INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Management Advantage sponsor responses, please post them to this thread.  (Read 4667 times)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
From Do-All Traps

Below is the result of your feedback form.  It was submitted by
Molly Simmons ([email protected]) on Monday, July 10, 2006 at 11:15:51
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

message: I am very displeased with the philosophy, proposed format, and goals of Worldhunt. This is a travesty created without thought for the serious damage it will cause hunting. I am a longtime bowhunter, and I've never seen anything more abominable or frightening in its potential for harm, than this event. If you are part of the Worldhunt creation team, please reconsider what you are doing. If you are sponsoring Worldhunt, I will use every available resource at my disposal to prevent you from selling ANY product to anyone that I have influence over, and I will encourage everyone I know to do the same. Consider the potential for long term harm this project has to the sport that drives YOUR business!
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Do-All Traps isn't even a sponsor of the Management Advantage show. These WHA types seem to like to play fast and loose with sponsor names.

So Do-All has been removed from the e-mail list and are on our side in this folks.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline BTH

• Trad Bowhunter
From Molly at Do-All Traps

we are not an official sponsor. We do not pay for the link. We do not
position our selves in the same line of thought as Chuck.
Pork, Oysters, and Beer...the Holy Trinity (Anthony Bourdain).

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Dear Sir,

Thanks so much for caring enough about our sport to take the time to send an email. I appreciate and respect your concerns. We at Mossy Oak and BioLogic are very passionate about hunting and its traditions. Its our lifestyle. We have the utmost respect for Chuck Sykes and the Management Advantage television show. Chuck loves the sport as much as any of us. Its my understanding that Chuck is managing the wildlife on the property to be used and they couldn’t have a better guy. I know in my heart he wouldn’t align himself or support anything that would harm our sport.

I don’t know many details, but I understand more info is coming on what the WHA is doing. I trust Chuck and I am willing to wait and see and keep an open mind. I’d like for us all to keep an open mind and see what this is all about before we make rash emotional decisions. At some point in life and business…you have to trust others….and I trust Chuck.

Thanks for your past support and I hope you will be willing to wait and see.

Bobby Cole

BioLogic
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Yes we agree with your position and we pulled our sponsorship with him last year. The fact that he still has a link on his site for our company is unsolicited by our company.  If you would, please take the time to view those companies that we do sponsor:   http://do-alloutdoors.com/friends.php   You will notice that neither Chuck Sykes nor The Management Advantage are listed.

We appreciate the time you are taking towards this subject matter.

Sincerely,

Shane P. Leanna

President & Chief Manager

Do-All Outdoors
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline lucznik

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by vermonster13:
Dear Sir,

Thanks so much for caring enough about our sport to take the time to send an email. I appreciate and respect your concerns. We at Mossy Oak and BioLogic are very passionate about hunting and its traditions. Its our lifestyle. We have the utmost respect for Chuck Sykes and the Management Advantage television show. Chuck loves the sport as much as any of us. Its my understanding that Chuck is managing the wildlife on the property to be used and they couldn’t have a better guy. I know in my heart he wouldn’t align himself or support anything that would harm our sport.

I don’t know many details, but I understand more info is coming on what the WHA is doing. I trust Chuck and I am willing to wait and see and keep an open mind. I’d like for us all to keep an open mind and see what this is all about before we make rash emotional decisions. At some point in life and business…you have to trust others….and I trust Chuck.

Thanks for your past support and I hope you will be willing to wait and see.

Bobby Cole

BioLogic
vermonster13,

Could you post the direct email address for this gentleman so that the rest of us can express our dissapointment to him about this stance directly?
What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
Not impressed by DO-All's responses. What does it say about a company who is willing to let their link to be associated with this issue...even "unsolicited"? By even allowing their name to be listed, whether they pay for it or not, they are tacitly giving their approval. Sorry, can't play both sides of the fence, even for free advertising....  "[dntthnk]"
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Ernie Black

• Trad Bowhunter
Same as BTH from Molly Simmons:
we are not an official sponsor. We do not pay for the link. We do not
position our selves in the same line of thought as Chuck.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
lucnik, Todd Amenrud of Bio-Logic tells us they have nothing to do with this. I sent him a copy of Bobby Coles e-mail and am waiting for a response from one of them on what exactly the truth is. If I don't get a reply to our liking, they will be put back into the mass mailing and I will post Bobby's e-mail address here for everyone to speak with him directly.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
I received a personal email from Mr. Amenrud today. It seems that he is not aware of WHA or is playing dumb. I explained to him what we are concened about and sent him copies of other emails I have sent to Worldhunt and Cabela's. I think we need to flood Biologic and Mossy Oak with as many emails as possible. I amy be wrong but I think they are BIG sponsors of Worldhunt in terms of $$$ and we need to put pressure on them.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
I would like to get both their emails....I look forward to sending them some "encouragement".
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
I received this email yesterday from BioLogic's Todd Amenrud  - [email protected] -

Could you please tell me why I am getting all these Management Advantage emails? I have nothing to do with the Management Advantage show or the WHA.

And my email reply ...

Hello Todd,

First and foremost, thank you for not supporting the WHA/Worldhunt.  Your email address is being removed from the Management Advantage form email immediately - please excuse a few straggler emails that may get by.

Trad Gang's position is that anyone who supports anything to do with WHA or Worldhunt will not receive our support.

Anyone, any group, any vendor, any business or corporation that aligns themselves with the utter greedy nonsense that WHA/Worldhunt is fostering will be boycotted by as many sportsman as we can get the word out to - for manufacturers and vendors, this will mean a measurable loss of profits.

With that in mind, and your understanding that Mr. Sykes and "Management Advantage" are part of the WHA/Worldhunt scheme, your business link is found on their "Sponsors" page ...

http://www.themanagementadvantage.com/sponsors.htm

In your own best business interests, you might want to request of Management Advantage to remove anything to do with your business from their website.  Any hunter that views their site will think you are a Management Advantage sponsor, and that means you also support the WHA/Worldhunt, and therefore you may likely have one less customer.

Best Regards,
Rob.
Trad Gang Admin

Now, Todd's statement kinda goes against what Bobby Cole preached to Ray Hammond, eh?
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
Here is what I got from him:

Mr. Carlsen,

BioLogic has no connection at all to Worldhunt or Mr. Farbam. Where do you get that from - because some radical whiner told you? Fighting amongst hunters is what's going to be the demise of our sport!!!

Shoot Straight,

Todd Amenrud

BioLogic, Scientifically Proven Wild Game Products

Director of Public Relations, Territory Manager & Habitat Consultant

It seems to me that these guys are being used by Worldhunt with out their knowledge...wonder what is really going on?

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
That is a very similar answer to one given by some WHA supporters.

Bill I sent him a copy of the letter from Bobby Cole posted above. He says BioLogic/Mossy Oak trusts Sykes to do whatever he's doing. Sounds to me like they need to get their story straight over there!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
Here's my response to  him:

Mr. Armenrud: I do not think that this is a matter of me getting upset over someone whining, nor do I think that it is a small matter. Rather than trying to make a case I would refer you to the website,  www.tradgang.com  and find their Posts on Politics and hunting. There are well over 600 responses posted there in regards to this issue of Worldhunt. It seems that Management Advantage, of which your company is a sponsor, has been connected to the World Hunt program. In fact, World Hunt duped the editor of Bowhunt America Magazine, Bill Krenz, into taking out ads for World Hunt before Mr. Farbam would tell him about the nature of the program. As soon as Mr. Krenz realized what he was getting into he discontinued World  Hunt advertising in his publication.

In any event, as a bowhunter for the last 54 years, I have a great love and passion for the sport and do not want to see it bastardized by a program like Worldhunt. I, like you, think that we are, at times, our own worst enemies. However, in this case, we need to be standing together. Thank you for your reply and if  you have any knowledge of any of the sponsors of Management Advantage being involved with Worldhunt it may be worth your while to discuss this issue with them. A gentleman by the name of Chuck Sykes has been identified as one who is already involved with WorldHunt. If he is not then World Hunt is using using names of sponsors without their knowledge or permission.

Sincerely,
Bill Carlsen

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
Here's my response to  him:

Mr. Armenrud: I do not think that this is a matter of me getting upset over someone whining, nor do I think that it is a small matter. Rather than trying to make a case I would refer you to the website,  www.tradgang.com  and find their Posts on Politics and hunting. There are well over 600 responses posted there in regards to this issue of Worldhunt. It seems that Management Advantage, of which your company is a sponsor, has been connected to the World Hunt program. In fact, World Hunt duped the editor of Bowhunt America Magazine, Bill Krenz, into taking out ads for World Hunt before Mr. Farbam would tell him about the nature of the program. As soon as Mr. Krenz realized what he was getting into he discontinued World  Hunt advertising in his publication.

In any event, as a bowhunter for the last 54 years, I have a great love and passion for the sport and do not want to see it bastardized by a program like Worldhunt. I, like you, think that we are, at times, our own worst enemies. However, in this case, we need to be standing together. Thank you for your reply and if  you have any knowledge of any of the sponsors of Management Advantage being involved with Worldhunt it may be worth your while to discuss this issue with them. A gentleman by the name of Chuck Sykes has been identified as one who is already involved with WorldHunt. If he is not then World Hunt is using using names of sponsors without their knowledge or permission.

Sincerely,
Bill Carlsen

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
Here is the response I got from Vibrashine.[Leaf River]

Dear Mr. Andrews,

In response to your e-mail regarding the WHA, you are mistaken in your claim that we support WHA.  We do not support WHA and in fact had not even heard of WHA or known of its existence until very recently.

We have received a few e-mails regarding WHA because one of the many television shows that we happen to sponsor is “The Management Advantage” of which Chuck Sykes is the host.    Commitments for television sponsorships for 2006 were made last year, long before we even knew that a WHA existed or that Chuck had any involvement with WHA.  I have not seen any mention of WHA on “The Management Advantage” television show and also do not see any links or reference to WHA on the web-site of “The Management Advantage”.   I do not know what Chuck’s involvement with WHA is other than the quotes dated June 21  that I have just recently seen on the World Hunt web-site after it was called to our attention.

Last year we chose to sponsor “The Management Advantage” because we believe it to be the best deer management show on Television and we make trail cameras that are an excellent management tool. That seemed to be a good fit.   We also appreciate the underlying stewardship theme of the show.  By the way,  “The Management Advantage” show only runs for 6 months of the year  from about April through September and will therefore soon be off the air until spring of 2007.

I personally would not like to see hunting made into a competition and have no intention of sponsoring “World Hunt”.  In fact, I do not see any sponsors listed on the “World Hunt” website.

Thank you for calling the matter to our attention, but again, you are mistaken in your claim that we are a sponsor.

Don Saxon

Vice President

VibraShine Inc./ Leaf River Outdoor Products
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
this is what I got from Vibra shine.. a sponsor of chuck sykes show...
Dear Mr. Lay,

Thank you for your e-mail of July 7 regarding the World Hunt organization.

Actually we were not aware that such an association existed until it was brought to our attention very recently, nor were we aware of any involvement by Chuck Sykes.

Commitments for television sponsorships for 2006 were made last year, long before we even knew that a WHA existed or that Chuck had any involvement with WHA. I have not seen any mention of WHA on “The Management Advantage” television show and also do not see any links or reference to WHA on the web-site of “The Management Advantage”. I do not know what Chuck’s involvement with WHA is other than the quotes dated June 21 that I have just recently seen on the World Hunt web-site after it was called to our attention.

Last year we chose to sponsor “The Management Advantage” because we believe it to be the best deer management show on Television and we make trail cameras that are an excellent management tool. That seemed to be a good fit. We also appreciate the underlying stewardship theme of the show.

I personally would not like to see hunting made into a competition and share your concerns. We have no intention of sponsoring “World Hunt”. In fact, I do not see any sponsors listed on the “World Hunt” website.

The commitment to sponsor “The Management Advantage” television show was made last year and there are only about 2 months remaining since this show only runs 6 months of the year from about April through September.

Thank you for calling this matter to our attention, but we are not and do not intend to be involved with “World Hunt”.

Don Saxon

Vice-President

VibraShine, Inc./Leaf River Outdoor Products
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
The problem I have with Don Saxon (Vibrashine) is the same as the issues I have with Shane Leanna  (Do-All) and Todd Amenrud (BioLogic) - they all espose no affiliation with, or support for, WHA/Worldhunt, yet The Management Advantage website clearly lists them as sponsors ...

http://www.themanagementadvantage.com/sponsors.htm    

... if your company is shown sponsoring The Management Advantage, you have aligned yerself with WHA/Worldhunt in the eyes of anyone reviewing the above website, and in your own best business interests you might want to consider contacting Chuck Sykes/The Management Advantage and ask for all mention of your business removed from that website.

Clearly, that's the message those businesses need to understand and enact upon.  

They need to walk their talk.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I am still waiting for Todd Amenrud to explain to me why he and Bobby Coles have different replies as to there response to the WHA and Chuck Sykes involvement.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©