INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: This will make you sick...  (Read 6438 times)

Offline Brian Halbleib

• Trad Bowhunter
This will make you sick...
« on: October 08, 2006, 02:02:00 AM »
Click on the link and watch this video. It's a bit lengthy but you should watch the whole thing. It's actually nauseous to see the lengths these idiots will go to "get" a trophy buck. It's time to close these places down, legal or not.

http://real-hunters.com/full.swf

-Brian
 www.bowyersjournal.com

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
Re: This will make you sick...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 02:39:00 AM »
Thanks Brian. I just had to pick my jaw off the keyboard.

How on earth does this happen? There not hunters, but crims, each and everyone of them.

Pure slobs. The sad part is, they feel the need to wear camo as well.

Just plain fools.  "[dntthnk]"
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 03:10:00 AM »
That is sick-sick-sick! Hap

Offline just_a_hunter

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 03:11:00 AM »
I don't know how some people sleep at night. I better not see a few of them faces in a dark alley.

Todd
"Before you get down on yourself  because you don't have the things you want, think of all the things you DON'T want that you don't have."

You'll notice the "luckiest" elk hunters have worn out boots.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 04:02:00 AM »
all i can get is the sound.???

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline Stalker58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 07:43:00 AM »
Brian,
Thank you for sharing that video.
It's appauling how far people will go to get a "Trophy".
I have and never will support"High Fence hunting".
Which is realy NOT hunting at all.

Offline Brian McIntyre

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 07:55:00 AM »
THAT IS DISGUSTING!!!  :mad:    I wonder if Jimmy Houston fishes in an aquarium?  How shallow do you have to be to want to pay $15,000-$20,000 to get to shoot an almost dead or drugged deer?  How about the idiot who has the arrow bounce off the deer and says "I just shot the biggest deer..........."    :help:  How do you go about closing these places down?  It's BIG money as we all know.  It certainly isn't the way I am going to get my next/first deer.  Sorry for the yelling.  :)  

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 08:17:00 AM »
I just lost all respect for jimmy houston! He can't even score with the buck bouncing off the fences for crying out loud!Thanks for the video brian some one should go and knock down those fences. There's a place like this in Northern N.J. if it wasn't closed down by now I heard rumors of the guy buying deer[big bucks] from out west with traces of cwd.Close down all these places as far as I'm concerned.This is KILLING not HUNTING. I wonder now if it is true that  Jimmy Houston has a scuba diver under water putting all those nice fish right on his lure!!

Online BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 08:20:00 AM »
And the non hunting public paints all of us with the same brush.  Pitiful.
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 08:20:00 AM »
Oh and by the way isn't it typical that the two guys in the video were shooting wheely bows !!!! I would bet the house no TRAD ARCHER would ever do something as stupid as this!

Offline Walter Mauney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 08:26:00 AM »
All that I could get was sound, also.
Yours truly,
Walter

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 08:47:00 AM »
if things like this don't end i hate to say it but i can see an end to all hunting. i will never watch another Jimmy H. anything. @$$who!~'s all of them. there must be a way to end this kind of crap? excuse me while i go vomit...
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline robertson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 08:51:00 AM »
very very very very sad

can t find any words to discribe my feeling about things like that

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006, 09:39:00 AM »
These canned game farm "hunts" are the most disgusting thing to me and an embarrasment to any ethical hunter.  If we feel disgusted by this, just imagine what a non-hunter must feel and think about it.  Unfortunately for us, the non-hunters don't distinquish between "us" and "them".  Most would put us all in the same group.
For those that weren't able to view the whole thing, there are two quotes in it that I think are worth repeating.  
Author Jim Posewitz - "Tolerance of the lowest ethical standards for the sake of unity simply demeans us all"
Theodore Roosevelt - "The rich, who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of the game."
How many times have we heard the arguement that we need to stick together as hunters and not allow anti hunters to divide us?  I say Bull....

We need to fight the game farm industry with everything we have and eliminate farces like this from being associated in any way with our sport.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 10:09:00 AM »
I cannot type for the tears.

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline AZStickman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 10:14:00 AM »
Danny go to the site real hunters .com and download the version of Flash they have there.....

I'm at a loss for words....... Terry
"The reward of a thing well done is to have done it.".. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Jimbob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 10:31:00 AM »
I dont even know what to say or do. I want to go and give out some beatings.  Why dont we all just go to the zoo on safari. I cant believe that "people" I will not call them hunters, would stoop so low. If you or any one you know goes to a high fence operation please give them a good talking too. The "people" that engage in this type of activity are the real enemy among us. I am going to personally call Jimmy Houstons sponsors Tuesday morning and tell them what kind of a person he really is. One of his major sponsors, I will not say which one, just happens to be run by a life long family friend. You gotta hit people in the pocket book to get their attention.
Jimbob

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2006, 10:39:00 AM »
This actually happened a while a go. The person who "guided" this hunt lost his license several times for different violations and this one put him out of business. His partner(brother) still runs the operation. Good news is there are only 8 of these places grandfathered to be open in Indiana. No new ones may be opened and the licenses for these places are not transferable so they will be gone in time from there at least.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2006, 11:11:00 AM »
Just to add to Vermonsters post The 8 remaining were only grandfathered for 12 years then they will have to be shut down as well. This was/has been a huge issue with alot of Indiana hunters but i beleave the good guys have won this one! If you search for bellars place you will get tons of info on this subject.
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Offline byers wolfe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2006, 01:05:00 PM »
It is DISGUSTING, but I'm not really surprised. Buying deer to shoot in a pen is really the logical conclusion of the "faster, easier, stack the odds way in your favor, type of mindset that is sadly so prevalent in hunting these days. While some just go to any length to make it easier/faster to hunt wild deer, others will stoop to flat out buying the much coveted title of "trophy deer hunter". I guess the next step will be selling photo ops with already dead trophy class deer. The same was going on years ago with people becoming instant "great white buffalo hunters" by shooting penned bison. Kinda makes you wonder about alot of the outdoors shows.
The cynic knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©