INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: This will make you sick...  (Read 6440 times)

Offline vealboss

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: This will make you sick...
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2006, 01:42:00 AM »
That is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. I know of a (game ranch) killing field in south Texas that a friend worked on that turned a buffalo out of the trailer 50yd from the blind the "hunter" was in, it walked out of the trailer down the field a pow. I makes me sick that people thing that all hunting and hunters are cut from the same cloth.   :(

Offline Jason in Bama

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2006, 07:13:00 PM »
These "hunters" and I use that term very, very, very loosly are among the lowest people on the planet. Anyone who loses their principles and moral backbone to make a dollar have sold themsevles out completely. Unfortunatly hunting was one of the last few places that was safe from such people, but no more. Thank goodness there are still a few decent people (like the ones on this site) that are willing to put there values above everything else and are willing to stand up to those who don't. Just my two cents.
Your sole purpose in life may be to serve as a warning to others.
The journey is the destination.

Offline Billy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2006, 10:07:00 PM »
You guys need to know that's not just we TG'ers that are miffed about this/these idiots.
 The guy I use for processing is right outside the boundary fence of this operation. The hunters who come in there (slug,M/L,wheelie) ALL think he should be under the prison.
 Some say boundary fences would be ok others, like most of us,are tee-totally against any fence. But, ALL are against the things on this video.
 What is needed is a HUNTERS' Association with a spine ! As well as, WE hunters to stand and demand rules and regs apply to everyone. Without regard to weapon or season.
 Just my ranting, Thanx for allowing me to vent.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Taker of the Founders Red Pill

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2006, 11:18:00 AM »
Pathetic folks in that video.  I'm disgusted but not surprised.  I see mini-versions of it all the time.  Though state authorities won't come right out and say it, many people here believe that CWD was trucked in when infected animals from Canadian game farms were brought in to improve the genetics in privately run Quality Deer Management areas.  At the same time, infected animals were also being transported inter and intra-state among game farms.  Source is difficult to pinpoint, but not the cause.  Greed.

Offline FreedomRules3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2006, 11:38:00 PM »
Its simply pathetic what they do. I'm sort of in awe right now. this video should be shown on every forum on the net . thanks for sharing , I'll certainly keep the circle growing  :)  We all need to stand against this type of criminal behavior.

Offline J Osborne

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2006, 04:01:00 AM »
WOW, have you posted this on other sites?  This is the first Ive seen of it.  More should see this.

Offline J Osborne

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2006, 06:13:00 AM »
I went to other sites to see if people had seen or talked about this and most site this topic is closed and removed.

Why are people willing to turn a blind eye?  Am I missing something?

Offline no

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2007, 02:38:00 PM »
Go to Jimmy Houston outdoors & e-mail him about how disgusted you are.  Mike
Big Mike

Offline The Ursus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2007, 04:34:00 PM »
speachless...............

Offline mike laychur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2007, 05:49:00 PM »
its not hunting,don't call it hunting its a slap in the face to us all. cattle going to slauter get more respect, at least that's their purpose, they are killed for food, what is happening to those deer is a lie.

Offline Old Ways

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2007, 12:53:00 PM »
This stuff makes me sick. I do not understand people at all. Seems some people will do anything to be the big hero even though they are a big zero. This coming in first place and the win at all cost attitude must be something learned through sports and business. Now it even effects the only place we can get away from it all.

I don't think the majority of people even know what hunting is anymore. They sit in a high-rise blind over bait on a high fence ranch and shoot the deer they picked out of a photo album while someone films it all so they can look like the big hunter. Throw one of these fools out in the real woods and see how they fare.

To me hunting is a way of life. It takes care of the meat dishes that in part feed my family. It is not about big horns (although they are necessary to meet the requirements of the Michigan hunting tag).  Hunting the "best" animal is actually counter productive. Nature doesn't work that way.

The woods are where we go to escape the modern world. It is all that is left and it is getting smaller each day. One of the reasons I returned to traditional hunting was because it is simple. It is an age old art that "fits" into the forest. In the interest of keeping the natural world natural I would like to see some changes. No more baiting, no shooting pens, no contests where the biggest rack wins, no more ATV or ORV use, no more trail markers, no more left in place blinds or tree stands, heck, I even wish ther was no more firearms. I know, I'm a dreamer.
"You dishonor an animal if you take it's spirit without knowing  and respecting the way it lived."

Offline Baim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2007, 04:36:00 PM »
Horrible...absolutely horrible..they may as well be "hunting" in zoo enclosures..
"You have to eat what you kill... so you better think real hard before you point that thing".
-my brother to my 6 yr old daughter

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2007, 05:53:00 PM »
I hope the "Gates" are closed if they ever get that far.  Alot of thing go through ones mind while watching this. All bad!!! I would like to pen them up and......well........let your own mind fill it in.......Mark

PS: This is NOT the freedom I served 28 years in the Navy to protect
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline Bowchef

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »
Very sad...
Doug

Offline FreedomRules3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2007, 09:07:00 AM »
Originally posted by J Osborne:
I went to other sites to see if people had seen or talked about this and most site this topic is closed and removed.

Why are people willing to turn a blind eye?  Am I missing something?
Funny I posted it up on several forums I follow. On One in particular I was actually called an anti hunter and I should mind my own business. the guy got so whacky they locked the post    :knothead:

of course he never even bothered to watch it . I figured he owned a high fence operation    :banghead:

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2007, 08:33:00 AM »
When I started hunting here in Texas at the age of 13 or 14, most places around where I lived in Ozona I knew and went to school with all the ranchers kids. All we had to do was ask to go hunting and they would let us. Then after graduating and moving off to start life, I could still find places to hunt for $15 to $20 dollars a day. Now days none of the kids I knew seem to remember me. They are all grown now and running the ranches. Now you can not find a place for less than $150 a day with a three day minumum if you are lucky, and none of theese places are high fence. It is still all about the $$$. Most season leases now run from $1500 and up per gun/bow per year and go up every year. Gone are the days of just asking permission. Too many people are willing to pay $3000 or more to get on a quality lease where the can take a "Record Buck". Sadly I see so many low fence places sold and new owners putting up High Fences so they can charge the "Big" $$$. As long as people are willing to pay, the price will continue to rise. I will only hunt low fence cause I like the idea of the game being able to go where they want. I have hunted one High Fence, Bowhunters Paradise, and it was agreat experience. Nothing "canned" there, but I was still uneasy with the concept. He was reasonable then, but now is way out of my price range.
I just personally made the choice to not hunt High fence again, no matter how big.

I hope everyone in that operation in Indiana gets what is coming to them. They are not true hunters, and certainly not sportsmen. I for one am writning my reps and sens and asking for legislation against so called canned hunts.

I just hope there are some low fence or public areas left for my grandkids and their children.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline T.A.C.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2007, 08:23:00 PM »
I'm PO'd and almost want to cry at the same time. And they probably call themselves hunters. Dear, look what I brought home. Disgusting!!
Terry

Offline rbbhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »
This is disgusting.  If any of you know of any of this going on, report it to your local game ranger.
RBBHUNT
"Those who will trade liberty for
security, deserve niether" B. Franklin (a long time ago and still valid)

Offline Budog56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2007, 09:51:00 PM »
The thing I dont understand..actually I dont understand ANY of it..drugging them before the shot would make them impossible to eat!!..and thats the best part If ya ever saw me you would agree I thought it was the best part..lol

Offline traditional_archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2007, 01:04:00 PM »
WOW!!  I can't believe that someone with the slightest amount of respect for God's creatures could even think about doing this.  Absolutely apolling. I couldn't even begin to imagine anyone trying to justify those types of actions.  Total loss of words now, man just unreal.
  I started to hunt with Trad Gear just to level the field between hunter and hunted.  It got to the point that I didn't feel good about other methods of hunting, ie: modern firearm and compound bows.  I see so much more of the outdoors and a lot more critters hunting the way I do.  
  I guess that the simpler things in life are all that I need.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©