INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!  (Read 55771 times)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!
« Reply #480 on: June 19, 2006, 10:49:00 AM »
Thanks for that Chuck. Do you have a site where these guidelines are listed?
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #481 on: June 19, 2006, 11:48:00 AM »
I have sent this to the US Attorneys Office in Michigan. I also have arranged for the Michigan States Attorney to get them. This may be exactly what we needed guys! Once again great work Chuck!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #482 on: June 19, 2006, 02:20:00 PM »
I have now contacted the FDA on this matter as for they are the governing body with the drugs to be used in this event. I'll let everyone know what they tell me.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline DeanD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #483 on: June 19, 2006, 02:53:00 PM »
Vermonster13,

I just wanted to pause for a minute (but only a minute) and tell you personally, "thank you."

Every Army needs a General and, my friend, you are that General.  But so much more.  I, even though I live in Michigan, would never have read about or thought about the WHA unless Don Thomas, you (and others here) had brought it to my attention.  

Now that I know and understand what this heinous organization is about I have been able to formulate lucid arguments and send them or say them to all the Michigan constituency that you have listed from the Governor on down (including Bob Farbman).

Thank you for standing on the front line and yelling "CHARGE"!  Thank you for pushing us to "take this hill."

May you be richly rewarded but as most leaders I'm sure you already are.

Bless you.

Dean
“…perhaps our grandsons, having never seen a wild river, will never miss the chance to set a canoe in singing waters…glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in.”

-Aldo Leopold

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #484 on: June 19, 2006, 03:46:00 PM »
Natural Gear is a sponsor of Brett Hankins the only WHA hunter that has been revealed.

http://www.naturalgear.com/
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #485 on: June 19, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »
The NABC just sent me their position statement.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE               June 19, 2006
PHONE:  (573) 696-3202

North American Bowhunting Coalition Rejects “Hunting” Contest

The World Hunting Association has announced that it has developed a “non-fatal” hunting technique that would be utilized in televised captive big game “hunting” competitions.  This proposal has generated a firestorm of criticism from the nation’s hunters.

Among the leading critics is the North American Bowhunting Coalition (NABC) that represents more than 80 state and provincial-level bowhunting associations.

According to WHA publicity releases, competitors called “professional hunters” would compete with one another for prize money by “hunting” deer and other animals that were confined in escape-proof enclosures with gun or bow.  Drug laden projectiles, darts from guns or arrows from bows, would tranquilize the animal upon being hit and, thus, would be scored as a “kill”.

“The shooting of game animals within high fenced enclosures is a questionable practice in its own right,” said Denny Ballard, Chairman of the NABC.  “Adding drug-tipped projectiles to the process and the public spectacle of “hunters’ gloating over the paralyzed body of a deer would do irreparable harm to ethical hunting.  It is contrary to why we hunt.  Hunting is a time honored tradition and should not be a competition between humans.”

Most hunters, the NABC feels, abide by fair chase hunting rules as their guide.  
Wild game animals respectfully hunted are the products of natural selection as the result of sportsmen-supported conservation programs.  

The NABC is strongly opposed to the tranquilizing of captive game animals, as though it were hunting, and to the World Hunting Association’s intent to conduct televised captive game animal competitive “hunts” for monetary prizes.  This entire concept is an affront to the fair chase standards accepted by today’s hunters.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Huntschool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #486 on: June 19, 2006, 04:33:00 PM »
I happen to like Natural gear.  Here is what I wrote to them:

Sirs:

It is with much concern that I write you regarding your tacit involvement in the WHA.  It would seem one of your sponsored/Pro Staff shooters is on line to participate in this grossly  unethical activity.

I am a teaching and practicing wildlife biologist.  I have the only programs of their kind in the US.  I train commercial hunting property managers and shooting complex managers. I have numerous graduates working in the field and using your products.  I have in the past endorsed your product of my own volition because I thought it was the best pattern out there for my type of archery hunting.  I fear I will no longer be able to do this based on the fact one of your Staffer's is going to be involved in the travesty that is WHA.

Please bring any power that you can to bear against your participation, directly or indirectly in this event.

Before I speak with my graduates, current student and friends, I will await your reply.

I remain,

Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator/Instructor
Game Preserve/Shooting Complex Mgt.
Southeastern Illinois College
NSCA Level III
Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator (retired)
NSCA Level III Instructor
Black Widow Bows
AMM 761

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #487 on: June 19, 2006, 04:53:00 PM »
Bruce,  :thumbsup:  I like it...
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #488 on: June 19, 2006, 09:18:00 PM »
Dear NatGear:

There's a firestorm on the horizon- its called the WHA- a roman-gladiator spectacle of deer in high fenced enclosures being shot with tranquilizer darts from bows and guns- for prize money, sleazy chicks, cars, and homes- that will apparently be seen by folks on television this coming October.

You are now going to be caught up in the middle of that firestorm because of your association with Brett Hankins- aka DARKARCHER on the web, to most of us.

The shooting of game animals within high fenced enclosures is a questionable practice in its own right  and adding drug-tipped projectiles to the process and the public spectacle of “hunters’ gloating over the paralyzed body of a deer will do irreparable harm to ethical hunting.  It is contrary to why we hunt.  Hunting is a time honored tradition and should not be a competition between humans.”

Most hunters abide by fair chase hunting rules as their guide.  Wild game animals respectfully hunted are the products of natural selection as the result of sportsmen-supported conservation programs. This entire concept is an affront to the fair chase standards accepted by today’s hunters.  

As one of the troops on the front lines in a fight to keep this from happening, I regret to inform you that I will purchase no more product from NatGear...and all those I have influence over will not purchase any NatGear products. Additionally, I will be informing our network of activists of your decision to continue to employ this person on your staff and they will likely be doing the same as I.

I like your product, but it is my considered opinion that Mr. Farbman, Matt Moore, and their minions(Brett Hankins among them) will be doing irreparable damage to the future of bowhunting in North America with their poorly-devised scheme.

Mr. Farbman is a condo developer, not a hunter, and apparently has visions of hundreds of high-fenced venues across the country, surrounded by luxury condos, restaurants, and night clubs, where great white hunters can come from the big city and "tag" their bucks, using of course the approved tools like Matthews bows, pneuma dart tranquilizer darts, and maybe NatGear?  

Mr. Farbman will likely become very wealthy from this. The rest of us will be standing around twiddling our thumbs when hunting as we know it has disappeared in America, replaced by this farce.

Do what you will- I'm fighting for our future!

Best wishes,

Ray Hammond
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #489 on: June 19, 2006, 09:24:00 PM »
I'm very proud to see so many people fighting so hard against this.

Honestly, when this all first started, I was somewhat "oh well" with my attitude....I really didn't think we could make as much of a difference so quickly. I am glad to say I was wrong, and you all have given me renewed hope in our fight as sportsman. Thank you....for the hope that we really can make a difference....
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Ben Tiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #490 on: June 20, 2006, 11:21:00 AM »
Flrcurve

If you read these posts, you will find that what they are planning is illegal on many different fronts.

ben

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #491 on: June 20, 2006, 11:25:00 AM »
This is about much more than using drugs to take game. These folks want to represent to the public at large that this is the future of hunting. Trophys and money are all hunters are about. This event would be illegal outside of an enclosure and even inside the enclosure it is a violation of Michigan and Federal laws. The methods they will use in this thing will represent hunting in the worse light possible to  a general public whos votes decides whether we retain our hunting privilages. It fuels and accredits many things antis have been claiming about us for years. if we allow this to take place we will only be strengthening the efforts of those who oppose us.

Read through this entire thread and see if your oppinion on this remains the same. I have yet to have someone not involved with the WHA who hunts that when appraised of the entire issue not become against this fiasco.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #492 on: June 20, 2006, 11:38:00 AM »
flrecurve has no real name in his registration.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Huntschool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #493 on: June 20, 2006, 11:39:00 AM »
I don't know if any of the Comptons board is on here but have they made a statement yet?
Bruce A. Hering
Black Widow Bows
AMM 761

Offline Ben Tiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #494 on: June 20, 2006, 11:40:00 AM »
Thanks, Terry.

ben

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #495 on: June 20, 2006, 12:24:00 PM »
Natural Gear has broken all ties with Brett Hankins due to his relationship with the WHA. They agree with our position on this group.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Huntschool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #496 on: June 20, 2006, 12:41:00 PM »
Vermonster:

When did you hear this from Nat Gear.  Their CEO Leland Sikes is supposed to be out of town until Monday.  When I called down there yesterday afternoon there was no one of the executive staff supposedly there
Bruce A. Hering
Black Widow Bows
AMM 761

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #497 on: June 20, 2006, 12:54:00 PM »
Just over an hour ago we got the word. John Adams let us know.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Huntschool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #498 on: June 20, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »
Thanks buddy.............
Bruce A. Hering
Black Widow Bows
AMM 761

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #499 on: June 20, 2006, 01:48:00 PM »
Scott Archery has now dropped Brett from their website as a pro. Don't know what it means as for no official word has been released. If anyone has contacts there they might want to ask for us.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©