INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: The Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2008 (FINAL THANKYOU!!)  (Read 94696 times)

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2008 (FINAL THANKYOU!!)
« Reply #460 on: January 19, 2008, 04:12:00 PM »
Good luck guys.....looking forward to seeing your dad again Shawn, I know where your toughness come from, that's for sure......

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Mrs Stickman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #461 on: January 19, 2008, 05:59:00 PM »
After reading all the posts on this shindig, I am only sorry I can't be there.  The cause is great and it sounds like those who are attending will b top notch.  We will be sending some stuff for you to use in the raffle or wherever you need it.

Bust some bunnies for us!
"Brown dogs make the best BOWCHERY dogs"

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #462 on: January 19, 2008, 06:51:00 PM »
Bowspirit and myself will be making arrows and busting bunnies tomorrow morning in a warm up hunt. looks like its going to be a cold, windy one though!  :scared:   i think Chuck zigged when he was supposed to zag in the snow dance!  :readit:
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #463 on: January 19, 2008, 07:19:00 PM »
Spent the afternoon stumpin' today outa my place in Cornwallville. Had alot of fun. Glad my Griffin likes both woddies and 2016's. Them white birch logs took a good pounding. Bunnies are in trouble, if they stay still.  :rolleyes:  Made some great looooong shots. Don't we all when we are alone? No distractions.

Anyway, I'm back in the Bronx now and happy to be home with my wife. But, gonna be dreaming about the JLMBH tonight..... after I take care of bin-ness!  :jumper:

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #464 on: January 19, 2008, 07:25:00 PM »
Wow, everyone is stepping up and helping out! Thankyou Mrs Stickman(Mellisa) we appreciate it. Thanks to Mike at Mikesarcheryleather too, he donated a bunch of stuff and Killy is bringing it along with her. Speaking of Killy, I just booked her flight and sent her the info, she will be flying in on the 14th, Valentines Day. I will be picking her up at the airport and getting her settled in to a nice room in Glenmont. dad had been reading along and enjoying the thread. Took a short walk as it was getting cold and we jumped 4 bunnies and I had 3 shots, all running and all misses. I have been busy making arrows and flu-flus as well. Danny Rowan the most generous man on earth sent me some shafts and I will turn them into arrows for the table, so a big Thanks to Danny!! It also looks like we will have some other great stuff coming but I have to work out the details, but one has to do with cleaned skulls and other great stuff. I go the certificate from  www.rerbows.com  today, $250 off any in stock or custom order, now all this deserves a big, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #465 on: January 19, 2008, 07:40:00 PM »
Shawn, It's great that your Dad is getting out !!! He's the man. On one bunny hunt Meathook and I were on that thick hillside by briarback hill. Meathook plowed through some super thick stuff and stopped to catch his breath when up comes your Dad. He says what are you doing, Meathook says hunting rabbits,your Dad says not standing there your not and heads into the the thick stuff ! I also remember the day he almost bounced us out of the truck. Your Dad's a special guy and is the iceing on the bunny hunt for me.
OOOHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAA
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #466 on: January 19, 2008, 10:20:00 PM »
OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #467 on: January 20, 2008, 10:05:00 AM »
It's COLD!!!!!!!!!! now we need some SNOW!!!!!!!!!!   :bigsmyl:

"Not Standing There You're Not" - "Pop" Leonard

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Peter Smith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #468 on: January 20, 2008, 10:12:00 AM »
We havent gotten anything in my area at all, other than a dusting. But I saw Syracuse getting womped by snow on the news!

Shawn,

Im goen to try and send something for the table with Bob and Tom if I can.

Pete

Pete
You get what you get.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #469 on: January 20, 2008, 10:29:00 AM »
Pete, that would be greatly appreciated!! this year we are shooting for $3000 for the kids. To think from where we came, a one day hunt with 17 guys and "Mo" to this a two day hunt with 60 plus guys and gals and raising well over $5000 for the kids along the way!! Thanks to all you great people who contribute to this hunt and this site!! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #470 on: January 20, 2008, 12:47:00 PM »
Shawn....
    the shoot is a Long way from CA. butt I'll be there in spirit.......
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #471 on: January 20, 2008, 04:07:00 PM »
Mike, Maybe you and your hunting partner Bill can get together and get yor butts here next year. He lived only a couple hrs away and never made it! But I know he'd like to get back here for it sometime..

Thanx for your generosity   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #472 on: January 20, 2008, 05:05:00 PM »
Had a warm-up bunny hunt with adkmountainken today. 4 bunnies seen and one shot on my part. May have actually hit the little blighter had he been standing still rather than running, since my arrow sped right by where he had been moments before...all-in-all, one heck of a fun day...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #473 on: January 20, 2008, 06:32:00 PM »
With less than a month away...I'm calling Woodchucker tomorrow to place my order.

Two years ago we had bitter cold weather to hunt in...year before rain...last year..our dancing "Bunny" brought us 3 ft. Its time we all email Woodchucker and voice our opinions on what we would like to see.

My order....30 degrees...no strong winds...and about 8" of fresh powder would be nice. Bring plenty of Gatorade and carry a few bananas with you. Those leg cramps can be very unforgiving...especially when busting through Briarback Mtn.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #474 on: January 20, 2008, 07:46:00 PM »
Leg cramps....what are those?????    :knothead:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #475 on: January 20, 2008, 07:55:00 PM »
Joe has the right idea   :thumbsup:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Alex.B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #476 on: January 20, 2008, 08:10:00 PM »
My "JLMBH Auction stuff" corner is growing dangerously big    :eek:   If by any chance any of you finds out I'm re-giftin' something you gave me, too bad. Get over it, it's for the kids     :knothead:    
ooooooh oui oui oui!!

cheers   :)    :)    :)    

Alex
tgmm, tanj, compton, bha

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #477 on: January 20, 2008, 08:26:00 PM »
Yeah,it would be nice if Chuck could do a little jig and whip up conditions like those,Joe.Chuck must have been leading a Conga line to drum up all that snow last year.Really looking forward to the hunt and seeing everyone again...and I'll have my son with me so he can see what a great get together this is.We braved the cold today and went bunny hunting...only saw 1 and I took a running shot and missed.We were both a little bummed we didn't see more and I told him that there are a lot more bunnys up at the Leonards'.

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #478 on: January 20, 2008, 09:23:00 PM »
Jeff looks like Tyler is really getting into it.. Very cool..Lookin forward to hunting with him..Molly and I got a bunny the other day..This is gonna be good..

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #479 on: January 20, 2008, 10:20:00 PM »
Yeah,Tuck,I'm glad he's into it.Sounds like Molly is getting to be quite the bunny buster...congrats on that and the bunny.When we gettin' together for a warmup hunt.Would really like to hit that spot in Wawarsing...that place was crawling with them last time,huh?The Tilson spot just ain't producing much.Got an extra ticket for the Game Dinner if you're interested,let me know.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©