INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!  (Read 55788 times)

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!
« Reply #400 on: June 15, 2006, 04:44:00 PM »
Do i need to start a separate thread to remind us to e-mail our thanks to these folks who are in our court and willing to put it in writing ?---i guess these threads kind of take a certain tack and once the momentum starts it's hard to get them to go anywhere else---but I think---correction, I know, that a little appreciation (or especially a lot of appreciation) can go a long way and we want to be able to count on these folks help and sympathetic ear the next time a threat rears it's ugly head. Please join me in thanking these people profusely by e-mail and phone call---it's the right thing to do, they deserve our thanks.
"...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way..."
Jimmy Buffet from HE WENT TO PARIS

Offline JasonV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #401 on: June 15, 2006, 04:50:00 PM »
a little more comprehensive report (more states included)

http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us/assets/documents/Hunting%20Economic%20Impact%202001.pdf

You're absolutely right Joel.
I think alot of us are already doing this (I have) - but most people trying to fight this may be too busy sending the e-mails to get back tot he thread here frequently.
Its a good reminder though...
The beaten path is for beaten men.

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #402 on: June 15, 2006, 04:53:00 PM »
I don't know dollar amounts but I can tell you that 712,466 deer licenses were purchased in MI in 2005. Another 346,520 purchased an anterless license as well.  (http://www.michigan.gov/documents/deer_05harvest_161080_7.pdf)

More info can be found at the MI DNR web site:  http://www.michigan.gov/dnr
"Failure is an attitude, not an outcome."  -Harvey Mackay

:archer:               MikeD.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #403 on: June 15, 2006, 04:58:00 PM »
The ATA Stance at this time as reported by Mike

"I just got off the phone with Jay McAninch from ATA and, while their "official" statement has yet to be released, they are concerned and working to make contact with all involved. They haven't been able to meet with this Farber guy yet. They've made contact, but that's it."

Amazing how so many on the board were slated to be sponsors, but they have a hard time having a sit down with this guy. Hopefully things will develop better in the near future here.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline et

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #404 on: June 15, 2006, 05:22:00 PM »
I didn't have it in me to wade through 27 pages to see if this info had been passed on. I recieved an e-mail from G5 letting me know that they had with drawn their support for WHA as of June 12.
et

Online non-typical

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #405 on: June 15, 2006, 05:29:00 PM »
Joel,

a seperate thread might not be a bad idea. You would be suprised how much a "thank you" means to folks who spend a good part of their energy each day fielding complaints or solving problems.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Tradgang member #160

Offline jindydiver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #406 on: June 15, 2006, 05:40:00 PM »
I received a great e-mail recently
 :)
----------------------------------------------
Thank you for your E-Mail.  We appreciate feedback from our customers and value their opinions.

Pneu-Dart has not entered into any formal agreements with the WHA nor do we intend to at this time.  As with any customer, we hope the WHA will do everything in its power to put the animals best interest first.

Sincerely,
Donna
[email protected]

Customer Service

Mick

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #407 on: June 15, 2006, 06:09:00 PM »
Ok guys, I just received this via e-mail on Bass Pro Shops letter head.

To our customers, vendors, and conservation partners;

We have received many e-mails and phone calls regarding the World Hunting Association. Be assured that we will not be involved with the WHA in any way and will encourage our vendors and partners to do the same.

We do not support drugging of these magnificent game animals nor do we support making hunting a professional tournament.

At Bass Pro Shops we believe in the traditional methods of hunting and passing on the heritage of this great sport to future generations.

Sincerely,
Bass Pro Shops

Larry Whiteley
Manager of Corporate Public Relations
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ben Tiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #408 on: June 15, 2006, 06:17:00 PM »
Thanks for the MI stats, guys.  I got what I needed.    Thanks again!!

ben

Offline TBone07

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #409 on: June 15, 2006, 07:12:00 PM »
So they are competeing to take the biggest bucks but don't kill them? This is still called hunting? Is it supposed to be one of those like tranquilizer hunts? This sounds fake, foolish, and simply put a pile of bull s***. Thanks for informing your fellows Trad Shooters!

Offline John Nail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #410 on: June 15, 2006, 07:18:00 PM »
Joel:
It would be great if you'd post a list of the email addresses of people we need to congratulate.
Is it too late to be what I could have been?

Offline Texasrecurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #411 on: June 15, 2006, 07:32:00 PM »
Now that is a fantastic statement from Bass Pro. No ifs, ands, or buts: they outline their stance and leave no doubt where they stand. They will get my business.

TR

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #412 on: June 15, 2006, 08:39:00 PM »
The NSSF stance as given to me by one of my friends in this. I know they aren't archery, but we need all hunters in this together.

We don't have an "official" position written in stone, but for the purpose of your request, you may quote us as, "At this time, the National Shooting Sports Foundation does not support WHA or its tournament hunting concept.  NSSF supports traditional, fair-chase hunting, with its indelible ties to conservation, wildlife management, family values and venison on the table."

I hope this helps.

Best,
Glenn (Sapir)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #413 on: June 15, 2006, 08:41:00 PM »
More joining us.

The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance will have no part of the organization
 http://www.ussportsmen.org/interacti...ad.cfm?ID=1804

USSA Statement on New Tournament Hunting Organization - (06/15) National

A new tournament hunting organization has been announced. It will outfit tournament participants with tranquilizing drugs and darting equipment. The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance has concerns about:

* The potential for misuse of dangerous drugs by lay people,

* The potential for their misuse in the case of unrecovered animals,

* Their impact on non-target species who might feed on carcasses,

* The scattering in the field of syringes that could be found by children,

* A competition that treats wildlife solely as a commercial commodity.

There appear to be a number of legal issues to be overcome (IE. the distribution to participants of drugs tightly controlled by the Food and Drug Administration).

The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance will have no part of the organization.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Information on this website can be reprinted with a citation to the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance and  www.ussportsmen.org
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #414 on: June 15, 2006, 08:42:00 PM »
Joel,
You are right...thank you's are just as important as the calls for help.consider it done.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #415 on: June 15, 2006, 08:59:00 PM »
As a side note. Guys who have PMs in with me. I need you to check yours regularly. I have stuff I won't post that I would like known, just not in the public yet.

Actually anyone can PM me for info. It just needs to stay in PM when I share it. Fair enough?
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline One eye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #416 on: June 15, 2006, 09:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by vermonster13:
from what i've learned so far, Michigan and Colorado are the only two states where this can take place here. The animals are considered livestock inside fenced opperations and they are using the excuse that these deer are tranqued once a year already for innoculations. They will have a vet present for revivals. seems that using a blunt tipped with a tranq would still be an excessive means of doing this and should be considered abuse. It is illegal for this to take place with wild deer everywhere. They are holding up jobs and other enticements for the legislatures to pull this off. The Wildlife Department's hands are tied because they are doing these events inside a fence. The Agriculture Departments of these states have jurisdiction. so perhaps some letters sent there will have some effect.

[email protected]

http://www.ag.state.co.us/complaints/comment.html  
If I am not mistaken, the Governor of Michigan recently transferred jurisdiction of captive cervid herds to the DNR from the Department of Agriculture due to their mismanagement of the current regulations.  So, I believe the Michigan DNR does have a say in this whole fiasco.

I do not believe it should get that far.  Hunters should unite and simply make it unbearable and economically disastrous for any company or individual that partakes of this abmomination.

Dan
“IMVHO, the cast is not in the wood it is cradled in the arms of the bowyer.” – George Tsoukalas

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #417 on: June 15, 2006, 11:12:00 PM »
We need to start going after the bow makers guys.

Bowtech
Martin
Bear
Hoyt
PSE

ETC etc, I'll try to get e-mail addresses and such tomorrow. If anyone has time before then please post them here.

Also word of advice, don't include in your letter "I'm a trad archer and will never buy your product anyways, but" Know what I mean?

Thanks in advance guys.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #418 on: June 15, 2006, 11:31:00 PM »
Just finished speaking with Richard Batdorf the owner of Newberry Bows. He is on our side now, so one compound maker up to the plate for us real hunters.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Lashbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #419 on: June 15, 2006, 11:55:00 PM »
I sent an email in opposition. I hope that they that be with us are more than they that be with them. 2Kings I believe
This crap can not Happen!!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©