INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!  (Read 55654 times)

Offline Mike Tomano

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2006, 09:36:00 PM »
It's ridiculous. But then again, so is a call BY HUNTERS to outlaw game farms & ranches, ban crossbow seasons, support Sunday Hunting restrictions and the like. The one thing that can be said about the outdoor community is that it eats itself.

TOMANO
"If you're not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it." - Fred Bear

Offline huntwisely

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2006, 09:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by Mike Tomano:
It's ridiculous. But then again, so is a call BY HUNTERS to outlaw game farms & ranches, ban crossbow seasons, support Sunday Hunting restrictions and the like. The one thing that can be said about the outdoor community is that it eats itself.

TOMANO
I have to both agree and disagree - the outdoor community does indeed eat itself. By with CWD and other diseases on the loose, outlawing game farms and game ranches make scientific sense. In our are a game farm has had escapes of animals that are tested for some diseases, but unfortunately there is no test for CWD that can be applied to a live animal.

Lets agree that canned hunts, non-lethal hunts and making hunting a spectator sport along the lines of NASCAR is fuel for the fires of anti-hunters.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2006, 09:46:00 PM »
Right now the sponsor that is closest to dropping out next is G5 Outdoors, they need more e-mails from customers letting them know how they feel about this fiasco.

[email protected]
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2006, 09:52:00 PM »
Any Colorado members might also look into contacting your representitives and fish & game. I have been lead to believe that an event will be held in your state also.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Hornseeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2006, 09:58:00 PM »
Got one off to them Vermonster, thanks for all the info.
Personally, I think a good number of the hunting shows all over TV and the DVD's sold and such are nearly as bad as this BS. These guys are paying huge $$ to hunt limited ranches or buying monster auction tags...then making a kill and laughing, high fiving, rolling around on the ground grabbing eachother a$$es...its a bunch of crap.
We need to get a little more back to basics and quit watching all these movies and shows....hunting is not couch potato entertainment, its Hunting...and most of us know what it is.

Ernie

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2006, 10:01:00 PM »
So far Eastman Outdoors and Gorrilla Tree Stands have changed their minds about sponsoring this fiasco due to hunter e-mails and information posted on another site. These e-mails and phone calls work guys. We really need to step up for this. We have enough problems with the antis, we don't need a group claiming to represent us only helping their cause.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2006, 10:05:00 PM »
Also e-mails have gotten a commitment from Matt Pearson to not sponsor any hunters who compete in this. One of the hunters that the WHA has signed on is currently a target shooter for Mathews so we'll have to see if that changes his mind. I know they are compound guys, but this will effect us Trad guys in a horrible way and we need to work with them to prevent this from ever taking place.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 10:05:00 PM »
VMonster.......   Great work! :notworthy:      :notworthy:      :notworthy:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 10:06:00 PM »
Idaho, Colorado, Iowa, New Jersey, Michigan, these are states that are confirmed to have "professional hunters" participating.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline BillyBobHowdieVern

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2006, 10:08:00 PM »
guys listen to david. this thing is all over archery talk and a couple of other boards. he is on top of this and is more than willing to help anyone out with the info to stop this crap from spreading.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2006, 10:13:00 PM »
This is the most frightening quote that says it all about the real estate fellow bankrolling this. In his ESPN press release he stated that he could imagine quite a few viewers cheering for the deer!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2006, 10:21:00 PM »
Heres a quote from the owner of G5 Outdoors as placed one several news sites!

"We're honored to have been chosen as one of the first sponsors of the WHA," said Lou Grace, owner of G5 Outdoors. "From a marketing standpoint, we believe the WHA represents a great opportunity for companies to tap into a very lucrative demographic. We're looking forward to working with the WHA."

We can't let this go ignored. They claim this will help hunting, the only helping I see is the wallets of those involved and the cause of the antis.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2006, 10:29:00 PM »
Guys just because a company isn't listed as a sponsor yet, doesn't mean they shouldn't get an e-mail about hunter's thoughts of the WHA. Nip it in the bud and we can prevent it from spreading. They claim to be currently working on several other big name companies. If we show a company the potential harm this could do to their core customers, we can likely prevent more funds from being brought into this fiasco.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Mudfeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2006, 10:30:00 PM »
As I've heard said before,...." I've been to 3 circus and 2 county fairs and ain't never seen such sh.. as this"

It doesn't really surprise me though because of the reasons already mentioned. That is one reason I have always opposed mandated trophy hunting.....NOT the personal decision one chooses to make at the time BUT the LAW that says you can't shoot X because he doesn't have a big enough rack. I think it send the wrong message as to why we hunt.
"Dad, you and me are bow shooting huntin buddies OK?"

My son Kasey- age 5...Jan 8, 2007

Keith Bruner

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2006, 10:37:00 PM »
That is so cheesy!!!! What has happened to our tradition of hunting? Is there a referee and cheerleaders? Maybe the GoodYear blimp could make an appearance along with Bob Costas.Or John Maddon.
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2006, 10:40:00 PM »
Arwin, if you watch the video on the their web site, you'll see that those things you posted are closer to what they want to make reality then the joke you think it is. I have spoken to some of these fools. Too much money and no ethics is all I can say.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2006, 11:10:00 PM »
I just emailed both G5 and Extreme Scents urging them to drop sponsership. I am also going to email all of Extremescents sponsers and let them know that if Extreme Scents and G5 continue in this that I will no longer use their services and will urge everyone I know to do the same if they do not drop G5 and Extreme Scents products. Hopefully someone will listen.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2006, 11:13:00 PM »
John is right-the money talks! go tot he sponsors and let them know you won't buy or recommned anyone you know buy thier products.
Best do it now before they develop any momentum
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2006, 11:21:00 PM »
There's already been a lot of discussion about this within both of our state's bowhunting organizations. And both of them are overwhelmingly opposed to this idiotic concept.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©