INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: World Hunt My Space blog  (Read 2192 times)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
World Hunt My Space blog
« on: July 24, 2006, 10:01:00 PM »
Check out some of the folks they are claiming as friends now and linking up with. Just don't eat anything before you look, might get your keyboard a bit filthy.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=83949904
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Texasrecurve

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: World Hunt My Space blog
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 10:50:00 PM »
Well I noticed two things. One...they have a hunter who is wheelchair bound and one who is black! Farbman is trying to cover all the bases. LOL. And most importantly....Mossy Oak's logo and link is in the UPPER LEFT CORNER!!! I for one don't think they are being upfront about their association with the World Tranquilizer Tour. They just released a statment a few days ago denying any and all support now or in the future for Farbman's Folly. Mossy Oak...you need to get your story straight. Soon.

TR

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 10:57:00 PM »
You need to click on that link. It's not Mossy Oak, it's some 23 year-old that is using their logo as his avatar. Very misleading, think that's why it's at the top? I do.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Texasrecurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 11:04:00 PM »
David, I just clicked on it. It leads directly to Mossy Oak's website!!!!

TR

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 11:06:00 PM »
No it doesn't. If you follow it all the way down, you'll see it is a cut and paste copy of their website. It was done by a 23 year-old. Most of the links are to other 20 year-old who have done the same thing with RealTree, Drury Brothers and some others. It is the WHA playing fast and quick again. Don't let them dupe you.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 11:18:00 PM »
It looks like we need to e-mail these companies and let them know what the WHA and it's "friends" are doing. I am sure we'll have some very unhappy folks and this just might sway them into putting a little more than a statement against the WHA out.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Texasrecurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 11:23:00 PM »
Well, I just went to Mossy Oak's website independently from yahoo and I can see absolutely no difference. All the links on the WHA linked site go to where they are supposed to go. The dealer locator gives you the dealers, the contact us link gives you all their contact info, etc, etc. The direct link from yahoo and from WHA lead you to the same place. What am I missing???

TR

Offline Texasrecurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 11:30:00 PM »
David, I'm not talking about Mr. Predator Hunter's (the 23 year old) link that has the MO logo on the middle of the page a few inches down. I am talking about the MO logo at the very upper left corner.

TR

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 11:32:00 PM »
The link in the top left can be pasted by anyone if thats the one you're speaking of. You can find it in several other blogs. If you click on the friend who has the Mossy Oak Avatar you'll see what I'm talking about. This is a game, we need to contact Mossy Oak and let them know who is using their link and name. I am sure they won't be happy about it. It is no different though than posting their address here and placing the icon for the click. Also you'll see they aren't listed as a sponsor for the site or anything. It is the WHA playing games again. I'll talk to the fellows at Mossy Oak tomorrow and let them know.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Texasrecurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 11:40:00 PM »
Yeah, please let them know. It is a direct link to their webite using their own logo from WHA's my space. It does more than just imply that they are sponsors. Anyone who sees it would naturally assume they were affiliated. If I were them, I would be all over Farbman.

TR

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 05:54:00 AM »
I especially like "Hip Hop Thighs"- now there's a ringing endorsement for the program if I ever saw one- and that Big Country- flex-posing like a 19 yr old Arnold Schwarzenegger in camo, in a treestand- now that's a fellow I want to grow up to be just like!- NOT!!!!!!!!!!!
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2006, 06:21:00 AM »
I think I am going to Barff.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2006, 10:17:00 PM »
The Bill Jordan Link has been removed. I didn't have time to call Mossy Oak today, but I know they were sent a few e-mails. I will call them tomorrow. Today I taught a bowhunter safety course to 56 teenage girls and that trumps looking out for Mossy Oak everytime.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 09:06:00 AM »
Seems like most of the "supporters" are foul mouthed, self indulgent kids...real good role models of what our kind of hunting is all about. Giveme a break. If that is the best they can do I do not see anything to worry about. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2006, 01:06:00 PM »
Here is Mo's response.

Thanks for pointing that out. MySpace is a crazy phenomenon. It’s difficult to patrol the use of our mark on the internet. It’s easy to pull images and use them wherever. We’re investigating if anything can be done about this, but it’s someone’s personal page. I don’t know if there is a way to remove our mark from this. Our only option is to probably ask the person to remove, knowing it may not be done. It’s so unbelievably easy to misrepresent yourself on MySpace.

Just know that we do not and will not support WHA in any way. Thanks.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Texasrecurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 11:48:00 PM »
Thanks for the follow up David. It sounds like they are not too happy about it and I don't blame them.

Rodney

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2006, 11:23:00 PM »
The Mossy Oak link has been removed. The blog has also been cleaned up and there are pictures of Farbman in his trophy room now. The best deer money can buy.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Texasrecurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 11:45:00 AM »
Good, I am glad the link was removed. We shall see how Farbman's Folly plays out. Everyone needs to keep up the pressure with emails and calls to any publications which come out with ads from the WHA.

Rodney

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©