INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!  (Read 55661 times)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Worst Idea Ever...HUNTING ALERT!!! READ & EMAIL!
« Reply #660 on: July 08, 2006, 10:52:00 PM »
Does anyone have any connections with Realtree or ASAT Camo? Would be good to know their positions since Mossy Oak is sitting on the high fence right now.

Here is the feedback page for Realtree so some of you can ask them like I did. I put it under Other for dept.

http://www.realtree.com/contact/index.tpl?faq=T

Here is ASAT's phone# 406-563-9336
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline jindydiver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #661 on: July 09, 2006, 05:53:00 AM »
(Q) Why are there high fences at these event locations?

(A) Although all of the participants practice fair chase hunting, it is imperative to hold these competitions in a controlled environment to ensure the safety of the animals. The tournaments will be held on large high fence ranches that mimic a fair chase environment. A high fence ranch offers the appropriately controlled environment and allows the ability for the WHA to educate the public properly regarding herd and food plot management. All of the participants (as well as many WHA employees) are avid fair chase hunters.

How on earth do high fences "ensure the safety of the animals"  :knothead:  
What he really means is it stops real hunters from taking them ('cause the real hunters do go inside the pens).

And "mimicking" fair chase hunting isn't fair chase hunting, it is shooting animals behind wire. You can dress it up as much as you like but hunting behind wire IS NOT fair chase hunting.
  :banghead:

Mick

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #663 on: July 09, 2006, 07:49:00 PM »
The second link above will lead you to an interview with Farbman that is must reading!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #664 on: July 09, 2006, 09:04:00 PM »
The stop Worldhunt link now has a letter to the Management Advatage sponsors, Chuck Sykes the biologist supporting the WHA show. We need to start mailing that one out guys to help convince Mossy Oak /Bio Logic and the others that the WHA is a mistake.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Frank1107

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #665 on: July 09, 2006, 09:40:00 PM »
David:

Thank you for your diligence in this fiasco. I have written to everyone you suggested and have made others in my circle of influence aware.

Frank

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #666 on: July 09, 2006, 10:12:00 PM »
There was a commercial on the outdoor channel today for the management Advantage, where they literally said "watch the MA to see how catch and release can help you improve your deer heard". I was dumb founded. This guy is up to his neck with Farbman and is going to start ramming this concept down people's throats. I REALLY REALLY want to know where MO stands on this. They are this guys major sponsor, and it looks like he is going to start being the face of WHA, so without major damage control by them (MO), they are guilty by association in my book.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Ken999

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #667 on: July 09, 2006, 10:32:00 PM »
I sent Mossy Oak an E-mail stateing that I will never buy another product of there's...as far a Montec and Carbon express goes, I'm not real happy w/ them either...

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #668 on: July 09, 2006, 10:40:00 PM »
Folks, Rob D has made life easier for all of us. Just click on the stop worldhunt now link and there is a form e-mail there now that you can fill out that will be sent to the five sponsors of Management Advantage that we have e-mail addresses for. We need to show Mr. Sykes that his position does have repurcussions from us hunters. I know his big money is in management of high fence animals, but us regular hunting folks use a lot more of these products than these operations do and there are a lot of camo makers and food plot products out there to choose from.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #669 on: July 09, 2006, 10:45:00 PM »
Vermonster - Just to make it clear for folks, The "STOP WORLDHUNT NOW" email has changed since it was first posted and people should resend it? Just want people who have already sent it once to know it has changed.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #670 on: July 09, 2006, 10:49:00 PM »
No and yes. There are two e-mails available through that link now. If you've already sent the first one, there is a new one for the sponsors of Management Advantage that we need everyone to send. For those who haven't sent any yet, we really need you to send both.

Thanks to all of you for your efforts, we are making progress, it just takes time to win some wars.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline waknstak IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #671 on: July 09, 2006, 10:57:00 PM »
I sent an email to Mossy Oak. I think they need to hear from everyone. I just wonder if Cabelas and Bass Pro will be willing to refuse to sell products of WHA sponsors. I guess this is when we see who is willing to do the right thing,and who just talks.
"You can't have NO in your heart"- Joe Dirt

Offline el cazador

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #672 on: July 09, 2006, 11:27:00 PM »
Dave,

It looks like the form email is addressed to Management Advantage.  Does it go to Management Advantage, or to their sponsors?  Just want to know if that one email takes care of all, or if I need to send something to each of the sponsors too.

Thanks for all of your efforts.

Anthony

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #673 on: July 10, 2006, 12:35:00 AM »
While we're writing to the folks that support WHA, don't forget to pass kudos to the fellow who wrote that great article in the Detroit Free Press.  His name is Eric Sharp and he came down pretty hard on WHA.  You might thank him for his willingness to take a stand and ask him to keep after the WHA.  His email:  [email protected].
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #674 on: July 10, 2006, 08:18:00 AM »
The e-mail gets sent to all of their sponsors El Cazador. Saves you from having to write multiple letters.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #675 on: July 10, 2006, 11:04:00 AM »
got this from the Management Advantage:

"we are not an official sponsor. We do not pay for the link. We do not position our selves in the same line of thought as Chuck."

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #676 on: July 10, 2006, 11:10:00 AM »
Yeah we all have got that so far. But they aren't opposing Chuck using their name either.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #677 on: July 11, 2006, 01:15:00 PM »
This article will be publicly released soon. Money can go a long ways with some folks.

The use of non lethal weapons in the pursuit of whitetails

By Henry Chidgey

I, for one, can see no reason why we as sportsmen, should not support and consider the use of non lethal weapons as another form of interacting in nature with the elements and wildlife. Some of the letters I have read recently concerning the new World Hunting Association seem very reminiscent of the arguments about traditional vs compound bows, inline scoped muzzle loaders vs flint locks, single shot vs semi auto rifles, etc. In my judgment, the weapon we use is much less important that the efforts and behaviors we put into being great wildlife stewards. For the life of me I cannot get upset about someone hunting with a bow or rifle to immobilize a whitetail, take the animals picture, and that person feeling good about the skill and patience it took to accomplish this with an animal like a whitetail deer. As a matter of fact, I can envision this being used as a tool to allow more whitetail bucks to reach maturity and even engage a larger segment of our population in pursuit of wildlife and the appreciation for the total ecosystem that we and the wildlife live in.

A hunter is best defined by his or her ethics, not by the weapon they use. I’ve heard some die hard traditional bowhunters talk about using blunts to shoot at wildlife (and some domestic animals). I’ve seen rifle hunters that have never fired their weapon before coming to hunt. I’ve seen all kinds of “hunters” take “I had to try, you know” shots and never even go follow up to see if they had wounded the animal. Hunting is about respect for the wildlife, the habitat, and our fellow human beings, hunters, non hunters, and anti hunters. Thank goodness the great majority of folks I see these days, especially in QDMA, are passionate about the habitat and wildlife. They probably are better described as wildlife and habitat stewards who hunt. That hunting includes lots of non lethal activities, like photography, habitat development, scouting, etc. It may also include trapping for predator control, depredation hunting to remove excess does, cutting down trees to improve browse, planting trees, burning native grasses, etc. I think this idea of non lethal hunting as another part of being a wildlife and habitat steward is exciting and well worth the effort of further investigation.

As far as this World Hunting Association Contest thing goes, I think the impact on hunters and non hunters will depend completely on how the producers and participants conduct the contest and use the show as not only an opportunity for selling hunting stuff, but selling the role, we as wildlife stewards have in enhancing and protecting the habitat (including fatally harvesting the appropriate number of whitetails for the carrying capacity of the wildlife). The impact on anti hunters we already know, they will attempt to spin the story to further their agenda of putting an end to legal hunting. At the end of the day they don’t really matter, the non hunters have the numbers. Our job is to engage more and more non hunters into the experience of the excitement of seeing a whitetail without the animal ever knowing you are there and then having the skill to hit the animal with a bullet, arrow, or dart. Once they experience that, they, like many of us will be hooked for life.

I support the effort David Farbman and his associates are making and agree this is another opportunity for all hunters to stand together. I would also challenge Mr Farbman to have his and his associates’ actions be absolutely consistent with his words. I hope he is a man of honor. Time will tell.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #678 on: July 11, 2006, 01:18:00 PM »
Some info on Henry Chidgey

http://www.deerage.com/about_us.htm

Wonder why all the guys coming out in support of this make a living off of managing enclosed herds and big lease herds?
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #679 on: July 11, 2006, 02:07:00 PM »
"[dntthnk]"    :mad:    :confused:  (I'd put a crying graemlin on here too if we had one)

"...use the show as not only an opportunity for selling hunting stuff" I think that's yer answer David
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©