INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: A HECK of a story for you!!!  (Read 7769 times)

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A HECK of a story for you!!!
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 07:00:00 PM »
Holy Cow sounds like a novel. You folks are lucky a semi didn't take you out in the beginning.I'm glad all is well.Tom will recover fully I hope.The angels are watching over you for sure.Oh and congrats on your hunt!

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 07:12:00 PM »
Hang Tuff TOM!!!!!!!

If there is ANYTHING I can do...let me know!!!!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2007, 07:45:00 PM »
Prayers for Tom and congratulations on the hunt.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »
Wow!  Sounds like a magical dream and then a nightmare all rolled into one.  I'm praying that everything turns out fine for Tom and this can all be a happy memory for you both!  :pray:    :pray:  
Congratulations on the deer!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »
Got you guys covered Dina. Tell Tom to do whatever they tell him. Congratulations on your hunt.
God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2007, 08:49:00 PM »
My gosh, Dina...those are high highs and low lows!  I know Paducah well...close to my home town.  I don't know if Tom is in Baptist or Lourdes, but both have excellent cardiologists on staff and competent employees, so I am confident that his care has been very good.  My parayers are with you both and I'll keep good thoughts for Tom's speedy recovery.
Blessings,

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline BOFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2007, 09:19:00 PM »
WOW!! What a scare! Praying for you and Tom!! So glad you decided to Hotel it that evening!!

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2007, 09:20:00 PM »
Thanks everyone for the well wishes and prayers..  Claudia...even though we are both Catholic we opted for Western Baptist Hospital...because the EMT's said they are the best bar none when it comes to heart problems and that that hospital had THE finest Cardiac Care Center!  

The folks in this town are wonderful!!!  While I waited during the heart cath...I was all alone...and an elderly couple came over to see if I was okay and who I was waiting to hear about.  The reason I was alone is because my brother in law who came to be with us had been admitted to the hospital...he was on the hunt with us...but was not able to hunt much due to ill health.  He had gone to the er in Maryville, Mo. and was diagonosed with diverticulitus and colitus....once they arrived in Paducah his condition worsened and he is still in the hospital.  He was suppose to be released tomorrow but now they want to run more tests and it looks like Thur. or Fri.  Anyway...I told the couple about Tom and they asked if I had any family here...I explained I did but what the new problem was....and that I had a 165 quart igloo cooler full of venison and I felt my dry ice must be about gone and did not know where to buy some.  They told me that I needed to go to the Possum Trot Ice Sales and Service and how to get there.  Then they smiled and said...they would go get it and be back within 45 minutes.  They returned with the ice and helped me get it in the cooler.

They were truly a blessing to me!!!!!!!!!

Everyone in town has been super to us!!!  Tom says all the nurses talk like Dolly Parton!   ;)
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2007, 09:30:00 PM »
Wow! You folks have it goin on! Just want you both to know that our prayers are with you.
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2007, 09:31:00 PM »
Dina, sorry to hear about Tom, give him my best, and prayers are on the way. Sounds like your in good hands there.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2007, 11:13:00 PM »
bbassi

I am confused...I did not intend to break a tradgang user agreement rule.  Since I have been a member here since the beginning...and since I do not remember everything as well as I used to...I did just go back and re-read the rules and for the life of me can't figure out what you did not like about my post.  Please let me know what I did....maybe because I named a broadhead and Tom's recurve...we used to always do that...people wanted to know...all the details.  The last few years I have posted less and less because someone always does not like the way I post or what I have to say.

For those who care to know this year I hunted with aluminum arrows and my black widow ptf.  Tom hunted carbons out of his recurve and wood ...hee hee that's right ...I said WOOD...with his shaffer silver tip longbow.  Tom did not get a deer this trip.
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2007, 11:19:00 PM »
I think he was just teasing you over not having pictures is all. Not a serious comment countrygirl.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2007, 11:36:00 PM »
Oh okay...thank you....reckon...I am over tired.
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2007, 11:38:00 PM »
Understandable. Get some rest and know we are all praying for you guys and thanks for sharing that great hunt with us.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2007, 11:53:00 PM »
Prayers going up for both of you and your brother-in-law as well. Thank you for the story it was great.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2007, 01:09:00 AM »
Wow, what a story....I hope Tom is Okay, and our prayers are with you folks.
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2007, 07:02:00 AM »
Dang Dina sounds like a heck of a trip. Mountain Peaks and valley lows kinda deal. Sorry to hear about Tom, hope everything turns out alright for him. I could come down and excercise his motorcycles for him while he's laid up.  :thumbsup:  

Take care of the little fellow and tell him we are all pulling for him.  :pray:
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2007, 07:03:00 AM »
I'll echo what everyone else is saying!
Got wood? - Tom

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2007, 07:10:00 AM »
Prayers sent for Tom Dina, it sounds like if something this had to happen on this trip you were in a good place for it to happen, take care of him and take your time finishing this one up.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2007, 07:33:00 AM »
Loved the good part of your story Dina, congratulations on your buck and doe, the rest scared me bad---anything that can make Tom need a hospital is SERIOUS. For those of you who haven't met Tom, he is one of those fellas who'd come back from a trip through Hell with the Devil's hide and horns in his pack.

My prayer is that you'll have good news on Tom to post with your pictures
"...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way..."
Jimmy Buffet from HE WENT TO PARIS

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©