INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!  (Read 55677 times)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!
« Reply #580 on: June 28, 2006, 10:26:00 AM »
Bowhunt America has a full page ad in the new issue for WHA

Any subscribers out there?
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #581 on: June 28, 2006, 11:07:00 AM »
Bowhunt America contact info:

Publisher: Sherry Krenz [email protected]

Editorial: Bill Krenz [email protected]

Give them some kudos folks! I took the post below from a friend helping us on another site.

Bowhunt America's stance on the WHA

I just spoke with Bill Krenz, owner/editor of BH AM. He informed me that there will be one Ad in I believe the Whitetail spcl, that cannot be pulled. They do not support the WHA.
He also said the WHA paid for a years worth of ads but wouldnt reveal what they were all about as it was wanted to be a "surprise". The WHA was refunded appropriate $ and was dropped. Mr. Krenz stated he felt duped into a bad position by haveing the true nature of the WHA concealed from him.
Having to hide the facts of your orginization in order to get publicity is yet another indicator of just how BAD an idea this is!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #582 on: June 28, 2006, 02:01:00 PM »
Ray,

Did anyone ever get these hunters addresses?....if you go in for the videos, I'm in as well...you just let me know.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #583 on: June 28, 2006, 02:04:00 PM »
I have spoke with one of these guys Terry. Save your money and time. Call your senators and congressmen and have them get the FDA on this.

Money was a big part of my conversation with a "hunter" with lip service to getting new hunters involved. It was like talking to a cult member.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Texasrecurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #584 on: June 28, 2006, 04:43:00 PM »
The "hunters" (and I use that term loosly, have visions of fame and fortune in their future. Their morals and scruples, if they ever had any, are waaaay taking a back seat. I intend to do everything I can to see that their fun dies an early death.

TR

Offline JasonV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #585 on: June 28, 2006, 06:06:00 PM »
I just got off the phone with one of the vetrinarians from the FDA - she was very nice and had actually done some checking - obviously, she too was apalled by the proposed "hunts" - unfortunatley, she said it was past the point that the FDA could get involved.  She said that they only function up to the point that the drugs become licensed and approved.  They do become involved agaiin if there are reports of adverse reactions to the meds - in which case they may begin action to remove the drug from the market, but they do not monitor the actual users of the drugs.
This doesn't seem to be the case, so she said they didn't have any authority.  
(This didn't surprise me much, since the FDA funtions the same way with drugs for human use - its the DEA that monitors use, not the FDA)

She suggested contacting the State Board of Vetrinary Medicine in Michigan:

(517) 335-0918

I left a message there as well - will post what I hear back from the Mi State Board....  (I know several people have contacted them already, but the more contacts they have, the more likely they are to take action....)
The beaten path is for beaten men.

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #586 on: June 28, 2006, 06:19:00 PM »
Good Job Jason   :thumbsup:

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #587 on: June 28, 2006, 06:46:00 PM »
You got an answer Jason, excellent. I went that way on the recomendation of an FDA investigator. I'm glad the FDA at least gave you a direction.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline aussiebowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #588 on: June 29, 2006, 02:24:00 AM »
TTT

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #589 on: June 29, 2006, 07:13:00 AM »
If Chuck Sykes Is so deeply involved, and he already has a show on the Outdoor channel, maybe we should let the sponsors of "Management Advantage" know where Chuck Stands on the WHA and how we feel about  it. The letter from Chuck and the letter from the founder are pure PR BS. The one positive note might be that the WHA site has toned down the hype a little since the first time I was there and now actually seem to be somewhat defensive. Obviously all the work by sportsman is having some effect. KEEP IT UP!

As a side note, I watched the season opening show for "dream season 3" the other night. While I've enjoyed that show n the past and thought it was well done, I won't be watching it any more as I feel it opened the door to this kind of non-sense.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #590 on: June 29, 2006, 10:20:00 AM »
Guys,

What do we need here?....do we need another form letter to send out?...what addreses should be on it?

Some of you guys are really good at wrighting letters..Jason, David, and Ray Hammon and others have really written some great common sence emails.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #591 on: June 29, 2006, 10:28:00 AM »
Ray Has written a great letter to Sykes, perhaps it should be CC to sponsors and the channel that shows his show.

I also think everyone who can call the number Jason posted should do so and I'll try to get a letter for e-mailing and address for the Michigan Veterinarian Board up later.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #592 on: June 29, 2006, 10:30:00 AM »
Here is some more Media support for us.

Plenty of cons to pro hunting

By MICHAEL HOFFMAN Tribune Chronicle correspondent

It sometimes amazes me when I see hunters stab themselves and their sport by doing really stupid things.

Now here comes the latest idiotic effort to cause anti-hunters joy and give non-hunters a reason to think hunting is a bad idea.

An organization in Michigan called the World Hunting Association is planning to turn hunting into a competitive sport, similar to bass fishing. The plan is to create a competitive tour in which “professional hunters” shoot trophy animals with tranquilizer darts while dressed in clothing bearing the logos of sponsoring companies.

The founder of the WHA is a Michigan resident named David Farbman. He’s also the commissioner and chief executive officer of the organization, which has a group of investors and is offering $500,000 in prize money for the first two tournaments.

“The WHA fills a void by providing a platform that benefits the entire international hunting industry today and for generations to come,” Farbman said.

“For far too long, hunters have looked forward to the day when we would eventually get our own professional sports league,” said some guy named Brett Hankins, who is identified as a WHA hunter.

What these people plan to do is fence off a large area — in Michigan, to start — then cull the deer herd within that area, leaving only whitetails with wall-hanger type racks. Then, for the tournament, the “professional hunters” will use all their alleged skills to find trophy animals to bring down with darts.

Obviously, it’s going to be quite a challenge finding a trophy animal in a fenced-in area where there are nothing but trophy animals.

One of the most interesting things about this competitive “sport” is the fact that darting large animals with tranquilizers is a very tricky thing to do. In fact, it is such a difficult endeavor that the wildlife biologists who are trained to do it usually have veterinarians standing by.

And even with all the precautions these real professionals take, darted animals sometimes die.

The very idea of guys in logo-covered camos shooting darts at wild animals for cash prizes in a high-fence enclosure and calling it hunting makes me quite ill.

The folks at PETA, the Humane Society of the United States, Friends of Animals and other like-minded animal-rights organizations are going to love it.

While the “hunters” will be armed only with darts, the anti-hunting people will be loaded for bear.

Hunting Web sites all over the internet are being bombarded by hunters screaming blue, bloody murder about this idea, and thoughtful outdoorsmen are threatening boycotts of any of the companies that participate as sponsors.

The result of that has been the withdrawal of at least one company from the currently-secret list of sponsors.

Xtreme Scents, a Brighton, Mich. firm that produces deer-hunting scents mainly for bowhunters, has pulled out. “It is our goal, as a company, to do what is best for our customers, retailers, and the hunting industry,” the company said in announcing its withdrawal.

One can only hope that any other sponsors will do the right thing and send this idea to that spot in oblivion it so richly deserves.

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #593 on: June 29, 2006, 01:28:00 PM »
I finally got a response from my State Representive - positive news:

Dear Mike,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I was not aware of such a movement. As a member of Women in the Outdoors, I am making a few phone calls to other WITO members as well as my colleagues in the House Sportsmen Caucus.  I will be forwarding your email to some colleagues that serve on the Outdoor Recreation Committee for input.

Thanks for the heads up!  If you have any other concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact my office.

Sincerely,

PAULA ZELENKO
State Representative
District 50
"Failure is an attitude, not an outcome."  -Harvey Mackay

:archer:               MikeD.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #594 on: June 29, 2006, 01:44:00 PM »
I have received some positive news from elsewhere on this also. I think Michigan is starting to shore up nicely. Colorado is the next state of major concern.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #595 on: June 29, 2006, 02:30:00 PM »
Everyone just keep the phone calls, emails and letters rolling.

I am surprised by how many people, even those who keep up with hunting and outdoor events, are still not aware of this.

The WHA has tried to keep this thing quiet for a good reason.  The more people that are made aware of their agenda the better.

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #596 on: June 29, 2006, 03:45:00 PM »
Also, I find it easier and quiter to assemble the stand at the car,  strap it together and carry it out in one piece rather than assembling it at the stand location.  (esp if you have help putting them up.)

Also cuts down on noise/scent at the scene.    :thumbsup:

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #597 on: June 29, 2006, 03:47:00 PM »
opps posted in wrong thread, sorry

Offline ozarkcherrybow1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #598 on: June 29, 2006, 10:26:00 PM »
Just spoke with a State Senator this morning about this. Nothing in writing but he assured me that there is NO WAY anything like this would fly in Arkansas! "We are too Pro-Hunting".
  Terry

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #599 on: June 29, 2006, 11:38:00 PM »
Vermonster,
I cannot find my email to Chuck Sykes on this computer.

Can you please post it here, so others may use it as a template to write to the sponsors of Management Advantage?
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©