INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!  (Read 55676 times)

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!
« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2006, 06:13:00 AM »
bbassi - Yup, I blieve they are $$$$$$. Greed, pure and simple. IMO it's thee most deadly sin.
Got wood? - Tom

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2006, 07:18:00 AM »
Vermonster..

I suggest you get with Terry and Rob and make this ESPN poll a new thread....get it kept at the top...and get everyone on this site to vote NO!!!! This guy is going to win the publicity war if we don't get it done.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #142 on: June 13, 2006, 07:28:00 AM »
on the phone all day yesterday talking to vendors we buy from at the store---cancelled all orders with G5, put orders on hold with Mathews, talked to our sales reps for both companies and told them to get the word around that anybody who supports this thing is cruising for a boycott. Missed my guys at Realtree but will be talking with them and Hoyt and Easton and PSE today.

Anybody ever figure out what's up with the vote ?
"...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way..."
Jimmy Buffet from HE WENT TO PARIS

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #143 on: June 13, 2006, 07:29:00 AM »
Ray was posting while I wrote so just saw it---good idea Ray, sheer numbers are the only thing that'll win a poll
"...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way..."

Offline huntwisely

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #144 on: June 13, 2006, 07:38:00 AM »
73 % IN FAVOUR - 1615 VOTES
Where are these votes coming from - PETA ???

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #145 on: June 13, 2006, 07:40:00 AM »
bbasi---just read backwards and saw your post---another great idea. That org you spoke of is ATA, the Archery Trade Association, they host the archery dealers and vendors show every January. All the major archery manufacturers are members. The CEO is Jay McAninch, VP is Denise Parker, Issues and Information director is Michele Doerr.

Their mailing address is: 860 E 4500 South, suite 310, Salt Lake city, UT 84107. But this thing is probably moving too fast for snail mail (on second thought, mail 'em after you call or e-mail, volume counts).

Their phone number is 801-261-2380, fax is 801-261-2389, toll-free 866-266-2776. Remember that's in Salt Lake, nobody awake there yet.

e-mail: [email protected]

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #146 on: June 13, 2006, 07:46:00 AM »
Huntwisely makes a good point, the folks runninmg PETA and similiar orgs are no dummies, they can see a golden opportunity when it presents itself, they're probably voting--what a PR bonanza for them ! "Our" own industry bankrolls the best anti-hunting show they could have developed, reaching larger audiences than they could ever hope to

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #147 on: June 13, 2006, 07:52:00 AM »
only 1679 votes total so far (and they claim 71+% in favor)---we've got nearly 10,000 members here at Tradgang, what's up with that ?

GO VOTE !!!

Offline SteveMcD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #148 on: June 13, 2006, 07:54:00 AM »
What's Up at ESPN! I just took the poll and it shows 75% IN FAVOR!!! That's Sad! I think it is a sad day for hunting if Hunters really feel that way. But, I doubt it not by the hunters' polls we;ve heard or seen in the past. I suspect the poll is being taken by lot's of non- or anti-hunters. Doesn't smell right to me.
Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle and rub their hands and say, "Look, Brothers. An Archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!"

Offline Jason Lester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #149 on: June 13, 2006, 08:01:00 AM »
I went to the espn site. Couldn't find the poll. Someone got a link?  

Non-lethal hunting is realy hunting the way I do it. (no shot) LOL.

I can't believe people are buying into this.
Jason Lester

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2006, 08:07:00 AM »
Snailskin, Vermonster gives the link on page 9 of this thread

Offline SteveMcD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #151 on: June 13, 2006, 08:08:00 AM »
My additional comments............ I am totally dismayed and flabberghasted by the WHA and their Competition Hunting program. However, I am also a Sportsman's Education Instructor, and I will make it very clear to all that I talk to, to boycott all sponsors that support the World Hunting Organization. Please do not support this organization's despicable practice of competition hunting, it flies against the very essence of what hunting is all about.
Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle and rub their hands and say, "Look, Brothers. An Archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!"

Offline alpo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2006, 08:11:00 AM »
the ESPN readership is likely just thinking they will get something else to bet on.  (What are the pro-line odds on a 12 pointer!)
Take 2 for safety.

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2006, 08:20:00 AM »
don't just do the ESPN poll and let it go, click on the big red letters at the top of this page and send that in, too. and call the numbers i gave for the ATA on page 10 of this thread, most of the potential sponsors are members of this org

Offline painthorse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2006, 08:21:00 AM »
This poll thing is a waste.You can vote as many times as you want,just clear the cookies from you browser.
Espn does not care what you or I think.Look at what they have done to Bassmaster.If they are advertising this then time slots have been bought and like they say "game on".
The way to beat this is take the money away.Beat the sponsors down with calls and letters (emails) and if that does'nt work then dump their junk.
Dad always said that hunting shows would be the end of hunting and he may have been right.
Scott

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2006, 08:25:00 AM »
I can see why the poll is losing. I got a less than enthusiastic response on the LW...One guy even said he'd do it (the World Hunt Competition)
if it was lethal....sad.

Online freeman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #156 on: June 13, 2006, 08:27:00 AM »
painthorse, you probably could write a program that would delete your cookies and vote again over and over and over...any programmers out there?

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2006, 08:30:00 AM »
Scott's right about the sponsors and taking the money away, that's what speaks to these folks $$$$$$$$. But since the poll's rigged then we also need to contact ESPN directly and say so and let them know how we feel

Offline Firstarrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #158 on: June 13, 2006, 08:33:00 AM »
It sounds easy to re-program to vote over and over, but I believe that each computer has its own ID #. I would imagine that each computer number is what is tracked.

Great job guys working this and getting the bad spot off of the name of hunting and bowhunting!!!!!!!
Being first, making a mark and being part of
something great!
Rich

May you keep the wind to your nose, have the patience of Job, and have your Firstarrow fly true.

Offline BigHink66

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #159 on: June 13, 2006, 08:35:00 AM »
I posted the link from this site for stop world hunt now on  www.huntingpa.com.   They aren't very supportive of this over there.  I hope they come to this site and sign the petition.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©