INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!  (Read 55660 times)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2006, 11:02:00 AM »
The Colorado ones aren't on point for this, these deer aren't considered wildlife but livestock. So we need something on that if you have it Ben. Thanks for all of this, it is very helpful.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Jimbob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2006, 11:07:00 AM »
According to the ESPN article Gorrila treestands and Carbon Express are also on board with the World Hunting Association. Can anyone confirm this? I have already sent letters to Xtreme scents, Pnuedart, and G5. I am getting ready to call them also. Lets get a complete list and start making phone calls to the sponsors and to your local dealers.
Jimbob

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2006, 11:15:00 AM »
Those two companies were considering being sponsors but a very active e-mail campaign convinced them otherwise and they are now pursueing legal action against the WHA for releasing their names as sponsors before any contracts had been signed. here is the link to their statement.

http://www.carbonexpressarrows.com/
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Jimbob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2006, 11:24:00 AM »
Alright! We are all just one voice, But together we can move Mountains. Do you see the power that an individual can have when we band together, and voice our opinion. Keep it up let everyone know how you feel. This is great!
Jimbob

Offline Ben Tiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2006, 11:33:00 AM »
This is from the Colorado Agriculture section of the statute referring to Livestock.

35-42-109. Protection of animals mistreated, neglected, or abandoned

(1) No animal shall be mistreated or neglected to such degree or abandoned in any circumstance so that the animal's life or health is endangered.

(2) (a) . . .

(b) Pursuant to court order, the commissioner may take charge of, provide for, or remove from the area or building where found any livestock found to be mistreated or neglected to such degree or abandoned in any circumstance so that the animal's life or health is endangered. The commissioner shall petition any court of competent jurisdiction for a prompt hearing to determine whether the owner, if known, is able to adequately provide for the animal and is a fit person to own the animal.

(8) Any officer or agent of the bureau may lawfully interfere to prevent the perpetration of an act of mistreatment, neglect, abandonment, or cruelty, pursuant to part 2 of article 9 of title 18, C.R.S., which act occurs in his presence.

The following is especially important. . .

35-42-104. Scope of article

(2) In case of any conflict between this article or regulations adopted pursuant to this article or section 35-43-126 and the wildlife statutes of the state, said wildlife statutes shall control.

Offline Ben Tiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2006, 11:37:00 AM »
All the alternative livestock section says is that it is unlawful to "hunt" them w/o a hunter safety card.  Doesn't apply, however, because this is not hunting.  If someone were to say that they were treating them as livestock and that action wasn't prohibited under the livestock statutes, this treatment would still be prohibited under the wildlife statute because 35-42-104 (2) controls.

ben

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2006, 11:38:00 AM »
I can see how they can get around this one, to much wiggle room. I won't go in depth on it unless someone really needs me to. If they can be stopped in their home state, perhaps we can make it to costly to be the profitable venture they are hoping for.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline tamure

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2006, 12:03:00 PM »
How about the IBO, are they aware of this?

If the fatality rate of tranq'ing deer is really that high, then maybe the animal cruelty laws in Michigan would prevent this, even though the deer are considered livestock.

If any of you guys have access to scientific data or journals documenting high death rates with use of tranqs, that I think could be the most persuasive in getting the state itself to shut this thing down.
Directions: Hike, camp, hunt, fish, wash, rinse, repeat.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2006, 12:15:00 PM »
I believe the Michigan Law Ben listed has us covered, its the Colorado laws that are murkier.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline saxton1979

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2006, 12:37:00 PM »
I just spoke with Matt Grace one of the owners of G5 outdoors.  He seemed very polite and attentive to the concerns of us like minded bowhunters.  He also was already aware of the grave concerns that we hunters share.  I made a point to express my personal feelings about the future impact of the WHA and also shared some of those expressed on this particular forum.  He is actually having meetings in the next few days to talk about pulling sponsorship.  I believe the action or inaction of fellow hunters will dictate whether this grave organization is able to go into existence.  Fellow like-minded hunters need to step up now to prevent the institution and sponsorship of such commercialization of our heritage.  The magnitude will only be realized when it is to late.  Thank you Don for bringing this to our attention.  Readers please continue to voice your concerns, only volume will prevent this.  Aaron

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2006, 01:07:00 PM »
This is ridiculous, Hunting is not a game nor should it be about competition. The Jack@ss in the video with the compound doesnt look like he  even has his arrow on the rest. What do they think will happen if someone slips a blunt between the ribs. It surely will penetrate far enough for a kill. Not a very humane one at that. Thanks for the info. Hope we can stop this. Not a good way to teach our youth.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline insttech1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2006, 01:22:00 PM »
I was just writing Carbon Express a nasty-gram, but see that they have pulled their sponsorship...

I think the manufacturers that pull their sponsorship deserve as many emails of respect and support for their products as the ones that are sponsoring this fiasco deserve all the nasty-grams that we can possibly send!!!!

So if someone pulls their sponsorship of this organized stupidity, please send them an email of congratulations for their TRUE support of hunting and the associated community members.

Take Care,
Marc
"When you catch Hell--DROP IT!!  When you're going thru Hell--DON'T STOP!!"

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2006, 01:23:00 PM »
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »
So the WHA promised answers to  a bunch of questions I had members of another site post. This is their idea of answers. Let me know what you think.

Date:June 12, 2006
Re:World Hunting Association

Dear fellow hunters:

I want to personally welcome you to the WHA, a new professional competitive world tour designed by
hunters, for hunters. I have been an avid hunter for more than 20 years and have hunted with nearly
every weapon. Hunting is my passion, and I am now dedicating my life to the sport. In addition, our
team and supporters are largely comprised of experienced and passionate hunters.

The World Hunting Association intends to expand the next generation of hunters and hunting fans by
showcasing the true essence of hunting and by offering exciting and educational content to provide
more people facts about hunting. We are also creating a foundation which will donate to charitable
and non-profit organizations that help enhance hunting, such as venison donation charities, and that
offer hunting trips to those who are critically ill or less privileged.

Many people are very interested in finding out more details on the WHA and how we will achieve our
goals. Over the coming months, we will unveil:

•Details about the competitions and tournament format.

•The darting process and procedures, including the recovery, release and treatment process.

•Exciting features on the full-scale, interactive worldhunt.com website.

•The positive impact the WHA will have on conservation, including aging of animals, vaccinations
against widespread disease found in deer herds, and other valuable scientific and wildlife impacts.

•Valuable tips relating to deer management and crop management.

•The culling process that we use to thin the herd in a responsible and educated manner (taking place
outside of the tournament format).

•The hunting-related charitable organizations that will be the recipients of WHA donations.

Let’s face it: our sport could use a “shot in the arm.” The number of licensed hunters has been
declining for years and many people view hunters and hunting in an inaccurate and unflattering way.
It’s time to improve that image and show the world the complexity, skill, and strategy that is the core
of hunting.

While additional details of the WHA will be disclosed in the coming months, I want you to understand
some of the core elements of the competitions:

•Although, for purposes of broadening viewership, the competition will be based on “non-fatal” hunting,
we completely support harvest hunting.

•The WHA competition will focus on many of the same skills required in harvest hunting, including
scents, positioning, scent elimination, stand strategies, gauging and playing the wind, and many
other practices.

•The scoring system will reward competitors for their hunting skill. While the animals will not die, the
hunt itself will be challenging and intense.

•To preserve ecology, the animals will be given certain vaccinations and will have blood work
completed immediately by a licensed veterinarian; animals will be marked and not shot twice in
a competition.

Now is the time for all hunters to stand together, shoulder to shoulder. While new ideas and change
can sometimes be uncomfortable, this is a great opportunity for hunters to elevate the sport, clear up
misconceptions, and expand the next generation of hunters.

Let us unite as hunters and work together to grow the sport. I welcome your feedback and suggestions
as we are building the tour. Please send feedback to [email protected]. When we launch
the first event in the fall, it will be our tour, designed especially for hunters like us.
We should all be proud.

Sincerely,

David Farbman
Commissioner and CEO, WHA
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Glenn29

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Whittington Photography
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2006, 01:57:00 PM »
"The hunting-related charitable organizations that will be the recipients of WHA donations."

Would like to know who these people will be!

"Let’s face it: our sport could use a “shot in the arm.” The number of licensed hunters has been
declining for years and many people view hunters and hunting in an inaccurate and unflattering way.
It’s time to improve that image and show the world the complexity, skill, and strategy that is the core
of hunting."

Makes me sick to my stomach to have some clown out there like this trying to promote some I love and care for so much and yet there is nothing I can really do to stop him.

:help:
Can't see the forest for all the trees..

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2006, 02:07:00 PM »
Yes there are things you can do Glenn. Money is all this is about, send e-mails to the addresses listed throught out this post voicing your displeasure. Tell your local archery shop about this and tell them how carrying the sponsors products is detrimental to hunting. You'll be surprise how far this can go to stopping this. Two major sponsors to be have already backed out because of the sheer number of e-mails and phone calls they received.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Blue Moose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2006, 02:11:00 PM »
My letters have been sent. TM

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2006, 02:11:00 PM »
If he could get that wording into a pattern...he'd have some serious camo.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Glenn29

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Whittington Photography
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2006, 02:18:00 PM »
Oh, I sent the emails and that is all I have been doing this morning here at work is sending emails and posting about this on other sites.

What I mean is I can't legally go find this guy and show him what hunting is about....  :saywhat:
Can't see the forest for all the trees..

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2006, 02:21:00 PM »
Exactly my thoughts Terry. The guy sounds more and more like a politician. At age 34, he knows how the future of hunting should be defined and knows how to blow smoke in volumes.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©