INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!  (Read 55671 times)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!
« Reply #640 on: July 07, 2006, 01:31:00 PM »
Here is Mossy Oaks phone# 662-494-8859

This is the link for the e-mails       http://www.mossyoak.com/content.asp?id=210    

Mossy Oak Bio Logic [email protected]

Quality Deer Management Associations phone# 1-800-209-DEER (3337)
Contact page       http://www.qdma.com/contact/default.asp      

Leaf River Products contact page       http://www.vibrashine.com/contact.html      

BASF       http://www.corporate.basf.com/en/kontakt/?id=*AGLI8ugBbcp1oK      

Kershaw Knives 1-800-325-2891 [email protected]

Polaris Industries (763) 417-8650

Mega Outdoor Properties      http://www.megaoutdoorproperty.com/contact.html    

Do All Outdoors 800.252.9247

The Edge Outdoors (they do scent elimination products) No contact info yet

Brush Clearing Services LLC No contact info yet

Great Day Inc. Camo face mask maker, no contact info yet

Meopta   optics maker U.S. Distributor is TCI NY (631)436-5900

If anyone has e-mail addresses on these folks or any of the others on the list, please send them to me. As of right now I have one for Mossy Oak Biologic and Kershaw Knives. We would be able to set-up a letter for direct mailing if we had all the addresses.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #641 on: July 07, 2006, 01:43:00 PM »
ttt
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #642 on: July 07, 2006, 05:51:00 PM »
Well folks I got Mossy Oak Biologics reply. Won't be using their products ever again.

Dear Sir,

Thanks so much for caring enough about our sport to take the time to send an email. I appreciate and respect your concerns. We at Mossy Oak and BioLogic are very passionate about hunting and its traditions. Its our lifestyle. We have the utmost respect for Chuck Sykes and the Management Advantage television show. Chuck loves the sport as much as any of us. Its my understanding that Chuck is managing the wildlife on the property to be used and they couldn’t have a better guy. I know in my heart he wouldn’t align himself or support anything that would harm our sport.

I don’t know many details, but I understand more info is coming on what the WHA is doing. I trust Chuck and I am willing to wait and see and keep an open mind. I’d like for us all to keep an open mind and see what this is all about before we make rash emotional decisions. At some point in life and business…you have to trust others….and I trust Chuck.

Thanks for your past support and I hope you will be willing to wait and see.

Bobby Cole

BioLogic
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #643 on: July 07, 2006, 06:45:00 PM »
Meopta Optics is a fairly new company offering scopes, spotting scopes and Telescopes at very low prices to a dealer equaling a high profit margin. They are more than likely trying to get their name out there. These are the kind of sponsors that can be rattled easy with emails or phone calls. My .02 cents
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline 42WLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #644 on: July 07, 2006, 07:16:00 PM »
Just sent an e-mail off to Biologic expressing my disgust with their position.
Dave Thomas
VP, Rockfish Bowhunters Club

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #645 on: July 07, 2006, 07:24:00 PM »
Davis Garvin Insurance gives out QDMA information to Hunt Clubs that buy policies from them I am told. Mossy Oak Bio Logic is a big advertiser in the magazine they distribute. DG Ins. phone # 1-800-845-3163  in case you want to let them know what their associates are involved with.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #646 on: July 07, 2006, 07:35:00 PM »
I also just Emailed MO and asked for an address where I can return all my families MO products, including camo, tapes, seed. I seriously intend to do so. It's a shame too. I've always liked MO and tried to support them, but no longer. BTW - I sent the same request to their general comment mail box and the advertising/marketing mail box. Hopefully I get a reply. If I do I'll post it.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #647 on: July 07, 2006, 07:56:00 PM »
For what its worth- my response to Bobby Cole of BioLogic.

It's good to have friends, but with friendship also comes the responsibility to tell your friend when he is messing up, doesn't it?

I read, albeit with some incredulity, your response regarding your thoughts on the WHA.

Wait and see for WHAT?

Once this show materializes the "jig" is up! Our sworn enemies have all the film they need to prove that all of us involved in hunting are nothing but a bunch of "users"- and the last straw is that we are willing to USE helpless animals, endangering their lives in a game, no matter how slim the percentages are, to gain fame and wealth. That's what the public will see, Bobby.

This is NOT hunting. Its a bastardization of hunting. But when our friends in the media get hold of it it will become the FACE of hunting to the 80% of our population we are going to need to depend on when the ballots get counted on a national referendum on whether you get to continue doing what your livelihood is dependent on.

What more could PETA/HSUS be hoping for? They will make huge inroads with that film and their $96,000,000 a year budget. Jeepers creepers, Bobby, they won't even HAVE to spend their money- their willing accomplices in the media are going to give them all the free airtime they need running us into the ground with this crap!

Just like when the ATA told all the state game and fish folks that crossbows would bring more participants into hunting, and all it ended up doing was offer the chance for lazy gun hunters to participate in archery season without expending any effort to practice- this thing is not going to be recruiting new hunters- it will be recruiting big white hunter wannabe's from the city, and gamers, who will come and dart deer behind fences -but they aren't hunters, Bobby. Never will be.

If you want to do something to help recruit new hunters, worry about "access"- to hunting grounds. That is the single largest problem with recruitment and retention of hunters. But then, you and Chuck already know that, as does everyone involved in the hunting community. But that doesn't sell much seed, and siding with Chuck and Farbman "might" sell a little more, so you're just going to ride that pony for a while and see where it leads?

For what? So David Farbman can make millions personally, and sell lots of land around the country to create a series of venues for this to be run like Nascar and BASS?  Can't you understand the long term ramifications of this far outweigh the short term profits you may experience?

Wait? I don't think so. Why don't you play your fiddle while Rome burns? Me, I'm going to try my best to stop this thing and preserve YOUR future right to hunt. You sell some seed to Farbman.

Oh, and by the way, the 9000 acres where I've been planting your stuff over in South Carolina? No more. Now where are those Antler King and Tecomate Seed catalogs?

Sincerely,
Ray Hammond
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #648 on: July 07, 2006, 08:08:00 PM »
Your first line said it all Ray....friendships based on honesty, trust, and truth have the ability to police each other effectively. Not so when it's based on the almighty dollar....they are waiting to see if it's profitable....
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #649 on: July 07, 2006, 08:09:00 PM »
Well stated, Ray.  

The question is, has Bobby already sold out ...
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #650 on: July 07, 2006, 08:12:00 PM »
It appears from the language that they're prepared to be on board with this. Farbman spoke specifically of camo clothes, I guess we know what camo now.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #651 on: July 07, 2006, 09:01:00 PM »
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #652 on: July 07, 2006, 09:22:00 PM »
I'm sorry, but I cannot believe that Mossy Oak is on board with this at all.

I will be able to find out...and I will let you know.

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #653 on: July 07, 2006, 10:27:00 PM »
Ray, I sent you an Email. I really hope your right, but not real confident.

Vermonster. I saw on the other thread that Cabela's is with us. That being said, they carry a huge selection of MO stuff. What was their actual statement on WHA?
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Ted

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #654 on: July 07, 2006, 10:44:00 PM »
As luck would have it, I was looking at a Kershaw Knife today.  Glad I didn't buy it.  I just left them a message telling them that I will not buy any more products from them in the future and that I am just one voice in a large and growing body of sportsmen that are passionately against the values of the WHA.  I gave them a name and phone number, but I doubt I will hear back.

Dave - I have a bit of long car ride in the morning - it is a great time to call folks to get my voice out there.  Could you post or pm me a list of phone numbers of sponsors and supporters that I could leave messages for or better yet have discussions with.

I haven't been too active in this fight yet, but, gosh, I need to be . . . we all do.

Thanks,

Ted

Offline Texasrecurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #655 on: July 08, 2006, 01:50:00 AM »
Any company who ends up sponsoring this thing will never see another dollar of my money, that's a fact.

TR

Offline tothfngclw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #656 on: July 08, 2006, 02:39:00 AM »
Hello, I've been following the WHA links to various sites and found this thread to be one of the more informative.  This is my response to Mossy Oak and to say that I am disappointed is an understatement.

Dear Sirs, due to your decision to stand by Chuck Sykes and the WHA I regret to inform you that I will no longer be purchasing any Mossy Oak or BioLogic products.  I removed the Obsession bumper sticker that was on my game wall and the one on my Jeep.  A quick check at  www.realtree.com  found objections to the Mr. Sykes and the WHA in the hunting forums but no word from Realtree itself.  Rest assured that if they too decide to align themselves with these individuals then I will also boycott their products.  I would rather stand in the woods naked then help support a company that doesn't seem to get what the WHA is about.  The list of companies and organizations that are speaking out against this organization is growing everyday.  Organizations such as Mathews Archery, Martin Archery, Pope and Young, SCI, Boone and Crocket, Cabelas, Bass Pro, Merlin Archery, NFAA, NRA, Ross Archery, Newberry Archery, Muzzy, G5, Eastman Outfitters and many more.  Outdoor writers have spoken with one voice against this attrocity.  I am your target market.  I am the purchaser of your products.  You have shown that you don't value my traditions and the heritage of hunting.  I am embarrassed  that this Mr. Farbman is not only from Michigan but that he is trying to have his first darting contest here.  I am a resident of the State and I am one of the almost 400,000 bowhunters and almost 800,000 rifle hunters who take to the woods every year in this tradition that we call hunting.  It looks nothing like what Mr. Farbman envisions.  I have written to the Governor, local and State representatives, MIDNR, manufacturers, hunting organizations and anyone who will listen and might help to stop this.  I hope that in the future the folks at Mossy Oak might see that this WHA nonsense is not good for hunting and will join those who are opposed.  Perhaps at that time I might consider becoming a customer again. If there is enough outcry over this and hunters can get Cabelas and Bass Pro to stop carrying your products until this is resoved, do you believe that the small amount of people involved in the WHA are enough to keep Mossy Oak in business??

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #657 on: July 08, 2006, 05:40:00 PM »
Here you go Ted.

Here is Mossy Oaks phone# 662-494-8859

This is the link for the e-mails     http://www.mossyoak.com/content.asp?id=210    

Mossy Oak Bio Logic [email protected]

Quality Deer Management Associations phone# 1-800-209-DEER (3337)
Contact page     http://www.qdma.com/contact/default.asp    

Leaf River Products contact page     http://www.vibrashine.com/contact.html    (601) 785 9854

BASF     http://www.corporate.basf.com/en/kontakt/?id=*AGLI8ugBbcp1oK    

Kershaw Knives 1-800-325-2891 [email protected]

Polaris Industries (763) 417-8650

Mega Outdoor Properties     http://www.megaoutdoorproperty.com/contact.html    

The Edge Outdoors (they do scent elimination products) [email protected] (334) 671-4996

Brush Clearing Services LLC 770-716-8100

Great Day Inc. Camo face mask maker, 1-866-649-1918

Meopta optics maker U.S. Distributor is TCI NY (631)436-5900  [email protected]

If anyone has e-mail addresses on these folks or any of the others on the list, please send them to me. As of right now I have one for Mossy Oak Biologic and Kershaw Knives. We would be able to set-up a letter for direct mailing if we had all the addresses.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline aussiebowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #658 on: July 08, 2006, 06:34:00 PM »
good work guys

pat

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©