INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Congrats to Fred Eichler  (Read 4866 times)

Offline Billy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Congrats to Fred Eichler
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2007, 07:50:00 PM »
Probably won't hear either of them chest thumping either.
It's like the guy who wins a medal for ??? ; he figures it was what everyone would do if faced with that series of events.
Congratulations are do for the extra effort.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Taker of the Founders Red Pill

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »
um, they don't post here often because they are busy hunting!

pete p-- I'm guessing you don't know either guy or else you wouldn't make SUCH an IGNORANT statement.  You couldn't be more wrong.  

Just because you aren't capable of doing  something doesn't mean you should run down others who HAVE.

Why do these things always have to degrade into a name calling contest.  

Both of those guys and another dozen guys that are very close have hunted HARD all accross the continent over a LIFETIME of hunting.  You don't just take every big game animal in North America because you have a lot of money.  Most don't do it to be famous (unfortunately there are bad apples in all ranks and Rick and Fred are NOT).  Most do it because they want to experience everything possible in the field and both Fred and Rick should be commended for their accomplishments not run down by morons who don't know anything about them as people or what it takes to even HUNT all 28 species.

Offline TRADITIONAL ONLY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2007, 10:13:00 PM »
congrats Fred!

(though on a different note, i feel as though im being invaded, im not sure this site is capable of TWO Trad Onlys!
(since thats what yall usually call me on here...)
If its brown its down; thats my motto.

"The great questions of the day are decided... by blood and iron"  Otto von Bismark

Offline pete p

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2007, 10:40:00 PM »
ignorant statement? or simply expressing my opinion? they are probably both very nice fellows, heck i didnt attack either one of them. lighten up folks

Offline pete p

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2007, 10:41:00 PM »
i will take accountablilty though...the thread states "congrats Fred" and i got caught up in the concept of the slam.....so, congrats Fred!!!

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2007, 11:42:00 PM »
much congrats to him!  i will get to meet him this february at a dinner i can't wait!

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2007, 02:32:00 AM »
For some reason I haven't seen his show in a long time.  What is the name of it so I can set my TIVO to record it each time it's on?

It would be something to sit around a campfire with either of those guys and just be a fly on a branch listening to the stories.  How can you NOT like a guy who started working in the Fred Bear museum and desired to be as much like him as he could?

When I look over the list of critters you have to take to accomplish the SLAM it's a wonder that anyone could do it.  I have a bad back and cannot walk very far and I just imagine the terrain and struggle it would be to take a Dall Sheep or a goat in those HIGH mountains.  I couldn't do it if there was a ski lift to the top that dropped me off.

Of modern bowhunters Fred really impresses me as a regular guy that is doing what he loves.  I'm sure the other guy is just like him and would be a helluva guy to listen to and know, I just don't know anything about him.  I also have a lot of respect for Archie Nesbitt ( I think that's his name) who hunts with wheels.  Another down to earth guy that has set P&Y records, World records and taken all kinds of different SLAM's all over the world.  Guys that have that kind of skill and determination are as rare as someone like Michael Jordan.

I'd love to see Fred come out with a DVD or something about his accomplishments.  The other guy Rick could do it too, I wouldn't mind seeing either one.
Congrats to both of them for a feat that few men or women will even come close to duplicating.

Nala

P.S.  The hunt that Fred had on TV where the momma bear came busting out of the brush at the boat he was in was absolutely something to behold.  No question he had a change of undies after that one.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2007, 05:55:00 AM »
Well said Steve...

Congrats Fred, you deserve it bud!

Hope to see you at Muzzy   :thumbsup:

Tell Michele I said hello...
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Rico

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2007, 07:03:00 AM »
I read that story also in TBM. Congradulations to both Fred and Rick and anyone else that has completed their quest.
 How many archers have accomplished the Super Slam? Not many,I would think. I know Chuck Adams was the first archer to do it has it been repeated much since?

Offline ZaneD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2007, 10:24:00 AM »
One question, in the list of all the big game species that was in TBM, why were turkeys not included?

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2007, 10:55:00 AM »
Originally posted by atlatlzoom:
 One question, in the list of all the  big game species  that was in TBM, why were turkeys not included?
you answered it yourself    :knothead:      :biglaugh:

Offline TradOnly

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Life Insurance Agent
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2007, 11:07:00 AM »
The lists can be found at
 www.outfittersworld.com/slams.html
Martin Savannah Longbow 50# @ 29"
Martin Savannah Stealth 55# @ 28"
Griffin Takedown 52# @ 28"
Easton Bloodline 330

Offline Steve Leffler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2007, 11:53:00 AM »
Congratulations Fred!  What a great personal accomplishment.  Thanks for letting all of us enjoy sharing a little piece of it with you.
Steve

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2007, 12:38:00 PM »
Congrats Fred, this mean you might be at the Muzzy next year?
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2007, 01:29:00 PM »
CONGRATS FRED!

This accomplishment is much like climbing Everest; except its harder; takes longer; you have lots to eat afterwards; and frankly nobody enjoys mounted Sherpa heads in the den.    :D
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2007, 03:08:00 PM »
Very Cool. Congrats Fred. I heard about it at the Muzzy shoot. Now you have time to come east and shoot with us next August. I'm sure your wife will let you come...Hope to see you..

Offline Eastern fisher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »
I love watching Fred on TV.  He is always SOOOO happy.  It is fun to watch how excited he gets after he harvests an animal.  I would love to actually meet Fred.  Unfortunately I live in Eastern Canada and I have as much chance of meeting him than I do in shooting a Wild Turkey here.  We do not have wild turkeys here.
A bad day of hunting is still far better than a good day at work.

Offline Featherbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »
CONGRATS FRED.  
i am in the process of killing a poor man's grand slam, a deer with a recurve, longbow and selfbow.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. - Tribe Unknown

Southern Traditional Archery

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2007, 08:23:00 PM »
I think it's great the Fred did it. He is a Trad Bow Hunter and showing others  that Trad gear will never DIE... He is Happy shooting a half rack 3 pointer as He is taking a Polar Bear...

We need more Bow Hunters like Fred ( On TV ) Seeing Him reminds me of the Old Fred Bear Shows from TV Years Past..... Great Show Fred & Congrats

P.S. Happy Holidays to You & Your Family.

Offline crandog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2007, 08:30:00 PM »
Been reading Freds articles for years.  He seems like a genuine nice guy.  Self made and humble.  I've been watching his show since it started and finally found a hero to look up to.  His lack of emphasis on "trophy hunting" is so refreshing.  Well, he always said he dreamed of chasing animals his heros had chased, now he's a hero in his own right.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©