INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: The Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2008 (FINAL THANKYOU!!)  (Read 94955 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2008 (FINAL THANKYOU!!)
« Reply #560 on: January 24, 2008, 05:28:00 PM »
I think Curt is talking work, but ya know ya can call in sick!! You can claim mental illness and you would not be off the mark as missing this hunt will make ya crazy!! david, they are selling them again and I will check to make sure in the next week or so. Lots of activity on here the last 24hrs., people must be getting ready. Killy, like those arrows and talking of crowns for them I have some great news once again. i got home today and there was another package. It was from Scott and Mindy Hesterly(Onestringer) they sent me 13 dozen of there custom wraps, some that say Bunny Bangers and guess what? Some are Hot Pink, I may have to make up a half dozen woodies for the table using them. They also sent some of the snake skin ones and severall other styles, if ya have not tried there wraps, you ought too!!  I really like them and they are easy to use. They will be on the raffle table for all to have a shot at!! A big Thanks to them!!! OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #561 on: January 24, 2008, 05:32:00 PM »
Originally posted by Huntrdfk:
Ok, I was holding off on this, but I'll do it now.......as most of you know I apply for a Maine moose permit every year, and Maine require that if you are going to have a subpermittee, you must list him at the time of the application.  As part of that, I have started a drawing after the raffle where I draw a name of an attendee of the hunt to be listed as my subpremittee, so, if you want a chance to hunt moose in Maine with me if I were to get drawn, here is your chance.

First, you have to be available Sept 22-28, and Oct 13-18, as those are the time I will be applying.

At the hunt I will have a signup sheet if you want to participate, please only do so if you are available.

I will draw the name right after the raffle ends......

Just a quick note on the Maine moose hunt should we be drawn, the permit fee for a nonresident moose permit is
                    $477.00

Just thought everyone should know.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #562 on: January 24, 2008, 06:31:00 PM »
I have to bring more moeny this year.  :jumper:
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #563 on: January 24, 2008, 07:36:00 PM »
Me too Jamie!!!!!!

Shawn I figured Curt was taking about work, but I had to let him know how much he's loved!!!!  :cool:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #564 on: January 24, 2008, 07:44:00 PM »
Dave...you forgot to mention Team Pink gets a discount on the tag....$477.00 for non members, Team Pink only pays $1.25....  :archer:
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #565 on: January 24, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »
I just have a few questions for our ring leader Shawn:

1- Are ya gonna tie down the out house this year? Last year it almost tipped over  :scared:  when I got in it!

2- Are ya gonna keep a heater in the out house this year? I hope not cause there's nothing worse than having to smell extra-hot $#!& after 50 guys beat me in there!  :eek:

3- Are ya gonna have clean/dry toilet paper in the out house this year? Hope so cause last year I got stuck without any and... well... David was walking close by and... Just ask him what happened to his new hat!  :p

... mike ...  :D  ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #566 on: January 24, 2008, 07:54:00 PM »
:clapper:
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #567 on: January 24, 2008, 07:59:00 PM »
Yeah Mike, but it was ok after I washed it.....  :bigsmyl:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #568 on: January 24, 2008, 08:05:00 PM »
Yes! You did wash it David... After Joe wore it all day Sunday thinking it was an ASAT camo pattern watch cap! Geezzzzz.....

... mike ...  :D  ...

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #569 on: January 24, 2008, 08:14:00 PM »
:scared:    :scared:  There goes my inspiration to but any ASAT when I'm in NY!!!!!!!!!  :eek:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #570 on: January 24, 2008, 08:22:00 PM »
The reminds me...I'm thinking all the members of team pink should all wear ASAT...just in a pink shade...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #571 on: January 24, 2008, 08:25:00 PM »
Oh, and to answer the question Chuck posted at the beginning of pg. 38...Bear Montana longbow, #65@30". Thunderhorn mini-boa bow quiver, loaded up with ramin shafts. As far as tips are concerned, .38 casings with sharpened C-clips and sharpened wingnuts...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #572 on: January 24, 2008, 08:44:00 PM »
O.K., O.K. I'm gonna use my "new to me" 56" Griffin longbow with a mini boa quiver holding woodies or maybe 2016s tipped with ace hex bunny busters.

... mike ...  :archer:  ...

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #573 on: January 24, 2008, 09:09:00 PM »
Anyway, Me and the Adirondack black beagle got out for a warm up today. She ran two. We got one of them. Heart shot. Sorry no pix she a top secret breed...Tdog

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #574 on: January 24, 2008, 09:36:00 PM »
Fred, that is very cool. Damon and I are going out tomorrow after work for an hour or so! We are gonna hunt by the greenhouses, maybe we will find all those arrows guys lost in there, I am sure at least 2 dozen were lost for sure. Did ya see my post about the wraps? SWEET!! I will be carrying my new to me Shafer, I am shooitng it good for not shooting too much lately. I also picked up another 85 acres of prime bunny territory, so if we get crowded, we can go there. It would be a guided hunt as I have never hunted it, but the guy who owns it would walk with us and set up the pushes. I know there is lots of bunnies there as he and  abud got 9 last weekend. What can I say bit it gets better everyday!! By the way I shot some in Nicole and Damon's basement, almost 20 yards indoors!! OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #575 on: January 25, 2008, 05:26:00 AM »
You "haven't shot much lately"....what does that mean,you only shot 400 arrows in the last week?    :goldtooth:

I guess I better get shootin',I've only shot about 10 arrows since getting back from my hunt.....Are we going to Tollgate bud?
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #576 on: January 25, 2008, 10:04:00 AM »
Curt
LMAO..  :clapper:
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #577 on: January 25, 2008, 10:05:00 AM »
Mikey
I thought you told me when we shook hands that was brown paint you could not get off from one the things on your Honey Due List ??   :confused:  

Anyway  what  56" ????
Dont you mean your new Super Ultra Mini Griffin Short Recurve which is actually 56mm and not 56"? It's the model sold with the new Bowhunter G I Joe's and Ken Dolls    :bigsmyl:
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #578 on: January 25, 2008, 12:33:00 PM »
Dont you mean your new Super Ultra Mini Griffin Short Recurve which is actually 56mm  
Anyone remember those little troll dolls? I think they had a small bow for those to   :bigsmyl:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #579 on: January 25, 2008, 07:06:00 PM »
I may make Toll-Gate but not sure. Damon and I went out today after work. It was incredible!! We hunted by the Greenhouses, and what we experienced was awesome!! We saw 23 rabbits and Damon got 6 or 7 shots and I got nine. I had one sitting at about 45 yards and shot 3"s high, that was my easiest shot. The rest were all running thru thick stuff. Damon made a great and I mean great shot at a running bunny. We had just put out 5 or 6 in about 30 yards and Damon was coming over to cross a fence, when I said be ready. The bunny come out and he was doing 60, as he went by damon at about 10 ft., he swung with it and let fly, drilled him!! He was trying to dive on the bunny and I was yelling get out of way as I had a nice clear shot but to late off the bunny went with Damons 3 orange fletches bouncing with it. I managed a shot when it cleared Damon but missed. We jumped it again and Damon found his arrow but no bunny. We went back thru and got a bunch more shots but again no bunnies, Damon did miss a long running shot by an inch, the bunny went out across the pasture and swung towards the piece we always push first, Damon let fly and at about 40 yards missed by a hare(get it) and than I cut loose, bam my arrow hit a tree deflected and exploded on a metal post coming up out of the ground. All in all it was a great time and as we were walking back to the truck Damon turns and says  "It sucks it has to get dark!" I have to agree!! OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©