INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Is this right??  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Rigs

• Trad Bowhunter
Is this right??
« on: November 03, 2006, 10:15:00 PM »
Greetings All,
I watched a guy from the back window of my house crawling in the barrow pit(ditch) right next to the road, sit up and shoot thru a fence at antelope this year(here in Montana,You have to be on the property inside the fence with permission). I called our poacher/law breaker hotline. Even gave them the guys plate number.

They said they would follow up on it. When I stopped in the fish and game station and talked with the warden, he said the guy was cooperative(admitted to it), just moved here from Colorado, and let him off with a courtesy citation. My first thought was "He doen't have to play by Montana rules? He doesn't have to read the regs?" Any time I hunt, no matter where, I play by the state's rules.

Sorry about the rant. Please let me know what you thoughts are.

Happy hunting, Jason
Hunting and Fishing ARE family values!  Lifetime member Traditional Bowhunters of Montana, member of Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Is this right??
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 10:51:00 PM »
Don't let it burn you up too much. Betcha next time something like that happens around your area the game warden will look that guy up first thing. Playing stupid to the law only works once!

Good Huntin' Jason.........mike.......
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Bob Sherman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 12:53:00 PM »
I would contact the Warden's superior and file a written complaint. We need to DEMAND the enforcement of laws, period.
Bob

Offline JasonV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 12:11:00 PM »
I wouldn't get too burned up about it - he didn't shoot across the roadway or from his vehicle - and he cooperated when questioned about it, so maybe he's a decent guy that made an honest mistake (especially if he just moved, which could easily be confirmed).
There are alot worse things out there to focus your energy on.
I know this is a clear violation that you can actually "put your hands on" but this is exactly why Wardens have to ability to use their discretion.
The beaten path is for beaten men.

Offline mindbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 07:33:00 PM »
yep...no reason to get overly energized...people screw up.  I almost stalked a mulie buck from a little used farm road- saw it going in- double checked the map and it was barely on private property so i didn't but...almost did it as he was bedded down and not concerned with the right wind...now i know why he wasn't concerned. Glad I made sure.
Few things are crystal clear in my mind; but to attempt to do some things that are honorable, or at least decent, seems to make some sense. A more traditional lifestyle fits...trad gang fits!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©