INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: A HECK of a story for you!!!  (Read 7743 times)

Offline mudfish

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A HECK of a story for you!!!
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2007, 08:57:00 AM »
I stopped by the hospital again yesterday, Dina does not have a computer in the room so she might not be monitoring this.  anyway, Tom looked really good and was in good spirits, and expected to get released today

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2007, 09:15:00 AM »
That's great news!!! Thanks for the update Mudfish.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2007, 10:01:00 AM »
Awesome news! Thanks for the update.
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2007, 10:14:00 AM »
Wow what a trip, sorry to hear of all the problems Dina but congrats on the deer   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  and tell Tom to get well soon. Both of you take care and prayers sent from MT.
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline Billy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2007, 12:42:00 PM »
Tom and Dina Best Wishes and prayers for your recovery. Congrats on the good hunt and story.    
About those trucks, as I am one of "those guys"; Sorry for their rudeness. And please folks ,let us move left if we have a signal on, and you can. We won't stay out there long and someone may need the space we are trying to move away from.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Taker of the Founders Red Pill

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2007, 04:30:00 PM »
Country Girl,
    Isn't it amazing how people can come through for us when we need them the most! Perfect strangers or the ones we love the most, it doesn't matter. It was a wonderful story with a fantasticly wonderful ending. I am so happy for you all, it could have been so different. Don't feel bad for misunderstanding the joke. It was funny! And don't you ever stop posting! I am always looking for other ladies posts. I enjoy hearing how they are doing on their hunts. I often feel self conscious about my posts also. But we do need to see some pics as soon as you are able.
 :jumper:
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2007, 10:05:00 PM »
Update on Tom:

Tom got to finally come home on Saturday...and he was really glad to sit in his camoflage Catnapper recliner.  He wants me to let everyone know that both of the Hospital's that he was in as well as their staff were wonderful!  

He is not confined to bed gets up and dressed every day.  He takes short walks around our property...and keeps the deer count at the feeder when I work at night.

The surgery for his aortic valve went well...the delay on his release was due to his coumadin level being too low.  They finally got it up to 2.5 and released him.  Then it dropped to 2.2 and so they have had to increase his medication.  He can no longer eat green leafy veggies....and at this point he.... won't eat anything green.

Now the docs put him back together with superglue...no stiches or staples in his 14 inch incesion.  The glue is actually Durabond...and we figure...well... if it is that good....we want to get some to try on arrows.  The good news is that all of his arteries are clear...he needed no stints and no bypasses.  He has the mechanical valve and they say in a year he will feel about 30 years younger........so it sounds like I will be living with a younger guy!   ;)

Tom and Mike Hutchison had planned to work on building a hickory backed osage bow as soon as deer season was over...but I think that is gonna have to wait for a lil bit.  Speaking of Mike...aka Tradbow Mike...what a super friend...the day before Thanksgiving he came by the house and dropped off...2 light weight bows for Tom to start playing with when the doctors give the okay.  He also left a huge stack of books including all three Bowyers Bibles.

Tom keeps bugging me to post a pic of my eight point........and maybe I will later.  The rack was small compared to the usual ones we see there.  The deer was older...did not have many teeth....but hey he is still an eight point and my first one.
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2007, 10:09:00 PM »
Glad to hear things turned out well for Tom. Now post the pics any first deer is a trophy of high standing and deserves it's time up on the forum. Hard to tell you how awesome you are without photographic proof!    :biglaugh:
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2007, 10:22:00 PM »
LOL!!!  Okay...I will post it......

First I forgot to tell you...

Tom is tall and I am short........usually I have to work hard at keeping up with him...but it was different this year...he had to keep stopping to rest...I got very worried.  Usually he would just stop and stand there...a couple of times he was on his hands and knees...and a couple of times he had to lie down...I tried to get him to skip hunts but he wouldn't do it ...I tried to get him to go to a doctor...and he refusedto until he could get back home after the trip.  One day I looked at him and asked him if I was going to have to take him home in a pine box....he said...NO...make it Osage!

Oh Vermonster13...this is my first big buck.  I have taken 7 does and 2 button bucks with recurves.  Last year I did not get a deer because I kept waiting for a real buck.  At the 11th hour on the last day and as the last of the light was quickly fading away a 10 point came in view....he stood for a long time looking for the bleating doe...I refused to shoot him straight into his chest (yes he was facing me about 8 yards away)  when he finally started moving there was too much brush and my arrow deflected.  That year Tom got the only deer during the 2 week hunt.
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2007, 10:38:00 PM »
Praise the LORD!Dina you made my night.<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2007, 10:49:00 PM »
This is the soy bean field we cross to the big woods aka the meat locker.  One year it is corn and the next soy beans.

Still working on the photo!     ]web page[/URL]
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2007, 10:57:00 PM »
This pic really does not do justice to the ditch we cross after going through the crops.

]web page[/URL]
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2007, 11:00:00 PM »
This is a pic of Tom standing by the tall ladder stand I hunted from.  He has just taken down my Millineum lock on stand on the last day. ]web page[/URL]
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2007, 11:02:00 PM »
This is just one view from that stand. ]web page[/URL]
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2007, 11:03:00 PM »
Well...I reckon...I should show you some pics of the park...where I got my eight point.
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2007, 11:24:00 PM »
Here are a few views from my stand in the Park   ]web page[/URL] :

]web page[/URL]

]web page[/URL]     ]web page[/URL]     ]web page[/url]
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2007, 11:31:00 PM »
One antler broke off while dragging him out of a huge ditch...so I had to hold it in place...it did not really make for a great photo.  It was 14 degees at sun rise that morning.
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline peak98

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2007, 11:44:00 PM »
I'm glad to hear your husband is doing well and has made it home, and btw, congrats on the fine animal, each animal taken with a bow is a trophy in my book.  :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
peak98

traveling East, in search of more light.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2007, 11:46:00 PM »
Very nicely done!
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2007, 09:08:00 AM »
That's our "Dilla Killar" Way to go "Lady"
Congratulations! Tell Tom Hey for me.
God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©