INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Workin up a Texas Sweat Hog - PICS from Mitch pg 4  (Read 21565 times)

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Workin up a Texas Sweat Hog - PICS from Mitch pg 4
« Reply #220 on: February 27, 2008, 09:18:00 AM »
That is classic!!!  I am going to have to print that pic of Brent and stick it up on the board at Kent Arms (the store Hormoan runs)!!!    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #221 on: February 27, 2008, 09:38:00 AM »

Joe, this is a little better but Vance is still hiding. The witness protection plan I think!
hunt it

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #222 on: February 27, 2008, 10:28:00 AM »
Just remember DOc and Brent, I had NOTHING to do with the surfacing of that picture !
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #223 on: February 27, 2008, 12:16:00 PM »
Sure Jeff Sure    :thumbsup:   However if the video does. We know who   :biglaugh:

Offline benzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #224 on: February 27, 2008, 12:56:00 PM »
Thanks, That will make the perfect target for the "runner" at league tonight.

"Shoot Brent in the arse and win the money!"

HAHAHAHAHA

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #225 on: February 27, 2008, 01:10:00 PM »
Rob you may even hit the runner for once, with that target  :readit:    :biglaugh:

Offline benzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #226 on: February 27, 2008, 01:12:00 PM »
I just may.

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #227 on: February 27, 2008, 01:14:00 PM »
Lets shoot together tonight, you first  :D

Offline Gary Kellar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #228 on: February 27, 2008, 01:15:00 PM »
Since my return I've enjoyed reliving all the activity we experienced during the week through this thread, and I can assure you it's never failed to take me back to those moments in time we all shared together! I feel so fortunate to have been able to participate in this event and to associate with one of the best bunch of guys I've ever been around.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this year's Sweat one of the best ever!

POP
If at first you don't succeed, do it like your wife told you to, to begin with.

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #229 on: February 27, 2008, 01:23:00 PM »
It's us who owe you, Curtis, and Charlie all the thanks.  The hunting was great, but the comraderie was as good as it gets.    :notworthy:
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #230 on: February 27, 2008, 01:38:00 PM »
I keep thinking about the camps.  A lot of planning goes into them and the style of the camp says something about the person.  Here's a pic again of John "Missouri Sherpa" Berger's camp.  He complained about "too much stuff", but I don't know if you'll see a more efficient, practical, and organized camp.  Plus, it breaks down into llama-size loads.  Now that John's switching to horses, it'll be even more comfortable.

Joe "Whip" Lasch's camp was enormously appealing because of the old-time feel.  It was obviously comfortable, too, for three big guys (and occasionally a piggie).  GGG  

Breaking camp was a busy, hectic time.  Watching Joe was better than a magic show in Vegas.  Somehow all this:

Went in here:

Joe got it done in style, though, leaving us on-lookers amazed and mystified.

Andy (the hairy black Andy) had seen it all before.  After all, he travels with Vance, and who can compete with that?    :thumbsup:  

TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #231 on: February 27, 2008, 01:39:00 PM »
It sure was good to see you Gary, I hope you got rested up. All the laughs, and joy of the days events during this hunt. Will last a lifetime of returning smiles upon my face. I'm kinda sad its over for the year, and will have to live on those fond memories. Till next year when we gather around the  :campfire:  again.

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #232 on: February 27, 2008, 01:57:00 PM »
I really enjoyed the opportunity to make hunting points for folks at the Sweat.  As the knifemakers like Doc Tippit, Robtattoo, and Doug Campbell can tell you, it's very satisfying for any craftsman to see their work put to use, and especially so in hunting.  When guys use a point I've made, I'm humbled by their trust in the tool.  I tried to get one to everyone who wanted to try one, but if anyone was inadvertently missed, please let me know and we'll try to fix that!

I had time to knap one point that wasn't intended to be functional.  No doubt that it'd make one nasty hole, though...  Not sure if it'd hurt more going in or coming out!  I made this for someone who's craftsmanship (both words and wood) I greatly admire.  Enjoy, sir!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #233 on: February 27, 2008, 02:03:00 PM »
wow brent   tmi on that pic!!
St. Joe River Bows

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #234 on: February 27, 2008, 02:04:00 PM »
that is a beautiful point there looks deadly
St. Joe River Bows

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #235 on: February 27, 2008, 02:18:00 PM »
As I have said before Woody, you make our ancesters proud. Beautiful and functional.

Donald
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #236 on: February 27, 2008, 02:19:00 PM »

Here is a little look at the broadheads I used to kill my hogs. The 300 Extreem (300gr)did a fantastic job on 7 hogs. Pass through shots were achieved on all 7 hogs. This new broadhead is one solid unit that sharpens to a razor with little effort. The other is a 180gr silver flame behind a 100gr brass insert. As well it did a great job on the one hog I used it on.

These are mere mechanical devices compared to Woodys works of art in stone. This post was just lousy timing as I had no intention of it following Woody's. Woody that serated point above is just outa this world. That belongs in a frame for sure.

I used a 75# Morrison Dakota one piece on seven of my hogs and a 64# Morrison Shawnee with Dakota limbs on one other hog.
hunt it

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #237 on: February 27, 2008, 02:49:00 PM »
Geeze Woody that is one mean\\sweet looking head  :thumbsup:  I think you infected me with knapping.  :eek:

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #238 on: February 27, 2008, 03:07:00 PM »
Mitch and i had a good hunt one afternoon, jumped a few jack rabbits and latter he whent toe to toe with a masive Boar, but was unable to get a shot off. Thanks for that Buddy   :thumbsup:  

There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #239 on: February 27, 2008, 03:16:00 PM »

Joe, here is the cropped version. The file is noe 1800k down from 2700k. It is still however much better than the 74k version. Your photo shop should beable to look at both and tell you which way to go.
hunt it

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©