INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!  (Read 55757 times)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!
« Reply #200 on: June 13, 2006, 12:18:00 PM »
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline insttech1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #201 on: June 13, 2006, 12:27:00 PM »
I just wrote this to ESPN's technical website support...I hope they take note of it!!

I wanted you to be aware that your website has apparently been hacked.  I am referring to the hunting poll for the so-called "World Hunting Organization's" tranquilizer hunting scheme.  Please remove the poll or have it monitored...for every "no vote", someone has written an automated script on a server to automatically submit multiple "yes" votes, therefore tipping the balance of the poll.  This scheme of so-called "hunting" has produced such an uproar in the true hunting community that tons of sponsors are now facing professional boycotts from numerous organizations and individuals.  Your prompt attention to this matter is truly appreciated.
Thanks for your time!
Sincerely,
Marc
"When you catch Hell--DROP IT!!  When you're going thru Hell--DON'T STOP!!"

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #202 on: June 13, 2006, 12:31:00 PM »
It now appears that the WHA has backed off of the cheating. The numbers are starting to close up again guys. Good work!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline LoneWolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #203 on: June 13, 2006, 12:38:00 PM »
Just voted, 2652 votes cast so far.  YES 57%  NO 43%.  Get over there and let your voices be heard.   This is a slap in the face to hunting.
LoneWolf
"Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;" Gen 27:3

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #204 on: June 13, 2006, 12:40:00 PM »
I voted too, and sent an email to Polaris. We gotta keep hammering on these sponsors. Great work guys...
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline insttech1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #205 on: June 13, 2006, 12:43:00 PM »
The cheating may have stopped on ESPN's poll...but I still suspect something is up.
I urge everyone to email ESPN and ask them to reset that poll to the beginning!!!

I'll try and pull up a link for ya...
M

Offline insttech1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #206 on: June 13, 2006, 12:45:00 PM »
http://espn.go.com/#

at the very very bottom is a column called "report a bug", and you can type your concerns in there and send them straight to their web guys!!

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #207 on: June 13, 2006, 12:47:00 PM »
My wife and I are good friends with MIchelle Eichler...that would be Fred's wife! She is FEO of Muzzy and we all know about Fred's connections. I will contact them and see what resourced that they can bring to bear.

I have contacted my state FG dept and got an email back from G5indicating that they are no longer sponsoring Worldhunt. I replid to G5 thanking them and indicated that they were back in good standing with bowhunters. Let's keep those letters going out. If you type one in your email you can copy and paste it to any email address we need it to go. The more the better.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #208 on: June 13, 2006, 12:51:00 PM »
Don't foget these guys, if we can take away the venue, it will be real hard to do this thing!

This is the operation that will be holding the first event in October

Lost Arrow Resort on the Water

1749 Bomanville Road

Gladwin, MI 48624

Mailing Address:

P.O. Box 248

West Branch, MI 48661

Phone Numbers:

Local: (989) 345-7774

Toll Free: (866) 51-Relax

Fax: (989) 345-3743

General Manager: Denise Sterling-Likavec
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline insttech1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #209 on: June 13, 2006, 01:05:00 PM »
I just sent this to the Michigan Department of Agriculture:
Please follow up with any emails that you would like to!!!!

http://michigan.gov/mda/0,1607,7-125-1572-85723--,00.html

Dear Members of the MDA:
A new "hunting" organization has recently proposed a nationally-sponsored method of tranquilizing deer and reviving them repeatedly on a private deer farm in Gladwin, MI, as part of an organized, points-oriented trophy hunt.
Their stated aim is to tranquilize deer multiple times, and have them revived again and again for sporting purposes.  The tranquilizers would be attached to arrows and/or fired from firearms.  There are large sums of money (stated to be in excess of $500,000) to be awarded as prizes to the most successful "hunter".
There are some legal concerns to this question, and those of us that support true hunting in this state are A.--concerned that the organizers are trying to represent all hunters in this endeavor; and B.--that there are legal ramifications to their harassment of livestock.  (which deer are considered to be within a high-fenced area).

There are many avid sportsmen and women who would like to know of the MDA's stand on this proposed event.

The website sponsoring this event can be reviewed at:
 www.worldhunt.com

Thank you so much for your looking into this matter.
Thanks for your time, as it is sincerely appreciated.
Sincerely,
Marc

Offline Jake H

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #210 on: June 13, 2006, 01:54:00 PM »
Post Expunged

Offline Drifter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #211 on: June 13, 2006, 01:59:00 PM »
Does anybody have Dwight Shue's email address (Bowhunter magazine)? I've just sent an email to Jay Strangis, the editor of Peterson's Bowhunting. I'm assuming that T.J. Conrads is aware of this already.
"What is written on the scroll of Fate is not visible; but with a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in search of adventure"..... Saxton Pope

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #212 on: June 13, 2006, 02:07:00 PM »
I just wrote to Larry Weishuhun from Thompson Center Arms and asked for their help.  He and Greg Ritz may not be bowhunters, but they are well respected in the outdoor community and could certainly lend considerable influence to this effort.

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #213 on: June 13, 2006, 02:10:00 PM »
They are using rifle hunting in this too Claudia. All of the gun hunting sites have had a similar reaction to the bowhunting sites. We need the gun side to stand up too.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline BTH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #214 on: June 13, 2006, 02:12:00 PM »
This does affect gun hunters too. They plan on using pnuematic tranquilizer guns as well. Good thinking Claudia.
Pork, Oysters, and Beer...the Holy Trinity (Anthony Bourdain).

Offline Glenn29

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Whittington Photography
« Reply #215 on: June 13, 2006, 02:27:00 PM »
Gun hunters--Bow hunters it affects us all!

If one group gets hurt we are all going to get hurt by this. Just remember our last name is "HUNTER".

Keep it going fellas  :thumbsup:
Can't see the forest for all the trees..

Offline BTH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #216 on: June 13, 2006, 02:44:00 PM »
I will contact SCI. I contacted the TRCP, Teddy Roosevelt Conservation Program, which is connected to SCI, and asked them for support in opposing WHA.

Funny, I haven't heard a thing about this on the news out here in Kalifornia. Wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't been reading this site last night.
Pork, Oysters, and Beer...the Holy Trinity (Anthony Bourdain).

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #217 on: June 13, 2006, 03:04:00 PM »
fellas, be careful in the words you choose..we do not have to embellish anything to make this stuff look bad.

I read the site thoroughly and I believe they will NOT allow the same deer to be shot multiple times...not a big deal, but let's stick to the facts as they are and not try to change or make it look any worse than it really is to reach our goals, OK?
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #218 on: June 13, 2006, 03:06:00 PM »
Here is the e-mail address of the AAVSB they are responsible for reporting license scores for Vets to states they wish to be certified in. This event breaks the moral code of veterinary medicine. If we bring this to the attention of the different veterinary professionl groups and licensing agencies perhaps we can prevent any vets from hiring on thus making the whole event impossible to put on!

[email protected]

Here is the one for the American Veterinary Medical Foundation

[email protected]

This one is for the MIchigan Veterinary Medical Association Executive director Karlene Belyea

[email protected]
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Slim Buttes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #219 on: June 13, 2006, 03:10:00 PM »
OK, so let me get this straight. Some are against some entrepenor(sp) from making some money. Some on this very site have made it clear that hunting is changing and that if some want to make a buck it so be it-- is the way it is in America. Also the competition is what makes America great.

I'm sure I will be blasted for my thoughts, but I think some are being a bit hypocritical. If you do not support this worldhunt idea look at their sponsor list and let them know that you will know longer "sponsor" them. Let the market decide. Taking a poll on espn or anywhere else won't change things. You vote everyday when you purchase products and support a business.

Just because we don't want to take part in what worldhunt has to offer does not mean others won't, and if it flurishes it will be just one more of a long list of activities that others participate in that I don't.

Finally, I do not support what worldhunt is pushing.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©