INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!  (Read 55674 times)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!
« Reply #160 on: June 13, 2006, 08:39:00 AM »
Guy the Poll on ESPN is being cheated on. On the page there is a place that you can send them a message about bugs. Last night after a member on another site revealed that you could clear your cookies and vote again, this change in the votes began. I even have had several offers from guys to write programs of script to help turn the around. I asked them not to do this, this is a battle over ethics and we can't stoop to their level. The WHA is doing this, not the anti's. The WHA guys have been lurking on many of the boards and siging up on most to make it look like the regular hunters are all for this.

THE OTHERSIDE IS CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE LET ESPN KNOW HOW INVALID THEIR POLL IS AND REQUEST THEY CHECK THE IP ADDRESSES ON THE VOTES THEY RECEIVE!!!!!!!! THAT WILL SHOW THEM THE BALLOT STUFFING AND HOPEFULL GET THAT FARCE POLL PULLED!!!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/g...?page=mailform
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2006, 08:40:00 AM »
As of 1 minute ago the tally of Trad Gang "STOP WORLDHUNT NOW" emails is 118.

STOP WORLDHUNT NOW!

Guys 'n' gals, we got to beat WHA, please send them and their sponsors a vote of STOP THIS INSANITY NOW! - Thank you.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2006, 08:44:00 AM »
Another "Sponsor" in the making is Polaris, they are giving away one of their ATVs on the site. We need to let them know how we feel about the WHA.

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/OurCompany/ContactUs/EmailConsumerService.htm
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #163 on: June 13, 2006, 08:44:00 AM »
thanks Rob and Dave, TTT
"...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way..."
Jimmy Buffet from HE WENT TO PARIS

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #164 on: June 13, 2006, 08:47:00 AM »
Give up on the poll.  Do not cheat it.  Send ESPN a message.    CONTACT ESPN  Here's mine:

You are currently running a poll that purports to judge the opinions of hunters regarding the World Hunting Association, a shameful example of commercialization of our hunting heritage.  This poll is being cheated by the very few supporters of WHA.  Please pull it and do not use the results for any purpose other than to show how truly unethical the supporters of competitive hunting are.

Sincerely,

John Scifres  
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #165 on: June 13, 2006, 08:51:00 AM »
Any Safari Club Members here? I was told they were going to release a position opposing the WHA. Someone needs to let this guy know that this isn't acceptable!

" This is one of the top three states in the country for the number of hunting licenses sold, so it's only right they chose Michigan. And I'm sure this means we'll see stops in Texas and Pennsylvania too," said Marc Somers, president of the local chapter of Safari Club International. "
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bob Walker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2006, 08:52:00 AM »
I just sent an email to Polaris and asked them to contact me for further discussion. We'll see what happens.
Philippians 4:13

TGMM - Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #167 on: June 13, 2006, 08:52:00 AM »
Thanks John Scifres, very well thought out, intelligent comments. And  can you give a link to send that message to ? It'll expedite the process, especially for those who may only have a minute or two online (like folks at work    :readit:  )
"...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way..."

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #168 on: June 13, 2006, 08:57:00 AM »
Letters have been sent to all the sponsors.  (I sent them myself before the form on the page was active.)

You can also contact the Michigan Governers office at:

Governor Jennifer M. Granholm
        P.O. Box 30013
        Lansing, Michigan 48909
        PHONE: (517) 373-3400
        PHONE: (517) 335-7858 - Constituent Services
        FAX:(517) 335-6863

Sorry, I could not find an email address.
"Failure is an attitude, not an outcome."  -Harvey Mackay

:archer:               MikeD.

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #169 on: June 13, 2006, 09:11:00 AM »
thanks Mike, i'll be calling her office once they open

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #170 on: June 13, 2006, 09:13:00 AM »
DO NOT VOTE IN THE ESPN POLL ANYMORE, EVERTIME A NO VOTE IS ENTERED A BUNCH OF YES VOTE ARE AUTOMATICALLY ENTERED TO COUNTER IT!

Send them a note that you have seen this and that there poll has become rigged!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline SteveMcD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #171 on: June 13, 2006, 09:17:00 AM »
Now I'm REALLY Shocked.. That Other Site Yanked the Alert Off of the LW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle and rub their hands and say, "Look, Brothers. An Archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!"

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #172 on: June 13, 2006, 09:52:00 AM »
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #173 on: June 13, 2006, 10:01:00 AM »
John I appropriated your ESPN letter and posted it on another site. I PM'd you to ask permission, but I really didn't think you would mind.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ben Tiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #174 on: June 13, 2006, 10:05:00 AM »
TO ESPN--FEEL FREE TO REPEAT. . .

It has come to my attention that ESPN is considering sponsoring the new WHA.  Please understand that true sportsman everywhere are appalled at the thought of a "professional" "hunting" league.  Such a notion defies the principles, ethics and heritage of a sport that should not be diminished by such exploitation.  

The poll you are running is apparently rigged.  It seems that each time a vote is entered against the WHA, dozens show up in support.  I have traversed the internet over the past few days, and have not found a single hunting organization in support of this tragic attempt to rape our sport.  Please remove the poll immediately.  

I would also like to mention that there are statutes in each of the states WHA is considering running its operation which make this activity completely illegal (a felony in MI!).  I will be in contact with the local District's Attorney's offices to ensure that the proper evidence is gathered to prosecute these unethical actors.  Please do not allow your organization to become their accomplice.  

Sincerely

Benjamin C. Tiller

Offline Rick McGowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #175 on: June 13, 2006, 10:08:00 AM »
Why waste time with polls and such? It may be easy and make you feel good, but it isn't going to stop this. If you really want to stop this, you have to eliminate the reason it was thought up in the first place $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!
CALL the sponsors and let them know that NONE of your money will be going to them and let them know that you will be calling all of their dealers to let them know you will not be buying their products if they want to support this stuff. Emails do not have anywhere near the impact of phone calls.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #176 on: June 13, 2006, 10:13:00 AM »
every bit helps and I'll take any kind of help any member can offer. E-mail campaigns changed the minds of three sponsors so far. calling is great if you have the time and can get through. We need to jump on ESPN though because it is a large media source and many hunters don't get online and/or have any access to information on the WHA. If ESPN goes on Sportscenter and tells of this poll or on a saturday morning when they air all of the hunting and fishing shows, a lot of hunters could be misinformed real quickly and change the whole flow of this. There are 13,000,000 hunters in the US, no where near that many are registered on the sites. So we need to make sure the truth gets out everywhere and way we can within the law.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline DeanD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #177 on: June 13, 2006, 10:19:00 AM »
I think I've written to every company and person who has been named in this thread now.

I want to thank each of you for finding and disseminating these important facts and contact sites.

A job well done but not over yet.  

Again, kudos.

Dean
“…perhaps our grandsons, having never seen a wild river, will never miss the chance to set a canoe in singing waters…glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in.”

-Aldo Leopold

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #178 on: June 13, 2006, 10:19:00 AM »
I just contacted Governor Granholm's office and spoke with one of her assistants. I explained in great detail what was being planned for the state and asked that she take the issue to the Governor, explain the potential for harm it could bring, and also discussed the fact that based on Michigan game regs it may even be illegal activity, and asked that she urge the governor to find a way to put a stop to it.

The lady was very attentive, took down all the information, and promised that she would take it to the Governor's staff immediately, and she agreed with me that it was a truly BAD IDEA.

I urge others of you to call the Governor as well
at the number MI BOWHUNTER gave above...great idea..

Governor Jennifer M. Granholm
P.O. Box 30013
Lansing, Michigan 48909
PHONE: (517) 335-7858 - Constituent Services

I also called Polaris Industries. You should too.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline tamure

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #179 on: June 13, 2006, 10:32:00 AM »
I think we should write the Gov's office, and probably the DNR, Attorney General, and Dept. of Ag as well.

I work in government and here anyway things only operate if they are on paper. It is a much smaller state than Michigan, and we get so many random calls everyday that I'd bet 95% of them never make it past the receptionist.

There's no guaranteeing that any one of those departments have jurisdiction over this deal, but if they get a slew of letters they may forward them on to whatever agency does (if any).

If this thing really is supposed to happen this fall, then they have presumably got all their legal ducks in a row already. But it wouldn't hurt to make sure the AG or Dept. of Ag or whoever in Michigan has taken a close look at this.
Directions: Hike, camp, hunt, fish, wash, rinse, repeat.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©