INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!  (Read 55770 times)

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!
« Reply #280 on: June 14, 2006, 08:43:00 AM »
Been on vacation and have not been much on the boards here. Terry called me to tell me about this....honestly I am not surprised, money makes folks do crazy stuff. I hate to say it, but Bassmasters, FLW, and many of the saturday hunting shows bear some of the responsibility of this tragedy. We can only lose by commercializing fishing and hunting....it should be above that...but human greed has intervened once again.

I appreciate the hard work already done by those here, David especially.

The repurcusssions to this sick event due indeed threaten our very existence as hunters. I will send the emails along side yours...and continue to pray.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #281 on: June 14, 2006, 09:21:00 AM »
The Trad Gang STOP WORLDHUNT NOW! form email has been used 407 times as of right now.  Please pass on the following link to one and all opposed to the WHA and ask them to fill it out and press the send key.  Thanx to all.

http://tradgang.com/worldhunt/

IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #282 on: June 14, 2006, 09:29:00 AM »
This e-mailing stuff may seem tedious and keeping this effort up can get to be "boring", but it is working. ESPN pulled that fixed poll and directly quoted a letter writtn in by a Trad Ganger! Guys we are being noticed, and though it may appear that the WHA is going down, don't trust appearances. We need to keep up the pressure and get the big organizations and manufacturers to speak out! Any company that hasn't declared opposition to the WHA is a potential sponsor in hiding. These guys have become a lot more closed lip due to our successes, but the sponsors we've shut-down are small potatoes compared to the companies still out  there.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Ben Tiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #283 on: June 14, 2006, 09:51:00 AM »
ALERT

LARRY WHITELY, HEAD OF PR AT BASS PRO VIA PHONE. . .

"We are not happy with [it] AT ALL"

That was in a voice mail he left me.  I will be talking to him later and will let you all know what they plan to do.  We need to get Cabelas behind us.  Consider this--10,000 tradgangers spending an average of $100 a year = $1,000,000 in lost revenue.  They WILL listen.  Make sure they get the chance to hear you.  

ben

Offline Glenn29

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Whittington Photography
« Reply #284 on: June 14, 2006, 10:00:00 AM »
JC you are right about all the other shows and events out there that sound similar...

The main one that comes to mind is the Drury Brothers Dream Season...Same thing except that do kill the animal.

I guess we take it one at a time...

And glad to see Bass Pro is not in the mix cause that company would be a monster to stop.
Can't see the forest for all the trees..

Offline Ben Tiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #285 on: June 14, 2006, 10:12:00 AM »
Just so you know...

There is not a David Farbman resgistered to vote in MI.  If that tells you anything.

ben

Offline Timberghost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #286 on: June 14, 2006, 10:16:00 AM »
G5 and Xtreme Scents emailed me back ref their dropping out.  Pneudart sent me their form letter ref: "not at this time".  

I spoke with the managers/owners/staff at Schulers Outdoors (Gainesville,  GA),  Outdoor Traditions (Dawsonville,  GA),   Oakwood Sportsman's Lodge (Oakwood,  GA),  Northside Pawn (Columbus,  GA),   and  Shooters of Columbus (Columbus,  GA),  Black Widow Custom Bows, and Roberts Brother's Turkey Calls today. Left a lengthy voice mail for the honcho at Summit Tree Stands too.  Tried to steer all of these folks to TRADGANG and encourage them to help stop the WHA.  

This could be kinda fun if it wasn't so critically important!
The toughest thing I've found about deer hunting is getting them to hold still long enough for me to stick an orange spot on them and then step off the yardage...

Offline stickbowguy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #287 on: June 14, 2006, 10:37:00 AM »
Its a computer game. Your not shooting anything in real life. Does anyone play Big Game hunting on their Computer at home?

Offline Firstarrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #288 on: June 14, 2006, 10:45:00 AM »
Brent Bassi - Well said,

Begging you permission - I cut and pasted your note to your friends and changed some verbage, but sent it out my friends..

Rich
Being first, making a mark and being part of
something great!
Rich

May you keep the wind to your nose, have the patience of Job, and have your Firstarrow fly true.

Offline stickbowguy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #289 on: June 14, 2006, 10:47:00 AM »
Sounds like its the same as going to a 3D shoot where you can win money? maybe I missing something here? help me out here it states on the site Non-fatal so that tells me no kill. So how is this different from a 3D Shoot where there is money?

Offline Ben Tiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #290 on: June 14, 2006, 10:48:00 AM »
You are missing something.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #291 on: June 14, 2006, 10:58:00 AM »
stickbowguy,

think about how wrong your remark is- they are shooting LIVING ANIMALS with drugs...ITS NOT A COMPUTER GAME.

What you have written here is the REASON I am so frightened should this event take place.

People unused to thinking something all the way through until they understand it will say, "oh, its OK, its a computer game."

It's not a computer game its the END OF HUNTING if it happens.

This is how the non hunting public will see it:

High fences, shooting penned deer with drugs, deer that do not react well to being tranquilized and that exhibit a good deal of mortality when shot with darts, shown on TV for the amusement of some, the utter horror of others so they can MAKE UP THEIR MINDS how sick those of us who hunt are after all- hey,they knew it all the time! -and the logical next step is a national ballot to outlaw hunting...which way will they vote once they have SEEN ON TV how horrible it really is?
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #292 on: June 14, 2006, 11:07:00 AM »
Stikbowguy, when you do a 3D shoot, do you have your picture taken by the target everytime? Do you get rewarded for a hindquarter shot which is the most effective way to use these chemical, especially since a killzone shot can still kill these anmals with the blunts and drugs? Do you want the general public to be taught that hunting is only about the trophy? Game management and consumption aren't important to us? Do you want hunting to be the venue of only the very wealthy who can afford to pay to hunt one of these enclosures and can afford to have a vet on standby?

These folks are defining this as huntings future. They are representing us as are only value being cash. I can't stand for this and I bet the more you learn, the more your thoughts on this change.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Ben Tiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #293 on: June 14, 2006, 11:07:00 AM »
Thank you for doing that, Ray.  I just want to add in the next post, so nothing is taken out of context; the negatives used by Mr. Hammond in the last paragraph of the above post are meant to convey hypothetical views, not those of Mr. Hammond.   ;)   You never know who else is watching.

ben

Offline BONE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #294 on: June 14, 2006, 11:10:00 AM »
Thank you Ray,--That pretty well gets to the heart of it.------Bone

Offline Blue Moose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #295 on: June 14, 2006, 11:13:00 AM »
I believe that we as hunters often overreact to perceived threats. This, however, is not such a case. This is the real deal, a legitimate threat to hunting as we know it. If you can't see that, I don't know where to begin trying to explain it. When I showed this to my 11-year-old daughter, she needed no explanation as to what's wrong with this picture.

TM

Offline T. Downing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #296 on: June 14, 2006, 11:39:00 AM »
Well said Gentlemen! Let's keep plugging away at this disgraceful idea. God Bless the animals, T
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
Psalm 127 4-5

Offline JasonV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #297 on: June 14, 2006, 11:54:00 AM »
This is prostitution of hunting - plain and simple.
Just look at the promotional video on their own website:
The "chairman and CEO" sound like he's promoting a cage-match between hunter and deer.  Their "hunter"  then draws on a big whitetail and closes his eyes to dream of cash, sporstcars, mansions and a handful of "buck-bimbos" walking toward him across a food-plot - he then opens his eyes and shoots.
Utterly vulgar!  
They've reduced the deer to a target - nothing more than a means to gain fame and fortune.  The most impportant aspect of the hunt is replaced by the spectacle and the almighty dollar!
Do we really want the general public to think this is our motivation????  Not me!   I'll do anything I can to be sure this moron doesn't represent MY future of hunting.
The beaten path is for beaten men.

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #298 on: June 14, 2006, 11:57:00 AM »
http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/OurCompany/ContactUs/EmailConsumerService.htm\\

Here's a link to email Polaris from...It appears they are having a sweepstakes on their site.

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #299 on: June 14, 2006, 11:57:00 AM »
on WHA's site

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©