INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!  (Read 55756 times)

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!
« Reply #180 on: June 13, 2006, 10:32:00 AM »
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #181 on: June 13, 2006, 10:32:00 AM »
I don't know how I did a TRIPLE POST!!!!!!!!! sorry
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #182 on: June 13, 2006, 10:32:00 AM »
I just got off the phone with a friend, who owns and edits a widely circulated monthly news magazine on hunting in GA.

He agreed to check into this and if on review it seemed as big a problem as I indicated on the phone he will bring his very active outdoor network to bear on the issue later today as soon as he gets back to his office.

I think he can bring a lot of letters and emails to the table -if you guys know others who have similar magazines, media like radio shows, etc that can bring down lots of air time on our side of this, and get votes, calls, and emails done pronto- you need to call in favors on this one.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #183 on: June 13, 2006, 10:45:00 AM »
Ray anyway we can get the letter from the site here sent to the Michigan Govs office?
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline DeanD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #184 on: June 13, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »
Calling Governor Granholm is easy too.  They don't answer the phone all the time and you can leave a succinct message on the machine with your concerns.

However, a button with a link to a letter would be good too!

Dean
“…perhaps our grandsons, having never seen a wild river, will never miss the chance to set a canoe in singing waters…glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in.”

-Aldo Leopold

Offline Glenn29

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Whittington Photography
« Reply #185 on: June 13, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »
Ray I posted a this topic on the GON/Woddy's forum and sadly several people see nothing wrong with what is going on. I can only speculate that those are the same people that voted for baiting and do not see a problem with high fenced operations.

Hopefully Steve will see the truth and use his contacts to help change things.
Can't see the forest for all the trees..

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #186 on: June 13, 2006, 11:02:00 AM »
Vermonster, in my haste to get to my phone to take a call from client I did not get to ask for an email addy.

I think a postal letter should go..but I don't have time to do it today.

I wonder if it wouldnt be better coming from someone like Terry..representing 9K of us...

I also sent a link to this thread to Stan Rauch, President of the North American Bowhunting Council, of which I am a member, asking he and the other members of the council to make as much noise as they can on this issue.

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #187 on: June 13, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »
I don't want to stray too far off topic but, for the record, there is a thread on the Bowsite regarding this.  Bowsite and Stickbow, where the *********** is hosted, are sister sites.  Pat Lefemine, the sites' owner, has posted at least twice on it opposing this WHA crap.  If other threads were pulled from the LW or other forums on the bowsite/stickbow, it might have been because of other reasons.   http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/TF/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=324893&messages=118&forum=2
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #188 on: June 13, 2006, 11:08:00 AM »
I've been pretty busy coordinating and a few things that should be done haven't yet. The ranch listed earlier needs to be put on the radar for this and held accountable. Michigan Ag Dept and DNR need to be given an alert on these plans and the ranch hosting it. It would be real nice if we could get a look at the prototype blunts G5 was making also for evidence, if G5 really has decided that their against this for more than finacial reasons that is.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #189 on: June 13, 2006, 11:12:00 AM »
We here at G5 Outdoors would like to take this opportunity to talk with you about the World Hunting Association (WHA).

G5 is a family-owned and -operated company. President and co-owner Louis Grace, his sons and co-owners Matt and Nate Grace are passionate about archery and seek to preserve this right for generations to come. This passion derives from the very heritage and tradition of this sport. Our motto “Designed to Hunt” explains our mission and determination toward the hunt. Hunting to us means food on the table and, if we get lucky, a mount on the wall.

WHA and its founder Dave Farbman seek to promote the same hunting tradition in hopes of not only revitalizing the existing hunting community, but also expanding on this base to secure our hunting heritage. Mr. Farbman’s enthusiasm for hunting comes from his early introduction as a teenager, when he learned about the tradition and ethics that make hunting great. His bold plan intends to grow the enthusiasm for hunting by creating a new vehicle to educate, promote and entertain both the avid hunter and those who do not participate but have the interest and values to one day join us on a hunt.

G5 Outdoors has supported and will continue to support organizations that promote archery and its traditions of artistry, conservationism, community and family. To this end, G5 has supported many national organizations such as the National Archery Schools Program (NASP), Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NWTF, QDMA, ATA and thousands of local archery retailers, clubs, associations and community hunting organizations, which have sought to promote our way of life.

As passionate hunters, every one of us needs to do our part in securing the future of hunting. We at G5 feel there are many positive actions being taken by various groups in the hunting community to educate and promote hunting, yet more needs to be done to further our cause. If not and if we stay static, our hunting tradition will slip away.

We appreciate and value all your questions, comments and concerns about the WHA. We hope that you will continue this dialogue with us so that we may continue as a community to seek the best methods to promote hunting not only within the archery community, but also to those who do not currently share our passion.

Regards,

The G5 Outdoors Team

the above was posted on another site as G5's official response..are we SURE they are out of this thing?????

This could have been prior to our calls and emails...I just don't know as it isnt dated and I could find NOTHING of this on their site at all.

Just a heads up IN CASE they changed their minds.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #190 on: June 13, 2006, 11:17:00 AM »
That was the response they had before they were pelted with a few thousand e-mails.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline BillyBobHowdieVern

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #191 on: June 13, 2006, 11:23:00 AM »
guys im back in town just sent the trad gang response and i will be trying to help out all i can

john

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #192 on: June 13, 2006, 11:50:00 AM »
Guys I've been getting a lot of PMs asking me what I think this WHA guy is all about. Here is a theory:

The fellow in charge sells real estate. He lost out on the hunting lease business big time. What if this league happens and makes this popular? He builds high fence places all over and condos adjacent to them. Bored with golf? be a real man and hunt this way! All thrill no blood spill! See where this is leading? He doesn't care about hunting in the least, its all $$$$$

Makes "hunting" into a past-time for the wealthy only. Think about it he has promised Michigan 5000 jobs, how does a 8 man "hunting" league support that many jobs, it doesn't. Now real estate development, thats a different story.

Does this scenario seem plausible and frightnening to anyone else? These thoughts keep me pushing to prevent this more than anything else.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JasonV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #193 on: June 13, 2006, 11:51:00 AM »
Just got off the phone with one of the guys I used to hunt with in Virginia - he was previously unaware of the WHA and WH, but since we started talking about it, he's looked into it too and as expected is pretty hot about this.  He's a compound hunter, so wasn't interested in TG before, but I sent him a link to this thread so he can get more info if he wants it.
He and a few of his buddies have a side buisness selling hunting equipment and ATVs, etc - he has already contacted his Polaris rep and told him they've placed their last order with polaris until they come to their senses and withdraw support.
These guys run a very small-time buisness, and I'm sure this will hurt them alot more than it would Polaris, but this is the kind of action that will eventually make the sponsors come to their senses.

If your local shop carries Polaris, G5, etc talk to them about this - if it comes down to it, let them know that if they carry the products that sponsor WHA, then you'll be forced to take your buisness elsewhere.

We also need to contact Cabelas, BassPro, ThreeRivers, etc and let them know how we feel....
The beaten path is for beaten men.

Offline Tom Mussatto

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #194 on: June 13, 2006, 11:54:00 AM »
I watched that video clip on the WHA site and it reminded me a lot of professional wrestling. Sad, but unfortunately I'll bet a lot of folks buy into this crap. It is good to see that there are many who are seeing this for what it really is, and it will be interesting to see just how far they are able to take this. If it does fly I think it will be just one more example of the direction "hunting" is going. We, and I mean by we all those who buy a hunting license, are our own worst enemy, whether it be by jumping on the bandwagon or just sitting back with a live and let live attitude allowing it to happen.

A few years ago PSE tried something along the same lines they called Star Wars. I don't know if it failed because of lack of support or because there was enough protests that they pulled the plug. Hopefully, WHA will also fail.

I agree with the many who have posted here that it is about money and the only way to successfully oppose this is to hit those who are profiting from it. Stop making this stuff profitable and it will go away. Whether it be magazines, videos, hunting gear, guides and outfitters, etc. take this into consideration with every dollar you spend. The good stuff will float to the top, the bad will not be able to stay in business.
Tom Mussatto

Offline BigHink66

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #195 on: June 13, 2006, 11:55:00 AM »
This is my email from G5

Hello Fred,

Thank you for your e-mail.  We at G5 outdoors are very interested in your concerns.  As of 4:00 p.m. on June 12, 2006 we have withdrawn our support and sponsorship of the WHA.  Our only intent was to grow archery.  This is clearly not happening.  Please explain to your friends and fellow hunters that G5 in no way intended to offend anyone and that we have listened to your voice.  Thanks again for your correspondence.

Sincerely,
Peter Crawford
National Sales Manager
G5 Outdoors

Offline JasonV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #196 on: June 13, 2006, 11:56:00 AM »
OMG, how could I have overlooked WalMart?  Biggest sporting goods dealer in the US - they'll be hard to convince - they are the definition of a money-driven organization - but its worth the time to let them know.  If they threatened to no longer carry sponsoring products, this thing would go away in a heartbeat.....

Any ideas how we could go about this most effectively????
The beaten path is for beaten men.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #197 on: June 13, 2006, 12:00:00 PM »
Once again. Are there any Safari Intl. members here? The group is having some infighting right now and is even considering supporting this WHA. We need members to enlighten them on what a bad decision this would be!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #198 on: June 13, 2006, 12:07:00 PM »
Here's a copy of the email I sent tp Cabela's. As I have become aw are of other sponsors I have fowarded the email to them. My next step is my State Dept. of Fish and Game.

Gentlemen: I have been a long time customer of Cabela's and have been an outdoorsman for 54 years. On some recent Archery websites that I frequent there has been reference made to a new hunting program  called  Worldhunt (website is  www.Worldhunt.com).  I am joining many of the members of these websites to voice my displeasure and concerns about Worldhunt and I can promise you this....I will no longer purchase any more of my hunting or outdoor needs from Cabela's if you agree to sell any products that are  sponsoring Worldhunt or if Cabela's accepts products for resale from any distributor of these products. I am also calling upon Cabela's to make a public disclaimer regarding Worldhunt via TV programs you currently sponsor in part or in whole and to also make a similar disclaimer in the magazines where you carry adds and to make such a statement in your own literature and catalogs in a prominent and obvious section of that material.

Last evening I had to undergo emergency eye surgery so I am not up to getting too wordy about my reasons for asking you to do as I suggest. However, I am sure you have not heard the end of this from other sources including the Pope and Young Club and Boone and Crockett. Please do me the pleasure of responding to this email especially as to the position that you will take on this bastardization of my hunting heritage. Please do not simply respond with a statement that you appreciate my communication. I want to know where you stand on this organization and what your plans are for dealing with it. When you see what Worldhunt is up to I believe you will understand...if you don't then you aren't the kind of people I will continue to do business with in the future despite your excellent service in the past and I will encourage my friends and acquaintances to do the same.

Sincerely,
William S. Carlsen

------ End of Forwarded Message
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #199 on: June 13, 2006, 12:13:00 PM »
Excellent letter Bill. that is exactly what they need to be told. As do Bass Pro Shops, Dick's Sporting Goods, Gander Mountain, and all other retail businesses.

Here is an honest poll you can respond to.

http://www.weloveoutdoors.com/
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©