INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!  (Read 55767 times)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!
« Reply #500 on: June 20, 2006, 01:52:00 PM »
Here is the link to NatGears statement

http://www.naturalgear.com/news/news.asp?ID=13&Section=News%20Article

Give these guys some Kudos for doing more than talking.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Huntschool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #501 on: June 20, 2006, 02:01:00 PM »
My thank you to Natural Gear:

Mr. Leland Sikes and all at Natural Gear:

As a follow up to my previous emails regarding WHA and one of your sponsored shooters, I just want to let you know my appreciation of you statement and actions in this regard.

It is company's like yours which will be in the forefront of hunting preservation efforts and as an outcome will be respected and patronized by the hunting community.

I, for one, will continue to personally buy your product and also continue to suggest it to my students and associates.

Thank you for your actions.  I remain
Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator (retired)
Southeastern Illinois College
NSCA Level III Instructor
Black Widow Bows
AMM 761

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #502 on: June 20, 2006, 02:11:00 PM »
I agree, School

I contacted them last evening and actually got a response from John early this morning.

I believe that a two pronged effort of going after the "professional hunters" selected as participants for this event and getting their pro staff status pulled by all manufacturers- and the attack that Vermonster is working on from a legal standpoint, will end this better than anything else we can do.

Can anyone identify any other "hunters" in this deal and do you know who they are staffing for? Let's redouble our efforts.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #503 on: June 20, 2006, 02:49:00 PM »
These 'professional hunters' might actually make it out of this with some, albiet little, dignity and self respect if they would wake up, admit they made a mistake and sever their ties with the WHA.

Keep snooping if you have contacts, they can't hide forever.
"Failure is an attitude, not an outcome."  -Harvey Mackay

:archer:               MikeD.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #504 on: June 20, 2006, 03:10:00 PM »
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #505 on: June 20, 2006, 05:07:00 PM »
TTT
"...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way..."
Jimmy Buffet from HE WENT TO PARIS

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #506 on: June 20, 2006, 07:20:00 PM »
One More Time Gang

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #507 on: June 20, 2006, 08:41:00 PM »
over on  www.weloveoutdoors.com  they have a poll that is at least honest and seems fairly run. They also have a message board. There's a goodly number of posters saying this thing could be GOOD!

Here is what I posted behind one of those fellows.

The difficulty with this is there is NO WAY to do this without causing problems for hunting.

Let's say it goes PERFECTLY, without a hitch.
What happens then? The antis begin a campaign full of choice little film snippets showing the promo clip on the WHA website...a guy has a big buck approaching..and you see what he is thinking- cars, ho's, houses...then he makes the shot, baby! Then they interlace some choice commentary on how they have been telling the world for years that hunters are nothing but USERS- using poor, defenseless, prisoner deer to achieve stardom, and get hot babes, cars and cash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's say, just for argument's sake, that there's a hitch in darting, and one of the HERO bucks...that some little kid in New York City has been cheering for like the good little liberal vegatarian his mommy raised him to be(of course he lives in a one parent household)- gets stabbed in the lungs with this trank dart and DIES. How are they going to SPIN that? Its a likely possibility you know. Vets standing by or not..and I don't think they will get most vets to sign up for this...its USING animals for entertainment and at the same time endangering their lives...a vet might lose his license since this would in practice violate the very oath they took to become vets.

Let's say it goes beautifully, as Farbman hopes and SWEEPS the nation. Every household has watched it like American Idol. What will happen next? Think! These guys don't kill the deer, why do YOU need to kill deer? You're a barbarian..that can be the only reason. Let's have a vote- everyone against hunting in the country stand up and raise your voice- AYE AYE!!! No need for what we do. We can pay Farbman a couple grand once a year to trank a deer and have our picture taken, right?

See where this is going? There is no win for us- only for Farbman and his partners. The hunting industry? Losers. Except for the companies that get on board with approved equipment...and let's face it, you cant use YOUR eqipment..it takes special stuff to use these trank darts.

You need to be careful what you wish for..you might get it.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #508 on: June 20, 2006, 10:54:00 PM »
Guys you would be amazed at how many hunters are still unaware of the WHA and even more surprised at how many organizations don't know. We to still keep spreading the word. Every voice we add to the opposition, makes us that much louder to the people who need to hear!

Thanks again for everyone's efforts here. Many sites have already let this go and you would be surprised at howm many people have told me that they are sick of hearing about it. We can't let up, the future of hunting is at stake.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #509 on: June 20, 2006, 10:57:00 PM »
Well done Vmonster....well done.  Never give up....just like bowhunting, one good shot aint enough...keep stacking them!!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #510 on: June 20, 2006, 11:06:00 PM »
One other thing I keep forgetting. You guys can all call me Dave. Some day when things are settled I'll tell the story of where the name Vermonster13 comes from. But for now we have a trust we were given that is our resposibility to pass on to the next generation, I take that seriously as I know you all do. The WHA will be stopped, it is our duty and our privilage as hunters.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Texasrecurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #511 on: June 21, 2006, 12:22:00 AM »
A friend of mine here in my hometown is a guide and took Tred Barta out to one of his leases in West Texas last year to hunt javelina for a week. The show will be on OLN early next season. Anyway, the point of the story is that I ran into him over the weekend and he didn't know a thing about this. So, of course I filled him in and asked him to tell Tred about it also, the next time he talked to him. BTW he has been a staunch compound hunter his whole hunting career, but after a week with Tred he bought a new Great Plains TD recurve and is shooting cedars!!

TR

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #512 on: June 21, 2006, 09:33:00 AM »
good morning. TTT
"...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way..."

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #513 on: June 21, 2006, 09:42:00 AM »
cedars!! AAAHHH!!! LOL

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #514 on: June 21, 2006, 10:21:00 AM »
Mike Hanback who writes the Buck Zone blog on Outdoors Life online   http://mikehanback.blogs.com/   has said he has five names of hunters participating in this. I wrote him an e-mail asking him to share these names as for it would help us identify more potential sponsors. I ask that all of you do the same.

[email protected]
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #515 on: June 21, 2006, 11:36:00 AM »
Another company joins the opposition of the WHA!

This will be published shortly on the Hunting Solutions (Millinneum TreeStands) website.

From the desk of Bill Alexander, President

Recently, we were made aware of an attempt to establish an organization, which we feel would be detrimental to the future of hunting.
The World Hunting Association proposal is far from anything we would ever be able to support.
As a responsible member of the hunting industry community, we would encourage others to consider their position on this issue carefully, and join us in this stance.

Hunting Solutions
2486 Commercial Drive
Pearl, MS 39208
 www.huntingsolutionsusa.com
Tel: 601-932-5832
Fax: 601-932-0068
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #516 on: June 21, 2006, 03:22:00 PM »
Jim Zumbo of Outdoors Life speaks out againt the WHA

http://www.outdoorlife.com/outdoor/news/article/0,19912,1206473,00.html
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #517 on: June 21, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »
TTT

Offline Buckscout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #518 on: June 21, 2006, 06:19:00 PM »
It is very encouraging to read Jim Zumbo's stance on the WHA. We all know that he has been a heavy weight personality in the shooting and hunting sports for years and I think prominent outdoor writers like Jim can have a HUGE impact on this issue.  They can bring lots more publicity and attention with their many contacts and their articles.

I would also like to see guys like Bill Jordan of Realtree and Toxy Haas of Mossy Oak come out with some statements as well. Seems to me that all hunting related manufacturers need to step up too. Let's face it, the WHA is going to need a whole lot more clout come out against it than we bowhunters.

(Although I like to think that Dave and the rest of us tradgangers have caused a pretty good stir, in getting the ball rolling!!!)
Paul Williams

"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline 42WLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #519 on: June 21, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »
"Extreme' hunters target video market
Thursday, June 02, 2005
By Bick Treut

Brothers Karl and Dave Zainitzer of West Amwell Township and good friend Paul Lee of Stewartsville share a passion for hunting.

And for years, the three landscapers who work at different firms in the area considered getting into the hunting industry. They thought about opening a hunting store but didn't like the idea of being cooped up inside.

Then the idea struck.

A year ago, they bought three video cameras including a $5,500 Cannon XL2 mini digital video camera and entered the hunting video production business. They founded Xtreme Outdoors by recognizing that the Northeast "never really gets the recognition it deserves as a hunting region," said Karl Zainitzer, 36. His brother is 33, Lee is 37.

They considered the idea for about a year "game planning, trying to figure out when and how to get into it" he said. "I tried to get into the industry by using other larger video companies but they were unresponsive. So we decided, why not do it ourselves?"

For now, Xtreme Outdoors is a sideline but all indications are it could become the trio's full-time gig.

Their first video, Xtreme Whitetails One, will be released shortly and they project sales of 5,000 to 10,000 units, according Zainitzer. Orders are flying in from local and regional sporting goods chains and retail behemoth Wal-Mart expressed interest in the title, he said.

There seems to be a large untapped market. With all of the people who hunt in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and New York "most of the video industry coverage is in the Midwest and the west," said Karl Zainitzer.

Xtreme Outdoors plans to release one new video per year.

"Right now we're busy wrapping up the editing (of their first video)" he said. "We've just sent it to be duplicated and we finished the DVD cover. We're also very busy with the marketing side of things."

The company hired a professional editor to put together the final cut but the principals do all the camera work themselves. "With outdoor film, shaky footage is ok," said Zainitzer. "It gives people a better feel for hunting so we mount the camera on our shoulder instead of using tripods."

Xtreme Outdoors doesn't like to do cutaways. "When there's a split in the scene, people realize it's not real. We try to keep both the animal and the hunter in the same shot. We also do a lot of panning back and forth," he said.

The company has assembled 22 videographers in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Wisconsin, Kentucky and Ohio for up coming videos. "They tend to go out in pairs," Zainitzer said. "One person hunts and the other holds the camera."

Long term, Xtreme Outdoors plans on assembling annual turkey and big game hunt videos. "We're talking about elk, caribou and bear. We're also going to put a guy in Africa," Zainitzer said.

For more information on Xtreme Outdoors, visit their Web site at xtremeoutdoorspro.com or call 347-3366.
Dave Thomas
VP, Rockfish Bowhunters Club

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©