INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Montana hunters take a look!!!!  (Read 2338 times)

Offline wapiti

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Montana hunters take a look!!!!
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2006, 03:20:00 PM »
BOB and MINDBENDER- I must strongly disagree! I grew a Montanan and started my hunting here. I have hunted other states and have friends that have hunted a lot including other countries. We have some of the best possible hunting and seasons possible. Yes it has changed from when I was a kid but not that much other than the difficulty of obtaining permission to hunt private lands. I find the more I am involved in hunting both archery and firearms and teaching/helping others that private lands slowly open up. Instead of being political in most of ones efforts get personal and good things happen!
“Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.”-Will Rogers

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Montana hunters take a look!!!!
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2006, 09:48:00 PM »
Mr. Sherman – I totally agree, and I feel for you.

I too have also lost the aspiration due to the commercialization of the sport and instant bowhunters.  So much so, this is also likely my last year after 40+ years of passion/obsession.  I never thought there’d come a day, but it seems to be here.  I almost hung it up this year if it wasn’t for one special animal (piebald), and he seemed to have disappeared.  Once I hear of his demise (likely next week during our general firearm season), I think I’m done.  Just finished up 3 weeks of vacation but have only made it out 10 times since Sept 30th.  That shows how my desire has waned.

If you hang it up, best of luck to you in the future with other endeavors.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©