INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: The Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2008 (FINAL THANKYOU!!)  (Read 94713 times)

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2008 (FINAL THANKYOU!!)
« Reply #480 on: January 20, 2008, 10:39:00 PM »
Count me in on the game dinner..Warm up I can do The 30th or the 31st Let me know.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #481 on: January 21, 2008, 09:53:00 AM »
Get sick for a few days and ya miss a whole chapter...
This thing looks huge. Im getting ready.
Mike, I will get them out to ya in the next week or so, depending on my progress. Again, sorry I was too ill to make it this past weekend. If you end up checking on your cabin at all before the big unt, letme know we will hook up....or if ya need me to check on it, just ask.
Shawn, when is the next warm up taking place? I have hand warmers.  :D
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #482 on: January 21, 2008, 01:38:00 PM »
I have to agree about the weather, we want it overcast if it is that warm also. Bunnies sit on there holes on real bright days. I have been doing some scouting and huntin' and we need to bring a couple water jugs or something with us on the push thru the Rabbit Valley, everyone(who has hunted before)knows the little drainage that comes from the field behind the house and runs into the RV, well there are 3 holes there that we need to plug before we start the push. Last week I had at least 8 bunnies get into those holes and one had my arrow in it. There is lots of bunnies and I have not hunted the greenhouses and Briarback but once. The Island of trees looks loaded and Jamie, Damon and I did just one of the 3 valleys leading to the Honey Hole and saw 10-12 in there alone. It keeps getting better the closer it gets!! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #483 on: January 21, 2008, 07:19:00 PM »
Jamie, what day after work is good for you? I can hunt any day this week and be down by no later than 4pm. which gives us over an hour. OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #484 on: January 21, 2008, 07:54:00 PM »
Heck Shawn, we can just put a stander on each of those holes and have a suprise waiting for Mr Rabbit when he gets there!  :scared:

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Tim Kosteczko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #485 on: January 21, 2008, 07:55:00 PM »
hey shawn, just got settled back in at school and beck on the computer and WOW i cant even think about catching up with this thread, but i am planing on coming up friday night but could be there friday if you need help with anything, just let me know. I think ill be bringin dad along too. count down is getin low...
Tim

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #486 on: January 21, 2008, 08:01:00 PM »
Sounds great Tim, I will let ya know what is going on as we get closer!! David, I have seen standers trying to gaurd those holes, bunnie still runs over their feet down the holes. I learned that trick when training coon hounds, used to climb the tree and shake the coon out, so when it hit the ground the dog could run it again. Used to have a lot get down holes and than ya would have to drag the dog away and drive to a new area. We would rest a bit(coon got rested too!)and look for holes and stuff something in them, works for bunnies too!! Hoping to get with Jamie and Damon this week for another tune-up! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #487 on: January 21, 2008, 08:03:00 PM »
No shots offered on Sat,Sonny picked one up on the left side and I figured for sure it'd come back around and try for the hole not far away.It came around but swung short of me so I moved up to the middle while Sonny ran the pines on the left side up to the top and back down only to have the bunny cut even shorter about 80 yrds out and back into the pines so I ran up to the edge of the pines and waited only to see Sonny cutting across the back yrds and the bunny hoppin out headin for the far rd.....had to call him off the bunny won again LOL

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=29;t=000001

Very first bunny hunt 8 of us in 04 it's gotten a little bigger since then oooooooooohhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhh
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #488 on: January 21, 2008, 08:23:00 PM »
I remember reading that thread Tom and right then and there trying to weigh whether or not it was worth it to drive all the way to NY to hunt rabbits........man I am sure glad I made the trip the following year, wouldn't miss it for the world now, so thank all eight of you for getting this going.  :thumbsup:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #489 on: January 21, 2008, 08:28:00 PM »
It was abotu one month later that we did the first hunt down here. It was than the Southern NY Bunny Hunt!! We got two bunnies on that one!! Great memories and great guys, Tom, Bob, Curt, Nanook, Brian(recurver) and I were there for the start of this whole she-bang!! OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #490 on: January 21, 2008, 09:02:00 PM »
I will check  for my scheduled "baby duty" and shoot ya a pm sometime tomorrow Shawn. Of course that all depends on whether or not he is actually getting better now, poor little guy.

I just wanted to reiterate how awesome last year was for a "first timer". My observations:You meet a ton of great people. Eat some awesome food. Hunt some rough bunny country. Eat some more great food. And then you have the raffle...seems like everyone walks away with new friends, full stomachs, sore legs, and something wonderful from the raffle table. Then you repeat everything but the raffle the next day.
It was my first real introduction to trad bows and I got hooked. If you are thinking about trying to make it....try harder. Come once, you will come back. That simple.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline nanook712

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #491 on: January 21, 2008, 09:12:00 PM »
Can't forget Meathook and Walkingstick too. Yep it was as cold as it was snowy. Whats remarkable I think is that it was a fairly rare thing back then for strangers to meet over the Internet and get together like that. The shareing of knowledge and the ease we can meet and stay in touch make this a great place to hang out.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #492 on: January 21, 2008, 09:15:00 PM »
OKAY!!! We got another good one coming, not a person but a donation. Frank(Sticshooter) is sending one of his knives for the table, he does some nice work, so if ya need a knife or antler limb bolts please talk to Frank. He and Shell have donated the last few years and we all love their stuff. He just PM'ed me to tell me it won't be long now!! This one is gonna be for Frank->>>------> OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #493 on: January 21, 2008, 10:11:00 PM »
Just got a call from my mom in Fla. and she's mailing up a hand knitted blanket for the table done in team pink.I havn't seen it yet should be here in a few days.

Anybody heard from Meat or Walkingstick? It's always nice to see the friends made along the way
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #494 on: January 22, 2008, 05:30:00 AM »
Frank and Shell WILL be there, right?  :bigsmyl:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #495 on: January 22, 2008, 02:19:00 PM »
Jaimie..I guess winning a new bow wasn't bad either   :clapper:
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #496 on: January 22, 2008, 02:21:00 PM »
Trading blanket will be out yes? I may have a few bows in need of homes.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #497 on: January 22, 2008, 03:21:00 PM »
Dave are you making it for sure? I'm looking forward to meeting you.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #498 on: January 22, 2008, 04:09:00 PM »
Frank and Shell WILL be there, right?  :bigsmyl:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #499 on: January 22, 2008, 06:35:00 PM »
Kathy did ya get the PM or check them it shows as unread. You are all booked and ready to go!! No Frank and shell but they will be there in spirit. We do not do a trading blanket as we just have to much going on. This is about the hunt still and the kids get a great benefit but I do not want to start anything more than we have going on now, so no Trading Blanket. Another bit of good news John from Sipsey river sent a bunch of weight tubes for carbon express arrow for the table, so make sure ya visit his website on the sponsors page, he has some great prices on a ton of stuff!! Thanks John!! OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©