INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!  (Read 55766 times)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!
« Reply #520 on: June 21, 2006, 07:12:00 PM »
I guess we know who will be filming the hunts
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline 42WLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #521 on: June 21, 2006, 07:13:00 PM »
Here is the slogan from the website.

XO is "Taking Fair Chase Hunting To The Xtreme"

ironic huh?   :confused:
Dave Thomas
VP, Rockfish Bowhunters Club

Offline Ted A. Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #522 on: June 21, 2006, 07:23:00 PM »
Hit em in the pocketbook.  The only place they care about!
Ted A. Young AKA COB.  When I was young I spoke as child.  Now I'm older and got more sense I can't get any one to listen to me!

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #523 on: June 21, 2006, 07:27:00 PM »
I released these names on another site and I am getting pounded over there. What did these guys plan on doing hunting in masks and never revealing their names?
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline 42WLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #524 on: June 21, 2006, 07:41:00 PM »
I read the comments on the other site. The moderators are protecting the "hunters" and I use that term loosely.

You are right if they are so proud to be associated with this organization they should be standing up for it not relying on moderators to protect them by quashing debate.

Every decision comes with consequences. They should have made a better decision. Now they have to live with it unless they change their minds. I don’t think it is too late for that.
Dave Thomas

Offline kawika b

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #525 on: June 21, 2006, 07:47:00 PM »
some pretty idiotic stuff being posted in response eh dave? if the hunters signed up for this hunt then they stand behind the intentions of WHA right? so no harm no foul. i for one wouldn't sign on for something i did not believe in. no matter the cash. morals first. good job so far big bro dave!!!
Nana ka maka;
ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes;
listen with the ears;
shut the mouth.

Thus one learns>>>------>TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #526 on: June 21, 2006, 07:47:00 PM »
You should see the PMs I'm getting from one of the WHA flunkys. I asked him if they planned on hunting in masks? If this is such a stand up thing to be doing why aren't they out explaining why? The WHA seems short on releasing information, so I am just doing a public service.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #527 on: June 22, 2006, 08:48:00 AM »
Emailed ya David....
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #528 on: June 22, 2006, 10:33:00 AM »
You want me to do the changes when I get a chance Terry or are you guys going to set it up?
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #529 on: June 22, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »
Now for the things said on the other thread. the hunters names came from the WHA. I have not personally attacked any of them nor have I asked for their sponsors to drop them. I have asked sponsors on their intentions with the WHA. The one sponsor who did drop a "hunter" did so because they did not agree with the WHA's vision and their sponsored pro hadn't discussed this with them at all. As far as talking this over with them, they have had every chance to come forward and tell their side. The only one who had done so is Brett and I respect him for that, but he vehemently defends the WHA.

If you are going to be part of a group that claims they will redefine hunting and bring in a nontraditional market by making it more palatable by not killing, then you had best bring some supporting evidence. The WHA has yet to answer any of the questions they asked for me to collect for them on another site. they released a statement that they will answer some stuff in the future and that we should just pretty much trust them.

These guys want to do something that is illegal and that is being addressed. They also claim that most hunters agree with this league, untrue. They claim they will do a lot for hunting by holding these events, I ask how? By reinforcing the image that hunters are only after a trophy, animals are toys for our amusement, and that killing isn't necessary in hunting? That FDA controlled substances are viable hunting tools? That high fence operations with unrealistic deer populations and sizes happen everywhere?

If all of these hunters are so sure this is the right thing to do, why aren't they out defending this event and giving us information to show us how good it is for hunting? Why all of the secrecy on the equipment and everything else?

It would be unethical for me to stand by and do nothing. I have refused to play this dirty and will continue to do so. I have received many requests for dirt and information I have found. I won't play that way. You guys don't even see a quarter of what is going on here. It isn't possible for me to put everything up and there are things I just won't put up.

As far as the names, they were coming out no matter what eventually. I posted them so we could try to identify more potential sponsors for this. Do you think that the WHA is going to reveal anymore until they absolutely have to after the backlash they have received from the majority of hunters?

I don't want to destroy any of these hunters livelihood, but I also don't want them destroying hunting as we know it. If they realize that this is as wrong as the majority of us have and would state so, I would be more than willing to help them get back any sponsors they have lost. But they have a responsibility to the their sponsors also.

I am not the bad guy here, I am the guy doing the work with others to protect hunting. I didn't sign on to the WHA, I didn't make claims that I have all the answers to "save hunting", and I am not trying to transform hunting into a spectacle. I am trying to save what we have and not have our own empower the very arguments we have been fighting against.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #530 on: June 22, 2006, 11:09:00 AM »
Very well put.     :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
"Failure is an attitude, not an outcome."  -Harvey Mackay

:archer:               MikeD.

Offline JasonV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #531 on: June 22, 2006, 11:21:00 AM »
Great to read Jim Zumbo's stance on this.

Its interesting that you only hear opposition or silence...  I've read many statements by companies and individuals "in the industry" which openly and strongly oppsose the WHA, but none supporting it openly.

This tells me one of two things:
1.  that there are NO supporters, and as soon as a company, host, etc hears of the WHA they speak out against it - in which case we need to be sure everyone knows about the WHA and what it really intends
OR
2.  there are supporters, but they are hiding bcz they are afraid of being openly associated with such a controversial proposal - in which case, we need to let them know that we are paying attention, and expect a stance one way or the other...  if they are not willing to support the WHA openly now, they are very likely to withdraw their "secret" support when pushed to take a stand....

Either way, the e-mails, letters, and phone calls from guys just like us WILL determine the outcome.
Not to sound patronizing, but I'm very proud of the people here working so hard on this - both those "out front" and the multitude who are quietly writing and calling.
Keep up the good work - there is no question that this IS the right war to fight....

And if you happen to be quietly following this, but are not involved yet, take a few minutes to contact ANYONE who needs to be involved - whether its your friends and family, your local shop, or a major corporation - its well worth your time.
The beaten path is for beaten men.

Offline JasonV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #532 on: June 22, 2006, 11:34:00 AM »
posted the above before I read page 36 (somehow missed it...)

Dave, I agree completely with releasing the names - and I am astounded that the other web-site wants to shield these guys.   The biggest problem with web interaction is the anonymity - people feel they can say whatever they want because they don't have to personally stand by what they say - its a farce.
If these guys signed on without thinking it thru, then its time to stand up and say so, drop out, and join the rest of us.
If they still think its a good idea, then they have a duty to stand up and defend it.

Their silence makes me lose any shred of doubt I had about their integrity to this point.
They too are just trying to ride this out until they know how much money they will or won't make...   "[dntthnk]"
The beaten path is for beaten men.

Offline TBoone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #533 on: June 22, 2006, 11:44:00 AM »
This is Diane Kinney.  I am on the Council of the P.B.S.  I DO NOT speak for or as Council but as a Regular Life Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society.  As such, I believe my organization stands in direct opposition to everything related to the WHA.  Their activities and purpose stand in stark contrast to the tenets contained in our Constitution and By Laws. Their use of the word "professional" in any way is offensive to me.
  Gone hunting, really!
  Diane

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #534 on: June 22, 2006, 12:07:00 PM »
[RANT ON]
My fear is that some of the bug guns that have not responded are just waiting for the initial firestorm to end and for everyone to loose focus so they can come out and make their big $$$$. Maybe they already have a vested interest?

Case in Point: Polaris still has an ad on the Worldhunt web site. I have still not gotten a response from Polaris nor have a seen one posted by anyone else.

We also cannot assume that just because a manufacturer has come out against it now that they won't change their mind down the road as things change.  These are big businesses who are out to make to make big money.

We need to keep reinforcing to them that we as hunters, sportsmen, outdoorsmen, etc. will continue to support those that oppose the goals of the WHA and will continue to stop supporting anyone that does not.  And we really need to stand behind our threats of non-support (Even if it means you have to switch from your favorite deer scent, broadhead, ATV manufacturer, candy bar, etc.)

[/RANT OFF]

I can't say enough about what an awesome job everyone here is doing.

Thanks from MI!
"Failure is an attitude, not an outcome."  -Harvey Mackay

:archer:               MikeD.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #535 on: June 22, 2006, 12:11:00 PM »
So far, I'm with ya Dave.
Chuck

Offline 42WLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #536 on: June 22, 2006, 12:42:00 PM »
Here is a link to Ted Nugent's United Sportman of America forum. They are posting about the
WHA.

http://nugeboard.tednugent.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/258215.html

No statement on Ted's webpage that I can find either.
Dave Thomas

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #537 on: June 22, 2006, 02:24:00 PM »
I see that Jay McAninch is using TNUSA website as his 'ad hoc' or unofficial polling place...i.e.- he's sticking his wet digit in the air over there and trying to gauge public opinion on which way the ATA should go on this.

didn't even realize Uncle Ted wielded such power that mfr's considered his website the ultimate location to garner a good cross-sectional opinion of bowhunters. Wow. Good to know for future reference.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #538 on: June 22, 2006, 04:24:00 PM »
Has anyone heard anything back from PSE, Hoyt, Bowtech, Martin or Bear?
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline StickBowManMI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #539 on: June 22, 2006, 05:32:00 PM »
This is the stupidest idea that I ever heard of. No wonder that Don Thomas thought it was a joke. How can the sponsors take this seriously? It won't sell any bows or guns! It certainly won't help hunting.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©