INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: We're back St. Judes Pike County Deer Hunt Pics Added  (Read 3290 times)

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: We're back St. Judes Pike County Deer Hunt Pics Added
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 09:41:00 PM »
Saturday morning found the full moon out and no deer along the road on the drive down ( a first). As I walked down to my stand I stayed close to the woods and happened to stumble onto my doe. She had cut downhill after I last saw her and died 120 yards from the shot. To say I was relived would be an understatement. My shot was a little high and hit scapula and angled down to take out lungs. The arrow went all the way through and was broken off when she fell.

Saturday morning I drew a blank on deer and Troy only saw a few does and button bucks. We decided to move on over into the Barn Hollow as most of the deer seemed to be coming out of there.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline Greyfox54

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2007, 09:49:00 PM »
Congrats Scott , these ST. Jude's hunts are great , Fred
Greyfox54

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2007, 11:14:00 PM »
Nice! Congrats, keep it coming!
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline Hood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2007, 12:24:00 PM »
Congrats!

Sounds like a good time!!

Robert
All the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players.
Performers and portrayers, each another's audience.

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »
Sunday and Monday were does and button bucks for me. Troy had a 10 pt buck standing underneath the first tree he was in on Monday morning but by that time he was 110 yards away  :( . That pretty much ended our Pike county hunt. I would have to say that Darren didn't sell this hunt hard enough and that Troy and I got a bargain, when other people were hunting smaller properties and paying  three times as much.

I don't know if the state of IL is shooting theirselves in the foot charging what they do for tags but if people pay it I guess they can get away with it. If I had the chance to go back in the future on another St. Judes hunt I would and if you are looking for a affordable trophy hunt this would be it.

Here are a couple more pictures of does and a racoon that entertained me in the Barn Hollow.

"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©