a dull roar by the bunny hunt. I also want you guys to know if you are near Albany NY stop in at Lemmes Archery, Mario is a great guy and has more Trad stuff than any shop within 80 miles. He has donated quite a bit to the hunt already and  I believe will have shafts and other stuff for the table. Great people  on here and all over and I want to Thank everyone for making this such a great time before I forget!! Thanks and a big, OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #451 on: January 18, 2008, 09:45:00 PM »
Hey Shawn could you e-mail me directions to the hunt and Lemmes please. It's looking real good that I'll make it this year.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #452 on: January 18, 2008, 09:52:00 PM »
Everyone Mapquest 16 Old School Rd. Selkirk NY 12143. I will post directions from exit 23 of the NYS Thru-Way near the Hunt. David take the Northway to exit 2W this brings you out to Central Ave.(RTE.5)west go approximately 2.5 miles and Lemmes is on the left hand side, I will get an addy up tomorrow. It is about 45 minutes or so form Glens Falls. We will have about 60 or so at the hunt! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Peter Smith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #453 on: January 18, 2008, 10:12:00 PM »
Regrets this year Shawn,

I had such an awesome time last year, bustin brush and chasing those little bunnies. Hope you guys kill a ton of em. But, in the mean time, Have a great time!

Bob and Tom,

let me know if you have a warm up shoot, I may be able to make one of those.

Pete Smith
You get what you get.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #454 on: January 19, 2008, 06:05:00 AM »
That is too bad Pete, we were looking forward to seeing you again. Joe and I went to one warm up last weekend hopefully we'll get to see you at the next one.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #455 on: January 19, 2008, 08:22:00 AM »
Pete sorry to hear you will not make it this year, hopefully next. I hope it just warms up the heck with warm up hunts, just kidding!! It is supposed to be 30 below with the windchill tomorrow and not get too warm all week. We need a bit more snow though as we only haveabout 2"s on the ground. One more good storm about the 10th. 10 or 12th. of Feb. would be perfect. OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #456 on: January 19, 2008, 10:37:00 AM »
I'm workin' on it.....   :thumbsup:

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #457 on: January 19, 2008, 11:03:00 AM »
Lookin forward to seein your dad agian Shawn I',ve been wondering how he was.

Not sure when for the next warm up this weekend would be a cold one LOL I'll probably make it out to exercise the dog but not for a long run and maybe not with my bow since thats what I've had the last 3 hunts
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #458 on: January 19, 2008, 11:21:00 AM »
I am not gonna make Mikeys today as some stuff has come up, which stinks. I am gonna get Dad out though this afternoon for an hour close to home, can ya say Rabbit Valley? I have the Shafer dialed in and will carry that today, shot the bunny with the Arroyo Weds. Tomorrow Cindy and I are off to get a room and watch the games far awy from everyone, we need a get-a-way and this will be it. Hopefully, I kill another bunny today and that will give me 3 which should feed us tonight!!! OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #459 on: January 19, 2008, 01:57:00 PM »
Good luck Shawn!!Think I am gonna grab my LB for a quick jaunt down the rd save the other for tomorrow
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©