INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!  (Read 55784 times)

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!
« Reply #340 on: June 14, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »
Brett Hankins is a listed hunter in the article I read in the Indianapolis Star.  He is a prostaffer with Matthews.  Mathews has a web forum.  There may be opportunity for a little more feedback.
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #341 on: June 14, 2006, 05:06:00 PM »
He is also known as thedarkarcher on Archery Talk. He has been very vocal on his support for the WHA. He has been hiding for the most part for a few days now for some reason.      :D
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Texasrecurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #342 on: June 14, 2006, 05:20:00 PM »
Exactly, David. I noticed on their message board that he quickly headed for cover, but you can be sure he is reading all the posts. He is seeing dollar signs and fame bigtime. His first posts were ecstatic with glee over his good fortune. He should be embarrassed over his association with this farce. I bet Farbman is sweating bullets right now, but we need to keep up the pressure. Every email and phone call counts. This is a VERY serious threat to our sport.

TR

Offline Ben Tiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #343 on: June 14, 2006, 05:34:00 PM »
I will be writing a legal memo and submitting it to the District Attorney's office in Gladwin MI so they have a jumping off point on where to approach this when the time comes.  DO NOT LET THIS THREAD FADE AWAY as it has on other sites.  This fight is not over.  Things that cometh quickly never quickly goeth away.  Keep fighting the good fight!

ben

Offline Texasrecurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #344 on: June 14, 2006, 05:36:00 PM »
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 14:33:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: "rodney mitchell"  Add to Address Book  Add Mobile Alert  
Subject: world hunt
To: [email protected]

Well Mr. Farbman, it appears that your sponsors are fleeing like rats off of a sinking ship.  I watched your video with interest and was amazed. Believe me, you don't speak for the true hunters in this country. The message boards on the internet are flooded with outrage over your idea, but I am sure you know that. Let me just say that hunting is NOT a competitive, spectator sport. You should be embarassed to be trying to make it so.  I will continue to watch with great interest as the word continues to spread about your venture and my fellow hunters continue to band together to stop it.

Yours truly,

Rodney MItchell
Graham, Texas

My email to the grand potentate of the WTT.

TR

Offline kawika b

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #345 on: June 14, 2006, 07:22:00 PM »
brigin this back up!!! this thread needs to stay up here to remind us that if not us,our kids or even grandkids may suffer at the hands of money driven unethical !di0+$. with my limited hunting background i don't have much ground to stand on with  personal experinces,but for what i lack in that aspect i most assuredly make up for with my love of nature and all things that reside there within. not only to preserve our future and our future family of hunters privileges,but  also and just as importantly to protect the rights of the animals we hunt,,,this is why i fight. for yours and mines,,,keep sendin those emails gang.
Nana ka maka;
ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes;
listen with the ears;
shut the mouth.

Thus one learns>>>------>TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ben Tiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #346 on: June 14, 2006, 07:57:00 PM »
Thanks for bringing it back up Kawika B.  I hope that it stays here forever as a constant reminder.  

Keep fighting the good fight.

ben

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #347 on: June 14, 2006, 08:03:00 PM »
Guys, this thread is making a huge impact...more so than you know. Emails and phone calls I have received are VERY encouraging. Our little group is making a huge impact.  

Keep up the good work!!!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #348 on: June 14, 2006, 08:51:00 PM »
I emailed the NRA but have'nt heard back yet, but it was a little late.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline John Nail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #349 on: June 14, 2006, 09:02:00 PM »
emailed everyone I could think of...
Is it too late to be what I could have been?

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #350 on: June 14, 2006, 09:24:00 PM »
Fellas,
May I humbly suggest that you refrain from writing emails and/or letters directly to Mr Farbman that are goading or gloating in nature?

I know this man's type- ego is everything for a fellow like this and he has money to burn. I think we should keep working, staying out in front, but avoid communicating directly with him in that type of tone because all we are going to get with that is entrenchment...I may have even overstepped the bounds in my email to him yesterday...but I am continually strategizing this thing and I have come to teh conclusion that communicating directly with him is 1- a waste of time and 2- will only serve to make him more belligerant about finding a way to get this thing done in spite of all our efforts.

Let our actions be righteous, let our efforts be unceasing, but attacking him directly is not the best course in my opinion.

Stay after the state of Michigan, and Colorado, stay after the advertiser/sponsors, and the ATA and NRA and Wildlife Legislative Fund but stay away from Farbman unless you are being real civilized in your remarks. It will serve us better I think.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline John Nail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #351 on: June 14, 2006, 09:37:00 PM »
Here's a copy of a statement from SCI. Oh, by the way, I don't like Bass Tournaments either.
I went to Archery Talk and registered, just so I could speak out against WHA, There are a few people there fighting the fight, but a lot of nut cases on the other side arguing with them.

SCI Questions Concept of "World Hunting Association"

The "World Hunting Association" last week announced that it would stage a series of "tournament" professional hunting events this year, in which the game pursued would be shot with tranquilizer darts launched from bow hunting equipment. Participants would compete for much as $600,000 in prize money over the series of tournament events. SCI has serious concerns with attempts to "professionalize" the tradition of the hunt, particularly with cash rewards. In addition, the institution of "catch and release" tactics for hunting, using powerful sedatives, is highly questionable with regard to the future health of the game animals that are captured for the competition. While the group espouses the noble goals of increasing hunter recruitment and retention, SCI believes that education and outreach programs remain the best option for bring newcomers into the field. Likewise, SCI believes that conventional regulated hunting techniques, including due diligence on the part of hunters to prevent the wounding of game, are the only true definition of hunting. SCI President Mike Simpson told Crosshairs that "Hunting isn't bass fishing. It just doesn't translate to made-for-TV entertainment, conducted on a professional catch-and-release basis for cash rewards."

Offline John Nail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #352 on: June 14, 2006, 09:40:00 PM »
Maybe a Michigan resident could Circulate a Petition at Compton's this weekend and send it to Michigan DNR?

Offline Slycoyote

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #353 on: June 14, 2006, 10:03:00 PM »
I linked the Stop Worldhunt on our site to several Bowhunting and hunting sites that I use and several people have sent emails and joined the persistant battle against Worldhunt. Its amazing how few hunters know about this at all. I also emailed several organizations and bowhunting groups to advise them of the issue as well. Texas Bowhunting.com has several members who have come to Tradgang to assist in the fight. Just goes to show you that our wheelie bow brothers are great folks as well.
I choose nothing, I was born, and this is what I am.

Achilles

Correct email addy is [email protected]

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #354 on: June 14, 2006, 10:08:00 PM »
Ray, of course you're right about not goading or gloating in emails to Mr. Farbman, but I've got to admit I really enjoyed JakeH's email.  It's just the thing we'd all love to say directly to his face (but won't because we're taking the high road).

I googled "David Farbman" and found a profile of him in some Detroit publication that was nothing short of hero worship.  It was sickeningly sweet.  Made me throw up in my mouth a little.   "[dead]"
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline JasonV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #355 on: June 14, 2006, 10:09:00 PM »
The pendulum swings pretty widely at Archery Talk - initial excitement, then some reservation once the true concept had time to sink in, then some outright opposition (some pretty heated) but still alot of supporters.
I'll vigrously defend their right to their opinions but I was a bit surprised by the reaction to my post there...

I think its been stated many times before, but it bears repeating:
THIS ISN'T HUNTING.
Its prostituting our hunting heritage in an attempt to make a few men wealthy.
Just look at the promo video on the WHA website:
The "comissioner" sounds like a pitch-man for professional wrestling. Claiming that he and his obscene b@stardization of hunting are "the future of hunting".
The anti-hunting organizations have claimed for years that we hunters are guilty of using game animals as nothing more than interactive targets - now this joker wants to prove them right!!!!!!

Watch the video: the "hunter" draws on a whitetail then closes his eyes to imagine the piles of cash, the sportscars, the mansion, and the handful of "buck-bimbos" walking toward him across a food-plot as the wind blows their hair back seductively - then he opens his eyes and shoots.
Is there really a single hunter here who doesn't find that very image vile and repulsive? Isn't killing a trophy-class deer in and of itself reward enough? Have the fee-for-trophy hunting farms so effectively diminished the meaning of a trophy whitetail, that it is now nothing more than a means to an end?

Do we really think we need to attract new hunters with the promise of fame, fortune, and loose women?????? Is this what we want them to think hunting is all about?
If this abomination comes to pass, I feel a great sense of loss for all the new "hunters" Mr Fabram brings to the fold. Even if some poor kid from inner-city Detroit becomes his next deer-darting superstar, complete with fame, fortune, and women - the poor kid will never know the true exhileration of real hunting. He's the one who will really lose in the long run.

Am I bashing fellow hunters?
Nope.
These guys may have hunted before - but the WHA isn't hunting - and no true hunter would ever prositute his hunting heritage for something as worthless as handfuls of money.
They aren't hunters.

Furthermore, any organization sponsoring the WHA clearly does NOT understand or represent the interests of hunting or true hunters. They should rest assured that the real hunters will take notice......

UNfortunately, I think the mods there have gotten an earful from some of the guys supporting WHA, and probably some of the potential participants, as they sent a message that "personally attacking the participants or supporters" is off-limits.

Hopefully I didn't overstep, but its genuinely how I feel.....
The beaten path is for beaten men.

Offline Slycoyote

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #356 on: June 14, 2006, 10:17:00 PM »
Can we get a Stop WorldHunt Now Link on the Tradgang main page to assist other coming from other sites to participate as well. Right now you must enter Pow Wow to see it.
I choose nothing, I was born, and this is what I am.

Achilles

Correct email addy is [email protected]

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #357 on: June 14, 2006, 10:21:00 PM »
Slycoyote, use this link to post on other boards;

http://tradgang.com/worldhunt/

B
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Timberghost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #358 on: June 14, 2006, 11:05:00 PM »
The head honcho at Summit Tree Stands called me this evening to assure me that Summit will NEVER endorse or sponsor such stupidity.  YEAH!!!

Everone, call or email a sporting goods manufacturer or retailer you like and steer them toward this site.  It works!
The toughest thing I've found about deer hunting is getting them to hold still long enough for me to stick an orange spot on them and then step off the yardage...

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #359 on: June 14, 2006, 11:25:00 PM »
guys I ask you be careful of inviting the wolf into our den. I have had some intersting discussions with these WHA folks on some of these other sites. I am very involved in the fight on Archery Talk also and the WHA has several representatives there "disguised" as regular bowhunters. I know who they are there and can take appropriat measures. I would prefer to be able to keep a more open discussion here, but don't forget that the WHA has some pretty savy hackers working for them. When hunting it is always a bad idea to outline yourself on the horizon, this site has been great cover to work from so far as for they don't realize the threat to them that the Trad Community represents. Would you mind if we kept them in the dark a little while longer?
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©